Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Knicks Have To Deal Gallinari To Acquire Carmelo

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    That makes 0 sense. Espescially considering Nelson already is an established player, unlike a prospect. What value does Nelson hold when hes not put in a position to show his value?

Having 3 PG's is overkill. Lawson & Billups are enough considering Lawson is good enough to start on several NBA teams.
    You don't get what value there is in a 28 year-old one-time All-Star PG? And do you think no GM saw him average 19 points in the playoffs? Really?

The team would not be getting him to play him, they are getting him as an asset. A good prime pg that would be just one part of a larger package would be much better returns for Anthony than losing him as a free agent for nothing. Are you understanding me now?

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You don't get what value there is in a 28 year-old one-time All-Star PG? And do you think no GM saw him average 19 points in the playoffs? Really?

The team would not be getting him to play him, they are getting him as an asset. A good prime pg that would be just one part of a larger package would be much better returns for Anthony than losing him as a free agent for nothing. Are you understanding me now?
    I get that he's an asset but where is he going to get playing time? They're not going to impede the development of Lawson and Billups is the hometown guy.

Sorry this isn't NBA2K10.

You're talking about scenarios, without pointing out scenarios that you're predicting will happen. What larger package would Jameer Nelson potentially be in this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    I get that he's an asset but where is he going to get playing time? They're not going to impede the development of Lawson and Billups is the hometown guy.
    It's not about playing at all. It's not about wins, losses, development, etc. It's this simple: Without Anthony, everything they've built their team for since he was drafted goes for naught. They would have to rebuild, and so are just stockpiling as much talent as possible. There is no rule against trading Nelson, Billups, or Lawson later on down the road. Wait for some team with someone(s) or pick(s) they want to get desperate and then offer them a pg or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Sorry this isn't NBA2K10.

You're talking about scenarios, without pointing out scenarios that you're predicting will happen. What larger package would Jameer Nelson potentially be in this summer?
    Am I a GM? Don't ask pointless questions, please.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

It's not about playing at all. It's not about wins, losses, development, etc. It's this simple: Without Anthony, everything they've built their team for since he was drafted goes for naught. They would have to rebuild, and so are just stockpiling as much talent as possible. There is no rule against trading Nelson, Billups, or Lawson later on down the road. Wait for some team with someone(s) or pick(s) they want to get desperate and then offer them a pg or two.
    Unless they have a trade in place as soon as they get Nelson, I just don't see why they do it.

Am I a GM? Don't ask pointless questions, please.
    Well it would be pretty pointless to acquire Nelson with no game plan. Just hold onto him until someone bites? You have no leverage that way. Teams would know they are looking to deal him, so they are not going to offer a lot. If that is all the Magic can offer, then its a pretty lousy deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Well it would be pretty pointless to acquire Nelson with no game plan. Just hold onto him until someone bites? You have no leverage that way. Teams would know they are looking to deal him, so they are not going to offer a lot. If that is all the Magic can offer, then its a pretty lousy deal.
    It beats losing Anthony for nothing. Most playoff teams would hand you at least a late first for Nelson.

It beats losing Anthony for nothing. Most playoff teams would hand you at least a late first for Nelson.
    I would rather play him out the season, and hope for a s&t possibility in the off season instead of that deal.

NBA rookie of the year

I hope the Knicks don't hit the panic button just yet. Gallo's going to be good. Having him and Melo on the same team would be sick.