Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Do you agree with this NBA Top 15 All-Time?

Quote Originally Posted by the_chosen_1
    I may be the minority, but I watched most of these players from the 80's up ( I am 30) and Magic is not top ten. he was never the best player on his team.
    If we polled Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vemont, Rhode Island, and Connecticut, about 95% of respondents would agree that Magic is top 10... And this is New England...

Yes, you're in the minority... Heck, you'd be in the minority even if your were in the heart of South Boston or Charlestown... SMH...

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    LMAO... I won't say a word, You be the Judge.
    I personally don't agree with it. Its a bit of a mockery. LOl @ Moses,Shaq,Duncan and Hakeem being over Kobe. Especially Moses, that one just makes no sense at all.
    But i will highlight a few names that are off.
    Still waiting for your list troll?

Not airballing my layups anymore Wukillabeez78's Avatar

I may be the minority, but I watched most of these players from the 80's up ( I am 30) and Magic is not top ten. he was never the best player on his team.
    I watched all of these players during the same time period and Magic is definitely top 10. Everything revolved around him and he controlled the flow of the games. He made everyone around him better. How many times did Kareem win before Magic arrived? Only once and that title was won playing with Oscar Robertson. Kareem was able to win when he was old and past his physical prime because of Magic's presence and leadership. Magic is > than Kareem. Magic made stars out of other good players like James Worthy, Byron Scott, etc... He would deliver these guys the ball perfectly so they could score. Magic's only flaws were not being a great individual defender and lack of consistence range on this jumpshot. He's still top 10 for sure though because his talent for controlling games (as a point guard) and his ability to make his teammates better are virtually unparalled.

FCN
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Kobe is NOT top ten all-time.

3-time NBA All-Star

Let's see here...Magic and Kareem joined forces in the 1979-80 season. By their THIRD season, Magic was garnering more MVP votes, and he would continue to do so until Kareem retired (and Magic even won another MVP AFTER Kareem retired BTW.) So, that is EIGHT seasons, out of TEN, in which most everyone ranked Magic AHEAD of Kareem.

BTW, what was LA's record BEFORE Magic? I'll refresh your memory...it was 47-35 (and the year before that it was 45-37.) He not only immediately led the Lakers to a 60-22 record, he won the Finals MVP, with a clinching game six performance (sans Kareem BTW), that has widely been regarded as one of the greatest performances in Finals HISTORY. During Magic's 12 years, the Lakers AVERAGED 59 wins per SEASON. They went to NINE Finals, and won FIVE titles.

And, once again, BTW, the year after Kareem retired (in a series in which the Lakers were swept in the Finals, mainly due to Magic's ABSENCE), LA IMPROVED from a 57-25 record to 63-19. And, a year later Magic carried that team to ANOTHER Finals.

Furthermore, AFTER Magic retired, the Lakers dropped back to about what they were BEFORE his rookie year, at 43-39.

So, it that is being over-rated...you are completely right.

I personally don't agree with it. Its a bit of a mockery. LOl @ Moses,Shaq,Duncan and Hakeem being over Kobe. Especially Moses, that one just makes no sense at all.
    LMAO quit acting like a guru, go find a list on the internet and post it, because I'm sure a moron like yourself would post a list like this,

Kobe
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Jordan
    Magic

also thanks for leaving this out when I posted it at you

I don't even know why I respond to you, but here you go, I'm sure by the end of his career I will have Kobe in my top 10, but his career is not finished as of yet. His NBA finals performances is why he is not in my top 10 yet

you can laugh at Oscar all you want, fact is his career scoring avg same as your hero's, yet he did it at a more consistent basis, his assists...enough said. His impact on the game far greater than Kobe's, his win shares greater than Kobe's and Russells, Oscar was the shit, he is far to underrated
    Last edited by Calabis; 07-31-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FCN
    Kobe is NOT top ten all-time.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    this?

lebron at 19.

NBA rookie of the year

lol @ thinking that Kobe is over Shaq and Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    LMAO quit acting like a guru, go find a list on the internet and post it, because I'm sure a moron like yourself would post a list like this,

Kobe
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Jordan
    Magic

also thanks for leaving this out when I posted it at you

I don't even know why I respond to you, but here you go, I'm sure by the end of his career I will have Kobe in my top 10, but his career is not finished as of yet. His NBA finals performances is why he is not in my top 10 yet

you can laugh at Oscar all you want, fact is his career scoring avg same as your hero's, yet he did it at a more consistent basis, his assists...enough said. His impact on the game far greater than Kobe's, his win shares greater than Kobe's and Russells, Oscar was the shit, he is far to underrated
    Sorry i was away from the computer because i have a life, job, family and girlfriend.

Anyways, Your right. Kobe is not top ten of all time. He is top 17 according to bruce and Lebron is top 19. Now you happy?

Here is my list. Top 10 All-Time:

1. MJ
    2. Wilt
    3. Kareem
    4. Russel
    5. Magic
    6. Hakeem
    7. Bird
    8. Kobe
    9. Shaq
    10. Duncan
    Last edited by Bladers; 08-01-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

LOL at you thinking Duncan over Kobe is ridiculous. It can go both ways and can be argued both ways.

Very good NBA starter

lol @ people continuing to put Bird ahead of Shaq and Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    lol @ people continuing to put Bird ahead of Shaq and Duncan.
    Tell me why not?

Banned

To have Bird ahead of Kobe is comical. Comedy gold.

I have Kobe ahead of Bird and if Bird is ranked so high than Kobe is easily cracks the top 4.

Kobe is Tier 1.

Banned

Sorry i was away from the computer because i have a life, job, family and girlfriend.

Anyways, Your right. Kobe is not top ten of all time. He is top 17 according to bruce and Lebron is top 19. Now you happy?

Here is my list. Top 10 All-Time:

1. MJ
    2. Wilt
    3. Kareem
    4. Russel
    5. Magic
    6. Hakeem
    7. Bird
    8. Kobe
    9. Shaq
    10. Duncan
    As much as I love Hakeem, it's a joke for him to crack the top 10.