Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
Kovach
Decent playground baller

Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool
Default David Robinson 12 Dunks in a Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlcW_CE4V1I

Enjoy! ;)
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #2
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board
Default Re: David Robinson 12 Dunks in a Game

but he shoots fadeaway jumpers at crunch time
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This was awesome. It seemed like he was slowly switching things up as the game went along. Routine two-handers, then started cocking it back, then the two-hand windmill, then the reverse, then the tomahawk.

This video kind of got me wondering, is there a supposed record for most dunks by a player in a game? I'm presuming some big man with a 50+ point game may have it.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
Kovach
Decent playground baller

Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
This was awesome. It seemed like he was slowly switching things up as the game went along. Routine two-handers, then started cocking it back, then the two-hand windmill, then the reverse, then the tomahawk.

This video kind of got me wondering, is there a supposed record for most dunks by a player in a game? I'm presuming some big man with a 50+ point game may have it.
There is no official record. Unofficially, it was Amare with 11 before this game was found ;) Tho it is very easy to presume Wilt had more than that.
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Love this thanks!

The Admiral was my favorite C until the Magic drafted Shaq.

Used to love his athleticism, dunks, etc, and dude could run the floor and best of all, HE WAS A LEFTY.

Makes me wanna get a Sega Genesis and play David Robinson's Supreme Court Basketball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Hsj...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKApmr_0iQo

Used to LOVE THIS GAME!

Last edited by WillyJakk : 10-22-2012 at 03:23 AM.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJakk
Love this thanks!

The Admiral was my favorite C until the Magic drafted Shaq.

Used to love his athleticism, dunks, etc, and dude could run the floor and best of all, HE WAS A LEFTY.

Makes me wanna get a Sega Genesis and play David Robinson's Supreme Court Basketball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Hsj...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKApmr_0iQo

Used to LOVE THIS GAME!
I used to want that game just because David Robinson's name was tied to it. In reality, I never pulled the trigger because it was actually kind of lame in comparison to the Tecmo NBA Basketballs, NBA Showdowns, and NBA Jams of the world at the time.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovach
There is no official record. Unofficially, it was Amare with 11 before this game was found ;) Tho it is very easy to presume Wilt had more than that.

I remember having watched a clip of Shaq having dunked 10 or 11 times in a game.
I've also read about Wilt that, in his 66-pointer against Phoenix in 1969, he had 22 dunks. BTW, that was the 60-point game with the highest FG% in NBA history (29/35 FG's).
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
f0und
Good High School Starter

f0und has an OK reputation so far

the fact that always blew my mind about DROB was that he grew 6 inches in college(from 6'6" to 7'). imagine how dramatic your game would evolve in such a short time.
f0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0und
the fact that always blew my mind about DROB was that he grew 6 inches in college(from 6'6" to 7'). imagine how dramatic your game would evolve in such a short time.
Another person who grew rapidly after high school is Bill Russell who went from 6-6 to 6-9 5/8ths from HS to his first college game, I'm pretty sure Dennis Rodman was a late bloomer in growth too
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
I remember having watched a clip of Shaq having dunked 10 or 11 times in a game.
I've also read about Wilt that, in his 66-pointer against Phoenix in 1969, he had 22 dunks. BTW, that was the 60-point game with the highest FG% in NBA history (29/35 FG's).
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0und

also it was amazing that he managed to keep his speed while growing
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
Tmuston Beltics
Local High School Star

Tmuston Beltics has no real reputation yet.

Thought Nate Robinson..
Tmuston Beltics is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: