Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

Default Re: Collection of Kobe Bryant Work out stories from NBA peers...

Quote Originally Posted by OnceInADECADE
    If I were in the NBA i would work my butt off everyday REAL TALKS BRO!!
    Yahh, you needa tell your boy "Supercoolbeas" that

one of the best of all time.

Saw a basketball once redridinghood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashDwyaneWade3
    Fixed.
    ROFL LMAO LOLZ

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    If they had the same work ethic, then they won't be scrubs...
    Everything Kobe has, he learned from MJ and other great basketball players.
    His practice brought him to perfection.
    Your logic fails, the basic principle is practice = perfect.
    If practice still equals scrubs then what is the point of practicing?

It's relative. If 2 people practice the same amount it doesn't mean they will develop the same skill level. Basketball has a lot to do with talent, and Kobe was born more talented than 99% of players to have ever played in the NBA. P

Props to Kobe though; if you don't respect this mans work ethic and determination you aren't a fan of basketball.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial Black"]BEST KOBE WORKOUT STORY[/FONT] [/COLOR]

Why Kobe Bryant inspires me...
    By John Celestand

Nov. 10, 2005

In the fall of 1996, my roommate at Villanova, Howard Brown, and I shared a laugh. A skinny bald-headed high school kid, who was a star at the school around the corner, sat in our locker room and told us he probably wouldn

5rings
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

It comes as no surprise that the best player in the game and top 5 player of all time, has a work ethic like that.

shhhhhhh

there are people in sports that despite crazy natural born athletic ability that are just hard wired differently then the rest of the mortals on earth and that difference is what takes them to such crazy heights..

blend one part great natural athletic ability with passion for the sport
    stir in one part of commitment to be better than anyone else
    simmer with the heat of blind obsession
    top with 2 parts of rip your heart out or die trying

and there you have a recipe for an elite superstar

if anyone knows or has heard of eddy lawson i have a great eddy lawson story if ya'll care to hear, kinda longish...lol

I rule the local playground Ronaldinho's Avatar

[QUOTE=devin112][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial Black"]BEST KOBE WORKOUT STORY[/FONT] [/COLOR]

Why Kobe Bryant inspires me...
    By John Celestand

Nov. 10, 2005

In the fall of 1996, my roommate at Villanova, Howard Brown, and I shared a laugh. A skinny bald-headed high school kid, who was a star at the school around the corner, sat in our locker room and told us he probably wouldn

Stay Strong Droth

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    if anyone knows or has heard of eddy lawson i have a great eddy lawson story if ya'll care to hear, kinda longish...lol
    I never heard of him, but I school me teach...

I think Kobe is a bball monster, he just has this internal drive only a small percentage of people have in the world. Cocky yes, but to be great, you have to have that confidence in yourself. He believes in himself when others don't.

Great story by John Celestand above too.

Any one know about the Brian Shaw story when he was ballin against Jordan and running his mouth? That story made me flip out, greatness personified

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by praneel

I think Kobe is a bball monster, he just has this internal drive only a small percentage of people have in the world. Cocky yes, but to be great, you have to have that confidence in yourself. He believes in himself when others don't.

Any one know about the Brian Shaw story when he was ballin against Jordan and running his mouth? That story made me flip out, greatness personified
    eddie lawson is a 4 time world championship Grand Prix motorcycle rider... when he retired from bikes he went auto racing in indy lights and eventually indy cars then he retired from all forms of professional racing

flash forward 8 years or so and he's racing 125cc and 250cc shifter karts for fun... i had developed some carbon pieces for a couple of his karts and decided to go out and watch him race one weekend when he invited me along..

so he has a new chassis it's real garbage, nothing works well but lawson is so dam good at driving he's got the thing running up front with all the factory race karts, just about anyone else would be struggling just to make the main event, lawson has the kart off pole for the final race

the race starts he jumps into the lead but a kid is all over him, they are having a great battle, the kid has skill and great equipment, lawson has crap equipment and talent oozing out of every pore but more importantly he hates to lose, just hates it...

so the race ends, the kid pulls off a great pass in the finals laps and lawson cannot stand it.

the karts are sent to post race impound and we're hanging out and the kid is excited, he won and he had to beat one of the greatest racers ever to do it!

he comes over all bubbly and jacked up on pride and thanks eddy for the great race and wants to shake hands and lawson looks at him and says "yeah you're a regular fu*king aryton senna" and turns his back on the guy...
    the kids heart breaks right there, then tempers flare between a couple of crew members from each driver and it's almost becomes a brawl...lol

my first reaction was geez eddie give the kid a break but when i thought about it more i realized this is the same fire still burning in a meaningless kart race that burned when he was taking the best of the best in the world apart while winning his mulitple GP titles over the years...

just wired different then the rest of us in that way

Stay Strong Droth

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    just wired different then the rest of us in that way

Oh man, that dude was a douche. But that competitive spirit can take over and make lots of us act differently than in normal context.

Thanks for the info

Dunking on everybody in the park bl2k8's Avatar

never heard of it, lol it was probably when mike was on the wiz tho, I'd be surprised if 19 year old kobe would do that to his idol

Made that high school varsity squad

could imagine if kobe had lebron physical gifts
    Last edited by EllisGW; 08-06-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Go Spurs Go

Isiah Thomas -- "I used to think James Brown was the hardest working man in showbusiness.. I can now safely say its Kobe Bryant"

Larry Bird --- "Ive never seen anyone work as hard as Kobe, and that includes myself"

Michael Jordan -- "When Kobe was a freshman in HS, I flew him out to Chicago for a personal workout, because I'd read alot of great things about this kid, but I wasnt so sure.. so anyways, this punk kid ends up beating me in HORSE and about 5 or 6 games of 1on1. I couldnt believe it. I told him, someday, you'll be the greatest. I was right"

Bill Russell --- "If Kobe played with me under Red, we'd have won 20 straight."

please share.