Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: Is it a coincidence? (Pau, Odom, Bynum)

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    How dumb and unobjective are you? The presence of Pau, Bynum, Lamar in the frontcourt dictated a lot of how teams played against them. Bynum had limited minutes (~25/pg) in the playoffs and also only average 5 or 6 shots a game. No shit your numbers are going to be dwarfed when you take that many shots a game and yet he still shot 53%+. He was healthy in time for the playoffs in 09/10 thats what mattered.

And even if you think he's "worthless" he was the 4th option on that team anyway. He's better than his stats says he is just like how you do the same with Bosh and the Heat.

And I'm sorry, I don't think I've ever spoken to you before. I tend to ignore/refuse to respond those who throw worthless points at me.
    must be why you ignored my request for you to post Bynums numbers in the post season for those 2 championship runs?

in the 2009 playoffs Bynum played 17 minutes per game and average 6 points and 4 rebounds per game while shooting 46%

in the 2010 playoffs Bynum played 24 minutes per game and averaged 8 points and 7 rebounds per game on 53%

you have no idea what you're talking about, Bynum STARTED and posted 6 & 4 as the STARTING CENTER and they still won a title.

How dumb and unobjective are you? The presence of Pau, Bynum, Lamar in the frontcourt dictated a lot of how teams played against them. Bynum had limited minutes (~25/pg) in the playoffs and also only average 5 or 6 shots a game. No shit your numbers are going to be dwarfed when you take that many shots a game and yet he still shot 53%+. He was healthy in time for the playoffs in 09/10 thats what mattered.

And even if you think he's "worthless" he was the 4th option on that team anyway. He's better than his stats says he is just like how you do the same with Bosh and the Heat.

And I'm sorry, I don't think I've ever spoken to you before. I tend to ignore/refuse to respond those who throw worthless points at me.
    I never said he was worthless but he was less of a a factor in those championship years than Fisher. Fisher had to fight against the top PG's of that era while Bynum was on the bench drinking gatorade. Who the fvck is talking about Pau or Odom. I believe they were great players, Pau still is. but Bynum in the championship yers didn't do sh1t. So stop talking about being objective when your agenda is only one is to prove Kobe is a scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    must be why you ignored my request for you to post Bynums numbers in the post season for those 2 championship runs?

in the 2009 playoffs Bynum played 17 minutes per game and average 6 points and 4 rebounds per game while shooting 46%

in the 2010 playoffs Bynum played 24 minutes per game and averaged 8 points and 7 rebounds per game on 53%

you have no idea what you're talking about, Bynum STARTED and posted 6 & 4 as the STARTING CENTER and they still won a title.
    You're acting as if Andrew Bynum was a liability out there. He didn't score that much simply because he didn't get much shot attempts or that much playing time. He was still better than 90% of the centers in the league.

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    No it doesn't it says Lakers without Kobe won more.

00-03 the Lakers won more with Shaq than without him.

Of course they did, take Kobe and you still have Shaq to pass the ball too. Take Shaq out and you have to depend on Kobe to shoot from the outside, with no defense on the block, due to Shaq leaving. I don't even remember if Shaq had a back up, or if they just played a lot of PF's or something.

05-07 It says that Lamar Odom was more impactful with Odom than with Kobe again based on the W/L.

08-12 It says, again based on the W/L that Kobe didn't have any impact at all. Again take Kobe out and you still had the two towers and maybe Bynum if he wasn't injured. Take Gasol or Odom out (Bynum always was) and you have a hole in the middle, reminiscent of Shaq's days.

That article is bogus and retarded.
    So, article is retarted because it shows that Kobe could not win without Shaq, then later Odom, and then Gasol/Odom/Bynum, and those guys could win with without him

Kobe was better individual player than all of those players except Shaq, but he wasn't most valuable player to his team. It's all about wins, and Kobe couldn't give them wins without any of them, while those guys could without him.

Kobe was never ever the MVP of the Lakers team!!!

Elton Brand must be the goat.

Without him, Jason Hart and Rick Brunson never got an opportunity.

Not to mention Guillermo Diaz, Will Conroy, Mamadou N;Diaye, Boniface N;Dong, Zeljko Rebraca, Doug Overton, Quinton Ross, Josh Moore, Tremaine Fowlkes, Daniel Ewing, Kirk Penny, Lionel Chalmers, Maurice Baker, Will Conroy, Yaroslav Korolev, Paul Davis, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashty
    So, article is retarted because it shows that Kobe could not win without Shaq, then later Odom, and then Gasol/Odom/Bynum, and those guys could win with without him

Kobe was better individual player than all of those players except Shaq, but he wasn't most valuable player to his team. It's all about wins, and Kobe couldn't give them wins without any of them, while those guys could without him.

