Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Chris Paul is starting to test my patience

Okay so.... you guys know I've defended him to a fault. Even prior to him being on the Clippers I loved his game and defended him from people underrating him. That being said what we've seen from him this season is completely unacceptable.

Chris Paul should be BETTER this year with more weapons around him and an offseason with the team. Yet he is worse in every way, literally. Blake has his own problems but in Blake's defense he's barely starting his third season and hasn't had good coaching or big men mentors.

I know Blake is still inexperienced and raw. Chris on the other hand doesn't have that excuse. In his 7th season now, extremely cerebral and intelligent player yet continues to make poor decisions. Somehow came into the season out of shape despite being in impeccable shape just a month or two earlier.

I never thought I'd mention low IQ in a sentence with CP3 but the last few games he's made multiple low IQ plays that had me yelling at the TV "WTF are you doing!?".

Every player is allowed to have bad games but to have relatively low impact in 12 games now? I feel like Bledsoe has a larger positive impact on the team 75 percent of this season so far. Superstars and top 5 players shouldn't be pulling this kind of crap.

Lazy defense, more turnovers than usual, poor shooting compared to last year, looks slow as sh** on offense and can't hit shots. I feel like his idea of creating shots this year is bowling into players and getting called for a charge.

Banned

Default Re: Chris Paul is starting to test my patience

Do you think it has to do with the new flopping rules? I mean flopping was part of the game and if you make it illegal, certain players won't have that edge to change the pace of the game or momentum.

early in the season dude, let the best PG find the groove

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Do you think it has to do with the new flopping rules? I mean flopping was part of the game and if you make it illegal, certain players won't have that edge to change the pace of the game or momentum.

Maybe it was a part of it... but flopping doesn't make him play like a scattered idiot who doesn't know when to take a shot. I mean the dude has like 5 24 second shot clock violations this year. SHOOT THE FU**ING BALL!

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Maybe it was a part of it... but flopping doesn't make him play like a scattered idiot who doesn't know when to take a shot. I mean the dude has like 5 24 second shot clock violations this year. SHOOT THE FU**ING BALL!
    gotta protect that fg%, that's the mandate brah

NBA rookie of the year

He hasn't been the same since that knee injury. Stil great, but not the same. His peak was 2008.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

I think he has the perfect team built for him. Shooters surrounding the perimeter, and big men who can catch lobs and finish around the paint. It's pretty much on him. My main issue with him is that he's way too passive. Dude literally can take over a game whenever he wants to (outside of the OKC game).

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

That's pretty funny.

As to OP,

Chris Paul will be fine. He is just going through a rough stretch. Deron Williams is too and I am fumigating and ranting on his twitter page. ( Which is why he blocked me) but superstars will break out of their funks. Blake Griffin is the real concern. With his physique he shouldn't be attempting jump shots, he should man his way to the basket, get decent post moves and be a interior force. He's still young but the Clippers need him badly.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!

That's pretty funny.

As to OP,

Chris Paul will be fine. He is just going through a rough stretch. Deron Williams is too and I am fumigating and ranting on his twitter page. ( Which is why he blocked me) but superstars will break out of their funks. Blake Griffin is the real concern. With his physique he shouldn't be attempting jump shots, he should man his way to the basket, get decent post moves and be a interior force. He's still young but the Clippers need him badly.

CP3 kind of started out slow last year as well.

they had the tough ass 5 game schedule and he averaged like 30/10

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    He seems so passive. There were multiple possessions late in the 4th where I thought he should have looked to score.

The fouls (and turnovers to some degree) were what really frustrated me though. Some were deserving, others

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!

That's pretty funny.

As to OP,

thanks for making me laugh . I understand bad games etc... but this is all year long passive play and subpar play. He's getting torched by players like Steve Blake for Christ's sake. As for Blake it's funny because people criticized the shit out of him for no shot.. and now he goes the Amare route and stops dunking, becomes a shooter primarily and improved defender and people rip him.

I think that shows he cares way too much what people think and needs to nut the fu** up. Great players play to their strengths, not give in to pressure from the outside world. Blake as I said though isn't being helped by CP3 or Vinny and is still just a 3rd year player this year, so while I'll readily criticize his play... more of the responsibility is on CP3.

Banned

why are you making this thread today on the night he faced his kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
    why are you making this thread today on the night he faced his kryptonite
    Explain his other 8 or so bad games this year? Dude has had literally like 3 good games this year. NOT OKAY.