Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Now that Kobe's retired..

Who's the most skilled perimeter player?

CP3?

It doesn't necessarily mean that the most skilled is the best, but who else has the most skills as a perimeter player?

Default Re: Now that Kobe's retired..

Has Kobe ever been considered the most skilled perimeter player before retiring 3yrs ago?

I'm not a CP3 fan, but the guy is one of the greatest playmakers, can shoot like crazy and from anywhere, play offball, post up, and can score at the rim as well. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone else who good at all the above.

Also, even when Kobe was in the league, he wasn't THE most skilled perimeter player.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Kobe was never in that discussion anyway. Slightly below average dribbler, average shooter, average passer, average playmaking ability.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    I'm not a CP3 fan, but the guy is one of the greatest playmakers, can shoot like crazy and from anywhere, play offball, post up, and can score at the rim as well. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone else who good at all the above.

Also, even when Kobe was in the league, he wasn't THE most skilled perimeter player.
    I agree with CP3 (obviously), he has all the tools, footwork, mid, handles, post game, can give you many many looks offensively.

Aside from Kobe who do you think was THE most skilled perimeter player?

I honestly can't think of one, or am I missing out on someone?

Kobe's skill level was matched only by Paul Pierce and some might argue Carmelo (although Im not too sure about that). And even then, I think Kobe was still better than they were (although Pierce was right there with him).

I think you have the correct idea tho, as many will think that simply having a crossover and shooting a 3 will quality them as being very skilled, which is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    Kobe was never in that discussion anyway. Slightly below average dribbler, average shooter, average passer, average playmaking ability.
    LOL this guy oozes stupidity

STFU

Kobe was not an average in anything you mentioned. He was an elite all time level quality player.

His inconsistencies were a result of his questionable IQ which was guided by his selfishness, but please don't make a fool of yourself by stating he was average.

Kobe when he wanted too could pass with the best, was a playmaker with the best and he wouldn't be able to score the amount he did by simply being an "average shooter".

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

CP3? You mean the most underrated player on ish? Absolutely.

Kobe's never been the most skilled player in basketball man.

Chris Paul, although not an overall better player, needed much more skill to be as good as he is. Not only is he 5 inches shorter than Kobe, he's not nearly as athletic.

CP3 is pretty clear now. His scoring skillset along with playmaking is pretty ridiculous. Kyrie would be up there if we're talking just scoring(playmaking takes skill too).

Not airballing my layups anymore

lmao at the dudes on here saying Kobe wasn't the most skilled perimeter player. No bias, but what couldn't he do?
    On offense; he could drive to the basket, shoot the midrange(fadeaway), post up, shoot the 3,Great footwork. You'll really be hardpressed trying to find a flaw in his game. .
    On defense he was as great as any other perimeter player when playing man on man defense.
    Last edited by Uchmanmamba24; 07-20-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Not airballing my layups anymore

It okay to hate Kobe but don't deny how skillful the man was. The least you all could do is admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchmanmamba24
    It okay to hate Kobe but don't deny how skillful the man was. The least you all could do is admit that.
    At the very least, I'd like to know who they believe was/were the most skilled.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

LOL Come on now

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    LOL Come on now
    I'll tell you what the problem is w/ Kobe.

Too many 40 degree shooting days.