Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Chauncey Billups-"I would like a chance at them, I'll tell you that much"

A few things.

First of all, Chauncey won a ring with the Pistons in 2004, played in another Finals, and played in 4 more conference finals. It's not like we're talking about a star player on bad teams who is now, in the twilight of his career, begging for a chance to go to a contender. I don't think many people will give him sympathy on this account.

Second of all, he's getting paid this year no matter what. Sounds pretty good to me.

Third of all, he talks about not wanting to be the glue guy, the mentor, and sitting on the bench. How many shots does he realistically think the Heat could give him a game? Does he actually expect the offense to run through him with Wade and LeBron on the team?

Banned

Default Re: Chauncey Billups-"I would like a chance at them, I'll tell you that much"

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    A few things.

First of all, Chauncey won a ring with the Pistons in 2004, played in another Finals, and played in 4 more conference finals. It's not like we're talking about a star player on bad teams who is now, in the twilight of his career, begging for a chance to go to a contender. I don't think many people will give him sympathy on this account.

Second of all, he's getting paid this year no matter what. Sounds pretty good to me.

Third of all, he talks about not wanting to be the glue guy, the mentor, and sitting on the bench. How many shots does he realistically think the Heat could give him a game? Does he actually expect the offense to run through him with Wade and LeBron on the team?
    He could do that for the Lakers though.

Quote Originally Posted by comerb
    I'm excited about Cole.

I don't think Billups gets to Miami. Some pissy small market owner will bid on him just out of spite.
    Well they have till 6pm tonight.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Miami needs bigs....

NBA lottery pick

It would be good for Miami... they need somebody to take the last shot for them when Chalmers is doubled.

so loophole around amnesty...just say you refuse to play for any team that picks you up off waivers? you gotta think he won't be the only one that does this. while i understand he's upset, he's acting like a baby. btw, this is exactly why people who say players should be loyal are full of it. have teams been loyal to billups or odom? was reindsdorf loyal to MJ, pip and phil in the later years? players know this and they'll always way their options just like GMs and owners.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    Miami needs bigs....
    They do yes but getting Billups would be huge as he is a guy who can hold his own against anybody and give you 17 and 5 on any given night. Something they didn't have last year.

They were two games away from a title with Anthony as their starting center and they have added Battier, got a healthy Haslem back so maybe they don't need a big to win.

Cuba

We will know at 6pm if he's going to Miami or not.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

This guy seriously thinks he's the shit. He's just real lucky he was in Detroit when Sheed, Ben and Rip were still in their primes, and Prince didn't suck yet.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hernando
    Never said that, I am just saying what the Idiotic Knicks fans are saying. That simply tyson equals a big 3. He doesn't.

chandler is as impactful as these overrated pgs. All teams have won with a defensive anchor but you can live with a scrub pg playing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Really? Cuz he averaged 17.5 pts and 5.5 assists for New York.
    and missed a shitload of games, including basically the entire playoff series.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    He's taking this way too personally. He's like 36-years-old. If you have the opportunity to sign the starting center from the defending champs you do it, period.

He would've looked a lot better had he taken the high road, but instead he's acting like a little bitch.
    To me he's just doing the smart thing. He's acting out right now to make sure no team places one of those priority contract bids for him.

Nobody places a bid because of his attitude and Billups is free to do as he pleases. He can sign with any team he wants, for any role he wants, for any contract he wants and still get paid every last penny of that contract he already had.

That's all there is to it. He doesn't give a shit about NY waiving him, but he doesn't want to end up in backwoods Milwaukee either. So he takes the strategic route, which might makes him look like a punk for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    and missed a shitload of games, including basically the entire playoff series.
    Damn good player though even at age 35.

General managers of the teams under the cap are sleeping by the way. If I was a GM of a capspace team I would have locked up Gilbert Arenas and Chauncey Billups for 1,5 million a year a loooong time ago.

Lock those players up cheaply and then trade them to contenders for draft picks. Make full use of the amnesty rules. I have no idea why no one is doing it.

According to yahoo sports he is eying lakers or heat if he doesn't get picked up