Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart 8

Default Re: Mario Kart 8

If really want a Nintendo console. Are they making a new console anytime soon?

Wow they don't even have Mario party or super smash out for wii u? Wtf why

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Wow they don't even have Mario party or super smash out for wii u? Wtf why
    mario party games are super bad

smash comes out soon I think

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Is this shit going to come out for the 3ds? I still play 7 sometimes. The online works very well for a portable. Granted, the only thing I can compare it to are online phone games.

NBA lottery pick

Don't think I could swing a Wii U for this game, even though I'd like to. That being said most people don't realize how much they made off the Wii and the portable gaming that there's no way they'd sell IP to Sony or Microsoft which both have their own concerns most don't seem to be aware of.

The luigi death stare is awesome. There's at least 5 semi-popular ones. If only the system was more popular, they'd be everywhere.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Don't think I could swing a Wii U for this game, even though I'd like to.
    I'm feeling the same way. It would be a nice "3rd string" console to have for games like this and future Metroid and whatever else. The tablet gamepad, IMO, is a big misfire. I didn't find it comfortable and it's a gimmick that merely inflates the price. Microsoft smartly is removing Kinect but I don't see Nintendo ever abandoning the gamepad.

I have the Wii U but haven't had a chance to set it up since I moved. Do Wii games work well on Wii U? I heard you had to get Wii controllers for them which is pretty crappy.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    It looks like a great game and with what I heard, it actually doesn't punish good players with BS items and luck.

But still, I'm not wasting my money on a Wii U.
    It was definitely an impulse buy for me, and one that I regretted initially. It's starting to look a little more promising for the wiiu though, I'll be interested to hear what's coming up at E3

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I'm feeling the same way. It would be a nice "3rd string" console to have for games like this and future Metroid and whatever else. The tablet gamepad, IMO, is a big misfire. I didn't find it comfortable and it's a gimmick that merely inflates the price. Microsoft smartly is removing Kinect but I don't see Nintendo ever abandoning the gamepad.
    Well FWIW, the gamepad isn't being used by studios Nintendo owns. Or at least Retro Studios didn't use it for DK. It's just a blank screen.

Also each game can be played with a pro controller, and most with a wii remote if you prefer. The only game that can't is Nintendoland. Which is just a pack in game to introduce you to the gamepad. 3D world you can beat without using the gamepad, but Toad challenges require it if you choose to do those. For Pikmin/WWHD it's basically just a map, or an inventory display.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I have the Wii U but haven't had a chance to set it up since I moved. Do Wii games work well on Wii U? I heard you had to get Wii controllers for them which is pretty crappy.
    I've played MK Wii, The first galaxy, and started Skyward Sword, but haven't beat it. All of them played perfectly. Yeah you need wii remote plusses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I've played MK Wii, The first galaxy, and started Skyward Sword, but haven't beat it. All of them played perfectly. Yeah you need wii remote plusses.
    Damn. I was gonna set it up for my parents because they used to enjoy Wii Sports. Need to buy extra hardware first I guess.

got it on Friday.

Nothing special, but still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Damn. I was gonna set it up for my parents because they used to enjoy Wii Sports. Need to buy extra hardware first I guess.
    Nintendo sells them refurbed (and I think a 1 year warranty as well) on their site for like 25 or so I think.