Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: The Bucks have been awful with MCW and Noel is balling without him

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I'm not gonna argue MCW vs. Knight but that chart does show Knight's a mediocre guy at setting up others. He's great at bailing out possessions with individual scoring ability. He's not a floor general though.

MCW though is overrated. Still has room to grow but I'm not convinced he'll get there anytime soon.
    No argument in that regard. But his scoring helped the Bucks no? But a decision needed to be made. Knight RFA are you going to pay him even tho he may not be the kind of PG you want? Or get value in return for him. They did. I just dont think MCW is the kind of PG they want as well. Time will tell tho.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    No argument in that regard. But his scoring helped the Bucks no? But a decision needed to be made. Knight RFA are you going to pay him even tho he may not be the kind of PG you want? Or get value in return for him. They did. I just dont think MCW is the kind of PG they want as well. Time will tell tho.
    From the stuff I've read, he's looking to get max-type money and I wouldn't want to pay him that much. He's a combo guard and his scoring helped the team overachieve this year, although he's not a guy who made any of their key players better. His scoring production has been hard to consistently replicate in his absence, though. I never denied how that ability helped the team, but he didn't help his teammates, if that makes sense.

I personally would have taken Ennis, Plumlee, and the future Lakers pick + taken a guy off the scrap heap to get PG minutes. Imo the 76ers got great value for him. I certainly understand why the Bucks wanted MCW- he has the physical tools to play the type of team defense they're constructing and is still cheap for 2 more years. His shooting will need to improve for that roster to work optimally though, even if/when both Giannis & Jabari improve their Js.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    The chart explains Knight's game perfectly. He was a rich man's Jerryd Bayless, who by the way also sucks ass and is killing the team in his own fun little way.

It's not like two of our biggest contributors, OJ and Dudley, have been out or playing hurt. The 2nd biggest strength of our team was our bench, and it's absolute trash right now. That has nothing to do with Knight. Our bench went from guys like Dudley, OJ, Bayless, Marshall, etc lighting it up and routinely adding to leads or cutting deficits...to Tyler Ennis, Henson, Bayless (who again now with Knight gone has taken it upon himself to fill the hero ball role), JOB routinely losing leads or widening deficits. Zaza outside of his last game has been close to done for weeks now.

And it doesnt help that this broken down team has had to play teams like Atlanta, Golden State, San Antonio, Memphis, NOLA with Davis going off for 43/10/6, hot Indy and Utah team, etc.

MCW had a bad game last night but it never ceases to amaze me how people are willing to neglect all context with this stuff.
    I'm with you man, the bench and depth have been ravaged by injuries, and there's not much to fix that if roster spots are all taken up.

I'm not very high on MCW's offensive upside if his shooting is never sorted, but you guys are just breaking down and it's hard to keep the wheels churning with the lack of decent bodies. Fwiw I wasn't super high on Ennis either going into the draft, but Kidd may mold them into good players. I hate to say "next year will probably be better" in like every Bucks-related thread, but it's kinda true haha. A first round pick, hopefully healthy roster, and some key signings should put the Bucks in a good position to land a mid-pack playoff seed. Even with Middleton's cap hold, you have enough space to add some younger bench pieces so you don't have to depend on guys like Illy, Zaza, and Bayless as much.

One thing about MCW that concerns me is he seems to deal with nagging injuries a lot during the year. Maybe this summer he'll be physically right enough to work on his game, as that shoulder surgery prevented him from working much last offseason.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Noel HAS NO SKILLS

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    Noel HAS NO SKILLS
    LOL

Why is there so much hate for MCW?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    Noel HAS NO SKILLS
    Watch a game instead of talking out your ass f*ggot.

Only player top 10 in steals and blocks.

Decent playground baller John Tesh's Avatar

Noel is a beast. He would have done well with or without MCW. I'm thinking a lot of his beast has to do with him adapting.

Banned

Bucks da bess

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Embiid
    Bucks da bess

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

The MCW experiment has turned out awful for the Bucks. Knight was better.

MCW still has time to grow, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    How are you so confident the turnovers will never get better? He's already at 3 a game, as opposed to 4.2 a game with Philly this year. He's not the safest PG in the world but it's not like he's turning it over every other possession. He's also coming back from an injury, playing in a totally new situation and is essentially learning our team on the fly. His efficiency has been way better than his reputation coming in..