Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: Lebron is still super fast

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    He came into the league at 240 lbs....
    And he probably weighs like 260 now, max. But I've heard people call him 275, etc. It's absurd. He doesn't weigh THAT much.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    It is ... and that explosion is ridiculous. There is a point in all his free-throw line dunks, where it seems like in mid-air he jumps AGAIN yet his feet never touch the ground for propulsion. Like he just keeps elevating and elevating. But to be honest, he's not an in game dunker. He's a dunk contest guy.

When I played for DePaul on the practice squad, they used to get us seats right behind the bench. My freshman year we were still in the same conference as Cincinnati. So I got to see this guy from floor level in warm ups doing dunks. And my god, it's un-real. Then as the game started my thoughts shifted to how terrible of a basketball player he was, even though he's an insane athlete.
    Nice man. You def got more game than me.

You know what's funny? Once White annihilates this years contest, teams are gonna be throwing themselves at him. No game? Broke fundamentals? Who gives a shit. He can dunk the basketball!

iirc, NY only signed him for this year. I could see that moron Jim Buss giving him a multiyear deal.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

only problem is that wasn't his real weight. Look at guys like Melo 230lbs, Ibaka 235, Blake Griffin 250lbs, and Josh Smith 225lbs. Now tell me James weight 265lbs. The NBA lies about height and weight like WWE. They want them to be bigger then life to the average person.
    Last edited by NattyPButter; 02-03-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    only problem was that wasn't his real weight.
    I see so your eyes can determine the weight of a player? Cav fans delusional as always

Samurai Swoosh

only problem is that wasn't his real weight. Look at guys like Melo 230lbs, Ibaka 235, Blake Griffin 250lbs, and Josh Smith 225lbs. Now tell me James weight 265lbs. The NBA lies about height and weight like WWE. They want them to be bigger then life to the average person.
    True. I met Iverson when I had season tickets to the Pistons. Heights claimed he was what? 6'? I met him and he was my height, exactly, only with MUCH longer arms. My pops, who is 6'3 was a solid half a head taller than him.

NBA players in person are very tall, yes, but they are more long than anything else. Long skinny legs, extremely long arms. They aren't very stocky. Ironically why I hate the NBA 2k player models, and prefer the Live player models.

Any NBA cat you see on tv, and they look bulky, subtract 10 pounds. TV adds 10 pounds, which is very visible flesh. In person they are much more sleek and streamlined.

And he probably weighs like 260 now, max. But I've heard people call him 275, etc. It's absurd. He doesn't weigh THAT much.
    You're right, 275 is absurd.

True. I met Iverson when I had season tickets to the Pistons. Heights claimed he was what? 6'? I met him and he was my height, exactly, only with MUCH longer arms. My pops, who is 6'3 was a solid half a head taller than him.

NBA players in person are very tall, yes, but they are more long than anything else. Long skinny legs, extremely long arms. They aren't very stocky. Ironically why I hate the NBA 2k player models, and prefer the Live player models.

Any NBA cat you see on tv, and they look bulky, subtract 10 pounds. TV adds 10 pounds, which is very visible flesh. In person they are much more sleek and streamlined.
    When MJ played baseball you could see how lean NBA players are compared to baseball players. He didn't look right.

His speed never took a drop off, we were worried about his quickness and first step.
    Yeah. It was never about full-court speed, it was more about the fact that he seemed to lose the ability to blow by his man with ease going 1on1. I actually agree with that, young bron had a better first step for sure. It isnt too much of a stretch to say that his increased bulk is slowing down his first step.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

what's with these retarded over the top numbers that Lebron weighs? He's more like 250lbs if even that.

Lebron himself said he is 260+ in an interview with magic

Back in cavs days before shaq came.Delonte west in an interview when asked who is the heaviest guy he said lebron.Big Z weighed around 260-265lbs back then.

In a miami report during camp they said he weighed 266lbs and was in excellent shape.

Most people who have seen him live says he is much bigger then they thought.

Lebron is mostly being compared to howard.Their upper body arent that far off.

He is most definitely 260+.I dont know how much exactly but every single detail points to him being 260lbs+.

