Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: If everyone was at their primes, Celtics would be by far the best team

Since I already posted, I'll add my opinions. I think it would be between Boston and Cleveland. No doubt. And it would be closer than Celtics fans are saying, and it'd be much closer than Cavs fans are saying.

BUT, I don't see why all this "NO ONE CAN STOP PRIME LEBRON OR PRIME SHAQ" when so many teams have. Boston does perhaps the best job defensively on LeBron today, but could you imagine how much better a job they could do if all their players were in their prime?

And Perkins is one of the best man to man post defenders in the NBA, and if he had a prime KG to help with the weakside and double team....Boston could do a decent job on Shaq. I'm not goin to go as far as KG5MVP and say they'd shut him down, b/c Shaq in his prime was one of the most unstoppable forces ever. But he wouldn't beat us single handedly.

Rondo>>>>>Williams
    Ray>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker/West
    Pierce<LeBron
    KG>>>Jamison
    Perk<<<<Shaq

Boston's bench in it prime>>>>Clevelands bench in its prime.
    Finley>>>>>>>>>>Parker/West
    Rasheed>>>>Varejao/Big Z
    Big Baby<<<<<<Powe
    Nate>>>>>Gibson
    Daniels>>>Moon

Default Re: If everyone was at their primes, Celtics would be by far the best team

Lol are you guys ****ing kidding me? Prime Ray, Pierce, KG, Finley, Sheed would DOMINATE the Cavs...People seem to forget how good prime Ray Allen, Finley, and Garnett were...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    Lol are you guys ****ing kidding me? Prime Ray, Pierce, KG, Finley, Sheed would DOMINATE the Cavs...People seem to forget how good prime Ray Allen, Finley, and Garnett were...
    Yes, people are forgetting how GREAT Ray, Finley and KG were in their primes. Finley was a 24 ppg scorer a few years, even higher a couple times. As was Ray. Ray was once a top 3 SG. And KG was the most complete player in the league. Do I need to remind everyone of KG's stats over a 8-9 year stretch? 20+ ppg, 10+ rpg, 5+ apg, ~2 bpg, ~2 spg

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

When did the Celtics get Michael Finley?

How about... in their primes...

C: Antonio McDyess
    PF: Tim Duncan
    SF: Richard Jefferson
    SG: Manu Ginobili
    PG: Tony Parker

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    today

Like a day ago

NBA lottery pick

How about... in their primes...

C: Antonio McDyess
    PF: Tim Duncan
    SF: Richard Jefferson
    SG: Manu Ginobili
    PG: Tony Parker
    I don't think McDyess was ever a Center. Duncan's played center more than tonio.

PG: Rondo=Parker
    SG: Ray>>Ginobili
    SF: Pierce>>>>Jefferson
    PF: KG>>>>McDyess
    C: Perkins<<<Duncan

That's how I see it.

I think the top teams, if every player was in their prime, would be: 1. Boston, 2. Cleveland, 3. LAL, 4. SA

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    I don't think McDyess was ever a Center. Duncan's played center more than tonio.

PG: Rondo=Parker
    SG: Ray>>Ginobili
    SF: Pierce>>>>Jefferson
    PF: KG>>>>McDyess
    C: Perkins<<<Duncan

That's how I see it.

I think the top teams, if every player was in their prime, would be: 1. Boston, 2. Cleveland, 3. LAL, 4. SA
    SAS would be better than lakers

Freshprince619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Ridiculous post whining and crying about delusional scenarios. I guess arguing something relevant like who has the best chance of winning it became to realistic and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA

No doubt about it. There would be far, far too much talent to deal with. Shaq, and Lebron would have to try to overpower a prime Piece, Garnett, Allen, Finley, Wallace....

PLUS, Rajon Rondo, Perk, etc etc? Are people kidding?

HansMoleman
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

lol shaq qould throw skinny ass kg around like a rag doll while sitting on perkins asking for his lunch money

Mavericks with prime Dirk, Kidd, Marion and Butler would be pretty scary as well.

You guys do know that Michael Finley was a 22 PPG, 6 RPG, 5 APG guy on 46% shooting and 40% from deep right? Not to mention his crazy athleticism... And Prime Ray Ray was scarier... And KG...

The top crop of the NBA would be Celtics - Cavs - Spurs. I'm not getting into which especifically would be better, as it is clearly debatable (the OP simply didn't saw a prime Shaq, and prime KG / Sheed / Pierce / Allen / Finley is as well rounded as they come).

Orlando (prime VC + prime Shard + Dwight ), Dallas (Kidd + Marion + Butler + Tim Thomas + Erika Dampier all in their prime + Dirk & Terry) would look really good as well, although a step below the 3 teams above.