Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Why is A 31 year old Kobe Bryant Underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Because he was hurt last year.

If he gets healthy, I expect him to win his second MVP next year. Lebron and Wade are now out of the running for it. If Kobe can lead the Lakers to a strong record with good stats, he can easily win.

<-Kobe Hater
    Very true ... everyone forgets how DOMINANT and EFFECIENTLY DOMINANT he was before his finger / knee injuries this year.

Now would be Kobe's best chance (if he can fend off a young Durant) to get another MVP trophy.

I mean besides the fact he already should have arguable 3 or 4. 2006, 2007, and 2008 for sure ... 2003 debateable but certainly valid.

I rule the local playground Ronaldinho's Avatar

A guy who has great stats.He went to the finals every time that had a good team.Except one or two times.Being part of a team or being the leader.A guy who has 5 rings and dominate almost every aspect of the game.Is somehow underrated.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

i remember when they gave kobe the green light and he averaged nearly 50 for several weeks straight

Banned

lmfao Kobe is clearly overrated big time cuz of this junk n what other kobe stans say bout him.

dude is just chucking out there i'm sorry hate me all u want but i see a big drop off this year 4 kobe.

btw why do u chuck when u have a good team? who is he trying impress out there, why chuck.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore gutterballer733's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnceInADECADE

btw why do u chuck when u have a good team? who is he trying impress out there, why chuck.
    Ron Artest "chucks", Kobe does not chuck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    i remember when they gave kobe the green light and he averaged nearly 50 for several weeks straight
    yea that was good, but he is cleary a ball hog

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    I haven't seen someone so underrated when they reached 30 like Kobe Bryant has. Everyone is talking about how he is declining and loosing a step. People on ISH are actually saying he would average 25 or 26 ppg. Charles Barkley was on TNT saying Kobe can't score 30 anymore.

It is ridiculous the amount of undervaluation Kobe receives when he is still performing at top form. People don't appreciate what he does, It's like toss him in the trashcan he is old.

Who else in the league is 31 years old and still scoring 27ppg, 5 rebs, 5 ast?
    No one, not even the players that he was compared to. Not even the Notable D-wade who apparently is better than Kobe, which in itself is blasphemy.

Here are some of the players he was compared to early in his career. This is what they are doing now.

Tracy Mcgrady, 9 ppg in the last three years..
    Vince Carter, 16.6 ppg.
    Allen Iverson 13ppg.

But Kobe is still playing ball, avging 29ppg in the playoffs, 36 ppg in the Jazz/Suns series and yet people are saying kobe is decling. He is not, he is still a contender for the MVP and scoring champion and could easily put up 30 ppg next season if gets healthy during this summer.

But yes, Kobe is getting old, Yes he is not as fast, as explosive.
    But Kobe is still Kobe, just because he doesn't have that explosive impact anymore, doesn't mean he doesn't have an impact. I mean the man is 31 and still outscores d-wade.

You are very, very obsessed with a guy you've never met who happens to play basketball. The way you obsess over him on a message board is like he's your brother you grew up with and he needs your help making a plea for innocence.

Seriously, what is with your stalkerish kobe bryant fixation? Why have you honed in on one person you have absolutely no connection to, and decided to permanently glue your jaws to his balls?

Explain immediately.
    Last edited by Tito Beasley; 07-14-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Banned

The fact that he is still averaging 27+ with Pau Gasol and his crew speaks alot of Volume.

No it means he shoots volume. Even when his shot isn't falling and it's at the OBVIOUS expense of his team, he does not care. He hogs the ball and chucks anyway. Kobe is about only Kobe, and he only does the minimum amount of passing necessary to not get absolutely hammered by the media. Even then, his own teammates and coaches have said he tries way too hard to hog the ball and be the hero. He's not a team player. He's a selfish player who is lucky to play for such a strong franchise that has surrounded him with so much talent.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Beasley
    No it means he shoots volume. Even when his shot isn't falling and it's at the OBVIOUS expense of his team, he does not care. He hogs the ball and chucks anyway. Kobe is about only Kobe, and he only does the minimum amount of passing necessary to not get absolutely hammered by the media. Even then, his own teammates and coaches have said he tries way too hard to hog the ball and be the hero. He's not a team player. He's a selfish player who is lucky to play for such a strong franchise that has surrounded him with so much talent.
    hey he still happened to win so...

He is three years older so what? Its the mileage on the leg that matters in the nba not just the date you were born. If you bought a car 3 years before mine and we had the same mileage.
    It would basically be in the same quality, cause its the mileage that matters.

even at 06-07 he was averaging 24 ppg. 3 years ago. still way lower than Kobe

seriously, a car?...really?

mileage of a player is so damn over extenuated on this board its rediculous, its got to the point now that kids like you think that age is not a factor at all....oh wait maybe you are just another kobe fan i.e lets just ignore all sane and rational reasoning to try and make kobe look better....gotcha.

I rule the local playground Ronaldinho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Beasley
    This is underrate.You say like he shoots 20% and does 0 assists per game.

ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Kobe is very old in terms of basketball years. The guy has been playing for 14 year now. It would be crazy to say that he isn't entering the twilight of his career.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Oh Bladers you give us Kobe fans a bad name with your pure idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by nosurrender
    ur really really really retarded
    He's not retarded, the aging process starts when a person makes it to the NBA, not before.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    He's not retarded, the aging process starts when a person makes it to the NBA, not before.

So you think a 40 year old man who hasn't been playing hard nba seasons for the last 20 years can go out and be as athletic as he was when he was 20 years old? he can jump as high, run as fast, move as quick? You're saying humans don't age if they're not playing NBA basketball?

no, the guy was right. the OP, and you, are really, really, really retarded.