Kobe was never ever the MVP of the Lakers team!!!
    I am not saying he was the MVP of 00 - 03 Lakers team, not even close, Shaq was that dominant. Heck 10 and 11 could be argued, but that article is talking about bullcrap about when he was on the sidelines and the other players were on the sideline without taking in context the team they were playing against.

Is the same argument Lebron stans said last year when Wade was on the sidelines and they were playing the worst of the east.
    Last edited by Bandito; 05-07-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Both Farmar and Sasha left the NBA because of the lockout... Both played well in backup roles for NJ...Farmar was actually pretty good when he was able to start for the team...

What did Kobe do before Pau , Bynum, and Fish got to LA? Didn't make the playoffs and a couple of first round exits..

WHAT OTHER SUPERSTAR HAS LOST A SERIES AFTER THEY WERE UP 3-1?

HAS ANY TOP 10 PLAYER ALL TIME HAD THAT HAPPEN TO THEM? Just asking
    What other superstar lead his team up 3-1 with Smush Parker and Luke Walton starting?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

I stated his numbers in a previous post, sorry didn't know it had to be official lulz. His numbers obviously aren't great but like I said, he averaged 5 and 6 attempts per game in 09 and 10 in the playoffs while averaging 17 mpg in 09 and 24 mpg in 10. I'm sure if he got more looks, he'd be way more productive as proof shows that in 10-11.

He started games but he never got to finish them that's why his minutes and production are dwarfed and that's totally fair because Odom and Gasol were better anyway.

Last edited by Solefade; 05-07-2013 at 09:50 PM.

I never said he was worthless but he was less of a a factor in those championship years than Fisher. Fisher had to fight against the top PG's of that era while Bynum was on the bench drinking gatorade. Who the fvck is talking about Pau or Odom. I believe they were great players, Pau still is. but Bynum in the championship yers didn't do sh1t. So stop talking about being objective when your agenda is only one is to prove Kobe is a scrub.

I'm not out here to prove that Kobe is a scrub retard. I'm out here to show why you Laker fans shouldn't be discrediting his teammates in those championship years and my main argument was for Pau not Bynum. Madsen was the one that initially brought up Bynum. Learn to read previous post before you come out here with your guns blazing, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    What other superstar lead his team up 3-1 with Smush Parker and Luke Walton starting?
    Don't forget 19 year old Bynum...

I'm not out here to prove that Kobe is a scrub retard. I'm out here to show why you Laker fans shouldn't be discrediting his teammates in those championship years and my main argument was for Pau not Bynum. Madsen was the one that initially brought up Bynum. Learn to read previous post before you come out here with your guns blazing, son.
    It seems I was right and broke a nerve since you started insulting bro.

I wasn't talking about his teammates, I was talking about Bynum specifically. I don't even talk about no one else in my posts except him, because he was the only one, that due to injuries was limited in games. If you watch the games you would see that he was slower than in 10-11 and the reason Phil took him out. Heck Phil even talk publicly about him once if I remember correctly. If you think Kobe stole his shot attempts I would recommend you to leave ISH please.

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

I am not saying he was the MVP of 00 - 03 Lakers team, not even close, Shaq was that dominant. Heck 10 and 11 could be argued, but that article is talking about bullcrap about when he was on the sidelines and the other players were on the sideline without taking in context the team they were playing against.

Is the same argument Lebron stans said last year when Wade was on the sidelines and they were playing the worst of the east.
    Yes, it has it's flaws, but any of the all time greats have positive impact on his teams wins-losses when he's playing, and Bryant is the only one that has absolute zero impact, even worse, the team sometimes plays better without him.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Pau was considered the best big man in the game the year they won their chip in 2009 and 2010. Lamar was 6th man of the year before he got traded and Bynum was considered the 2nd best big man in the league before he got shipped off to Philly.
    What kind of shit is this?

Haters better quit this thread before they get called out for some of the stupidities said in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashty
    Yes, it has it's flaws, but any of the all time greats have positive impact on his teams wins-losses when he's playing, and Bryant is the only one that has absolute zero impact, even worse, the team sometimes plays better without him.
    Like this year when people were saying that for the last three games when he was out and then ball movement could not save Dwight and the Lakers against the mightiness of the Spurs.RIIIIIIIIIIGGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    What kind of shit is this?

Haters better quit this thread before they get called out for some of the stupidities said in here.
    I'm staying out of this argument but in 2009/2010 who was a better big man than Pau and why?