i thought it was alright

Banned

Default Re: The Ego of Lebron James and Usain Bolt

When you:

* win the MVP
    * championship
    * finals MVP
    * olympic gold

...all in the same year, you get a free pass to be as arrogant as you want.

Bolt came from obscurity, yet James was spoonfed?
    Where did James come from? Akron? What great player has come out of Akron before him?

I've never understood this fascination with an athletes personal life/personality. We watch them for their sport. He could be the worlds biggest asshole for all I care, if he plays for my team, I'll support him more than likely.
    I've read more than enough things about Wade to tell me that hes probably one of the biggest douches in the NBA. Doesn't stop him from being my favorite player all time.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Bolt came from obscurity, yet James was spoonfed?
    Where did James come from? Akron? What great player has come out of Akron before him?

I've never understood this fascination with an athletes personal life/personality. We watch them for their sport. He could be the worlds biggest asshole for all I care, if he plays for my team, I'll support him more than likely.
    I've read more than enough things about Wade to tell me that hes probably one of the biggest douches in the NBA. Doesn't stop him from being my favorite player all time.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I watch these guys for their athletic abilities. I'm not looking for a role model. Why should I care about someone's personality, when I'll never even have a conversation with them.

Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

some white people hate seeing rich black athletes letting everyone know they're the best at what they do

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    When you:

* win the MVP
    * championship
    * finals MVP
    * olympic gold

...all in the same year, you get a free pass to be as arrogant as you want.
    Not really. Not at all. That being said Lebron isnt as big an egoist as many claim. He just comes off as self centered and somewhat oblivious to those around him. And there is a difference between the two. See: Kobe/Jordan.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nbaballllller's Avatar

lmao shes so mad

people acting like bolt is a legend?

Lol people are always breaking sprint records. Yes hes the fastest now and good for him but in 20 years someone will have taken his spot and no one will give a fak about him. heck most people couldnt tell u who won the 100 metre sprint in 2004.

the talk of lebron will continue for 50 years

In the comments section....

"Wow I know this is a blog, but that was actually biggest load of nonsense I have read.

"Lebron's incessant boasting"?!? I take it your roots are in Cleveland. I know this is a British newspaper, but a lot of us British follow basketball, and know the description of Lebron's personality is absolute nonsense. I am sure he has an ego, but name me one great superstar that doesn't? Fact is he is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be.

Also to imply that his achievements are lesser because he plays a team sport is also nonsense. It takes more for an individual to shine in a team sport.

To conclude just more irrational hate towards Lebron, by this minority of Americans who have nothing better to do in their lives. I seriously hope you aren't writing regular sports columns for the Guardian, that would be sad."

Couldn't have said it better myself. Get back to the kitchen....

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    In the comments section....

"Wow I know this is a blog, but that was actually biggest load of nonsense I have read.

"Lebron's incessant boasting"?!? I take it your roots are in Cleveland. I know this is a British newspaper, but a lot of us British follow basketball, and know the description of Lebron's personality is absolute nonsense. I am sure he has an ego, but name me one great superstar that doesn't? Fact is he is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be.

Also to imply that his achievements are lesser because he plays a team sport is also nonsense. It takes more for an individual to shine in a team sport.

To conclude just more irrational hate towards Lebron, by this minority of Americans who have nothing better to do in their lives. I seriously hope you aren't writing regular sports columns for the Guardian, that would be sad."

Couldn't have said it better myself. Get back to the kitchen....
    Totally agree. This writer needs to get fired. Terrible article...

Lebron needs a team? LOL! Of course he does, he plays a team game duhhh!

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Lebron is Very Humble in Interviews while Bolt is Very Arrogant and Cocky..This Writer has his Facts mixed up apparently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7

To be fair, if you go into sports you have to have an ego. If you don't, you'll get crushed by the media, competitors, etc.
    **** this cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Bolt is very clearly arrogant and full of himself...why not though? He's the best in the world.

LeBron...I don't know. LeBron seems like a pretty chill dude, but then he has "King" and "Chosen One" tattooed on this body.

Most young people have egos. Actually, most people have egos.

And I have no problem with it.

Usain Bolt says he is a legend and he's the best.... but he is. So why is it wrong for him to say so?

NBA rookie of the year

Honestly basketball players get a bad rap.

LeBron doesn't do anywhere near the crazy antics Bolt does, nor have I ever heard him refer to himself as a "living legend". I've never heard Jordan himself say he's the best basketball player ever. Kobe is respectful too.

The "Decision" TV special was a massive PR mistake, LeBron knows that, it was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by nbaballllller
    lmao shes so mad

people acting like bolt is a legend?

Lol people are always breaking sprint records. Yes hes the fastest now and good for him but in 20 years someone will have taken his spot and no one will give a fak about him. heck most people couldnt tell u who won the 100 metre sprint in 2004.

the talk of lebron will continue for 50 years
    Nobody has ever won both the 100 and the 200 in two consecutive Olympics.

He holds the world record in both.

He's the fastest man to ever run the 100m in the history of the world, and he's also the fastest man to ever run the 200m in the history of the world.

He's got the 100 meter dash record by a huge amount. I don't think 9.58 will be broken anytime soon unless he breaks his own record.

The next fastest times ever recorded are: