Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Stern punishes Lakers FO for being amazing, true victims here are fans of basketball

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Went from getting CP3 and then possibly Dwight, to just losing Odom.. while also hurting team chemistry. Horrible turn of events.
    unless we get Howard in the last minute for all intents and purposes the season's done for the lakers

this photo summarizes everything, Kobe and a whole squad of scrubs led by a ni99a that couldn't even hack in Cleveland.

Stern is cold blooded

Default Re: Stern punishes Lakers FO for being amazing, true victims here are fans of basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    We do rebuild, we just do it faster than other shit franchises because we have the best ownership and management in the league. And we should be punished for this why?

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    You're an idiot. At the time is was a good trade for both teams. One team got assets to win now. The other team got assets to build for the future.
    As I said before, you couldn't find one person during that time that would say that was a good trade for the Grizzlies. Yes, it turned out great for them, but at the time it sucked and MEM got raped hard.

Notice, the "build for the future" team just outlasted the Lakers in the playoffs.
    Well the Lakers got their two titles and 3 finals appearances out of it and Memphis got 1 WCF trip.

yeah it worked out great.

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Da Mavs

As a Lakers fan, I'm not thinking of this whole issue as Stern's agenda against LA. I think the issue lies in the the fact that a team is owned by the league and there is a conflict of interest here. Not to mention the NO front office has no power and is virtually meaningless. Stern will look very bad if CP3 is traded elsewhere and it's approved, because the deal NO got in this package was pretty damn good.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    As I said before, you couldn't find one person during that time that would say that was a good trade for the Grizzlies. Yes, it turned out great for them, but at the time it sucked and MEM got raped hard.

Well the Lakers got their two titles and 3 finals appearances out of it and Memphis got 1 WCF trip.

yeah it worked out great.
    You make absolutely no damn sense. You admit it was a great trade for the Grizzlies, but then turn around and say they got "raped'(which is offensive)

This "at the time" garbage is Bs. I can bring up hundreds of transactions that seemed bad to those who think they know more than the people who are hired to make decisions.

There is a reason people like you foolishly talk smack on a message board while other are paid millions to do it.

Most times with young unproven talent it's just hit or miss.

I see no one(outside Lakers fans) whining about the Lamar Odom trade to Dallas?

Just imagine if the Lakers had pick up the reigning sixth man of the year for a 2nd rd pick and trade exemption after they won it all from a team they swept out the playoffs.

Idiots like you would be whining for years how the Lakers had robbed someone of a player and conspiracy theories to perpetuate Lakers dominance?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    As a Lakers fan, I'm not thinking of this whole issue as Stern's agenda against LA. I think the issue lies in the the fact that a team is owned by the league and there is a conflict of interest here. Not to mention the NO front office has no power and is virtually meaningless. Stern will look very bad if CP3 is traded elsewhere and it's approved, because the deal NO got in this package was pretty damn good.
    This.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Did they block the Lakers from getting Pau Gasol for a bag of Frito's and some M&M's?

No.

Did they veto Shaq signing and then allowing the Lakers to stack players around him an Kobe?

No.

Did they stop them from getting GP, Karl Malone, Shaq & Kobe all on the same team?

No.

Did they stop them from getting Kareem from the Bucks?

No.

Did they stop them from getting Wilt and pairing him with Jerry West?

No.

The first time your team isn't allowed to stack players and you guys are crying like you're the King from 2002.

GTFOH with that bullshit.

Are you really that ignorant?

For one, the lakers DRAFTED MARC GASOL who was then included in the trade for Pau.
    But hey i guess thats just a bag of m&m's right? Since when did a bag of

m&m's cost you a 50 million dollar contract extension?

Second, the Lakers traded a proven center who was one of the best centers in the leauge at that time for an unproven, 17 year high school player who had tons of potential.

It wasn't a gurantee that Kobe would become what he did. And please tell me who the Lakers "stacked" around Shaq & Kobe?

D Fish? (drafted), Robert Horry? Rick Fox? Brian Shaw? All good ROLE players, not anything out of this world.

It seems that with your logic the NBA should stop any basketball team from improving themselves? So i guess the Lakers should be punished for being smart? NO.

You my friend, are illogical

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Are you really that ignorant?

For one, the lakers DRAFTED MARC GASOL who was then included in the trade for Pau.
    But hey i guess thats just a bag of m&m's right? Since when did a bag of

m&m's cost you a 50 million dollar contract extension?

Second, the Lakers traded a proven center who was one of the best centers in the leauge at that time for an unproven, 17 year high school player who had tons of potential.

It wasn't a gurantee that Kobe would become what he did. And please tell me who the Lakers "stacked" around Shaq & Kobe?

D Fish? (drafted), Robert Horry? Rick Fox? Brian Shaw? All good ROLE players, not anything out of this world.

It seems that with your logic the NBA should stop any basketball team from improving themselves? So i guess the Lakers should be punished for being smart? NO.

You my friend, are illogical
    If I hadn't used up all my rep over the past 24 hours, you, my friend, would be repped.