Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's the prime of a man's life?

This is a question that probably the more mature folks here could answer.

mid 20's? 30's?

Banned

Default Re: What's the prime of a man's life?

18-25 in my opinion. After that you should be getting married, starting a family and starting to settle down

Local High School Star Geandily's Avatar

In terms of what?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Geandily
    In terms of what?
    The question was posed on ISH, so my guess it's all about your prime for bangin the most chicks, gettin the most drugs, and drinking the most beers and partying

right?

Or was it a serious question about the prime of a man's life? In that case, ask people you'd trust with your closest secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Geandily
    In terms of what?
    Financially, romantically, and overall achieving most of the goals set up for oneself as a young man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirGauge23
    Financially, romantically, and overall achieving most of the goals set up for oneself as a young man.
    That could be any age. I forget what movie this was from but it was said "You spend the first 30 years of your life figuring out what you want, you spend the next 30 years of your life working hard to get it, you spend the last 30 years of your life enjoying what you worked so hard for".

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan82
    The question was posed on ISH, so my guess it's all about your prime for bangin the most chicks, gettin the most drugs, and drinking the most beers and partying
    More dependent on your wallet size.

I'm 30 and feel my prime is right about now. 30 isn't young, but certainly isn't old either. Most at that age are financially set, still look half way decent, and women are looking to settle down.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

physically and mentally i think its about 25-28. once you hit 30 your brain slows down and your body slows down replacing cells.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    physically and mentally i think its about 25-28. once you hit 30 your brain slows down and your body slows down replacing cells.
    Wherever you just pulled that out from, I hope it's right, coz then my prime is yet to come

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Junny
    Wherever you just pulled that out from, I hope it's right, coz then my prime is yet to come
    its right, although the younger you are the faster you can recover from damage and injury. although i don't know at what age that factor is at its best.

Dunking on everybody in the park

It depends on the individual and the society in which he lives. And even then, it's a wash. Try sexually. Sex drive is at its greatest probably 16-20. But typically guys last longer in their 30s. So which is the "prime?" Pretty much depends on, a, if the kid is getting any, and b, if you're asking the girl or the guy.

But back to the relativity thing, it basically depends on the culture. Eastern cultures tend to put a premium on old age. In the west there is a lot of indifference and also disdain for it. I guess partly because everyone lives that long here so we take it for granted. But whereas wisdom is valued elsewhere, here we value innovation and risky behavior and arrogance and prodigy and of course the physical aspects of youth/immaturity. Consider this- have you watched network or cable tv recently? Who are the stars? Neither sages nor heroes. it's a bunch of brilliant, young smart-alecks who run circles around everyone else with their wit and derision. Alan Shore, Gregory House, Dr. Cox, the list goes on, and then of course Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, etc.

The average male start shrinking at the age 30. Physically you are in your prime in terms of growth, etc. Though ask any older man and they will tell you they felt the strongest in their life when they were around 35-40 years old. A lot has to do with experience, rather then brute strength. That is why you'll find a lot of 25-28 year old who hit the gym everyday, aren't nearly as strong as the average 33-38 year old man, who have plenty of experience.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

whats interesting is that i believe long distance runners seem to be in their "prime" in their 30's as i understand it... so i guess it can just depend.

In It to Win It

Physically, a man makes the most testosterone on average at around age 24. I would probably say that's the prime physically.

Economically, a man's prime is way past that age, around middle age (40's).

Overall, I would say mid 30's.