NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default Do Latinos recognize the connection? Illegals/Supply & Demand/Lower Wages?

Less people competing for jobs obviously leads to higher wages employers need to pay to get qualified people who want to work. Common sense right? We already have advanced robotics replacing lots of labor jobs, why would anyone want to bring in more competition?

Other than farm labor, most non-educated Americans would be happy to do labor intensive jobs if the pay was higher. So why would would anyone with a family to feed and bills to pay willingly support more people coming in and keeping wages down? National Pride? Inherent hostility towards authority? Drinking the Kool-Aid from politicians who take for granted that you will remain on their plantation? What is more important than your immediate family and taking care of them?

I have talked to lots of Latinos who are like eff the mojados, I can't even slip up or ask for higher wages because there is a mojado right behind me willing to take my job. In fact I was talking to this one permanent resident a couple of days ago. He was dressed nicely in jeans and a nice shirt, well groomed. He was operating a newer million dollar harvester. I asked him how much he got paid. He said minimum wage. I was in disbelief, he shrugged his shoulders and said at least it's air conditioned inside. I asked why he didn't ask for a raise. He turned around and pointed to some of the workers on the field, he said, you see these culeros, they all want my job, and their position is easily replaced too.

And Mexican-Americans, why do you continue to support illegal immigration prevention and deportation? Like 70% of the Latinos coming into this country aren't even Mexican anymore. Mexicans are taller, more intelligent, better looking. Most of these new illegals are short, squat jungle indian stock from central america. AND Latino men, why would you be against anything that helps slow the tide of illegal immigration? Most illegals coming across are men. Why would you want more swinging [COLOR="Black"]*****[/COLOR] strolling across competing for your wonen?

I am thoroughly confused why so many Latinos continue to support things that are detrimental to themselves and to their family. Please explain.

Banned

Default Re: Do Latinos recognize the connection? Illegals/Supply & Demand/Lower Wages?

ILLEGALS? THEY ARE CALLED UNDOCUMENTED MIGRANTS, YOU RACIST ISLAMOPHOBE CISGENDERED WHITE MALE.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Default Re: Do Latinos recognize the connection? Illegals/Supply & Demand/Lower Wages?

More people doesn't automatically mean more people competing for jobs.

More people means more people that need jobs, but also, some of those people will start businesses and create more jobs. The problem with illegals is that they don't start businesses. They don't create any jobs. All they do is grow the number of people who need jobs while the number of job creators stays the same. This is why wages are depressed and the job creators get richer while the workers get poorer. That's why big business likes illegal immigration. More cheap workers, but no added competition to themselves from new businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    More people doesn't automatically mean more people competing for jobs.

More people means more people that need jobs, but also, some of those people will start businesses and create more jobs. The problem with illegals is that they don't start businesses. They don't create any jobs. All they do is grow the number of people who need jobs while the number of job creators stays the same. This is why wages are depressed and the job creators get richer while the workers get poorer. That's why big business likes illegal immigration. More cheap workers, but no added competition to themselves from new businesses.

The conversation is about illegals and the effect on the US unskilled labor market. You are right, immigrants with resources, skill and education, are in a position to become job creators, but that's a topic for another day.

Banned

Banned

Ask the Shookocrats

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    The crux of his opinion piece argument against, as he described, "conventional wisdom"

Why? The law of comparative advantage says we get more productive when we have more trading partners, and the arrival of undocumented workers with limited English skills frees up low-skill American workers who can then specialize in tasks that require better English.
    If that's the case infation-adjusted wages should be going up, oh wait... Besides, we already have advanced robotics and more efficient labor practices filling this need, something he doesn't even mention in his opinion piece. Combine these 2 things along with illegal immigration, and you get a corporate employer's wet dream. You must be a big fan of the 1% getting richer.