If you still dont believe it.Thats your idiocy.Nothing more.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Yeah. It was never about full-court speed, it was more about the fact that he seemed to lose the ability to blow by his man with ease going 1on1. I actually agree with that, young bron had a better first step for sure. It isnt too much of a stretch to say that his increased bulk is slowing down his first step.
    Absolutely not, bro. In fact, if I was his trainer, I'd ask him to cut his weight down to what he looked like at in 2006 or 2007. It helps the aging process. It would allow him to play his perimeter game at a high level, without excessive need for picks, and he could still play his post game. All that weight he has now, while cutting and trying to change directions as basically a power forward sized POINT GUARD, that takes its toll on your ligaments, knees, and ankles.

MJ lost weight to fight age, Kobe has lost weight to fight age. Bron needs to do the same thing. Unless to extend his career he fully plans to morph into Karl Malone, but a superior passing, athletic version. He's got a long career ahead of him, but I like him playing PG, so I'd advise him if I knew him to cut his weight down to what he was in the 2006 or 2007 seasons.

But ... that Miami club life be killing that weight loss with all the drinking. It's hard to compete with club LIV packed to the brim with fine, smoking, exotic, latina snatch.

my life ... these guys have it made.

Absolutely not, bro. In fact, if I was his trainer, I'd ask him to cut his weight down to what he looked like at in 2006 or 2007. It helps the aging process. It would allow him to play his perimeter game at a high level, without excessive need for picks, and he could still play his post game. All that weight he has now, while cutting and trying to change directions as basically a power forward sized POINT GUARD, that takes its toll on your ligaments, knees, and ankles.

MJ lost weight to fight age, Kobe has lost weight to fight age. Bron needs to do the same thing. Unless to extend his career he fully plans to morph into Karl Malone, but a superior passing, athletic version. He's got a long career ahead of him, but I like him playing PG, so I'd advise him if I knew him to cut his weight down to what he was in the 2006 or 2007 seasons.

But ... that Miami club life be killing that weight loss with all the drinking. It's hard to compete with club LIV packed to the brim with fine, smoking, exotic, latina snatch.

my life ... these guys have it made.
    Lmao true. His perimeter game is going to fall off three years from now if he doesnt lose weight but for some reason I dont think he will go that route and will instead continue what he has been doing the past few seasons learning the inside out game and working on his postscoring.

It sucks that we probably wont be seeing the hyperathletic pointguard lebron covering the whole court but I think in a few years he will be a very different yet equally effective player. I can see 32-33 year old lebron being a defensive force with a well developed postgame. Since duncan is a centre bron will have a chance to be goat at two positions. KG, malone, barkley, dirk - bron has enough time to surpass them all since he already won a chip playing powerforward

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Lmao true. His perimeter game is going to fall off three years from now if he doesnt lose weight but for some reason I dont think he will go that route and will instead continue what he has been doing the past few seasons learning the inside out game and working on his postscoring.

It sucks that we probably wont be seeing the hyperathletic pointguard lebron covering the whole court but I think in a few years he will be a very different yet equally effective player. I can see 32-33 year old lebron being a defensive force with a well developed postgame. Since duncan is a centre bron will have a chance to be goat at two positions. KG, malone, barkley, dirk - bron has enough time to surpass them all since he already won a chip playing powerforward
    Chea, if he doesn't lose weight and continue to the perimeter game. He will probably evolve into a elbow extended PF, akin to Karl Malone, with superior passing ability, and off the dribble capabilities. Him training with Hakeem was him already acknowledging he will need to evolve with age. That's why in 2014 he needs to head back to Cleveland and try and win a ring with Kyrie Irving.

Cool, another debate about LeBron's weight.

Samurai Swoosh

When MJ played baseball you could see how lean NBA players are compared to baseball players. He didn't look right.
    Absolutely. So lanky, so lean. Their legs, and arms are just so long.

I rule the local playground daballa13's Avatar

Yeah like how Austin Rivers skinny ****in ass came into the league at 200 lbs, get the **** out of here. LeBron is 250 at most he isn't that big, he has big shoulders that give the illusion that he's this monstrous guy.