Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default If Cavs trade Love...

Bored and thinking about some ideas for a bunch of moves the Cavs could potentially make.

First move;

Love/Mo for Crowder, David Lee, Olynk, and the Nets pick this year

Crowder is the perfect fit for what Lue wants to do...Olynk is on a small contract and has the ability to stretch the floor in a limited role.

Celtics get the all nba player they need while not giving of much of note and still have a ton of current and future picks.

Not an obvious deal for either team, but lets just assume that it works.

Then...Cavs go to the Suns with the Haywood exception and Nets pick. Offer the Nets pick for Morris, Booker, and the Cavs first round pick back this year.

If pressed, I'd listen to the Suns wanting to shed Tyson as well. It would just essentially be Moz/Andy for Tyson in addition to the trade above. Tyson fits the Lue system better than both...and while his contract sucks...so does Andy's...and keeping Moz will be really expensive as well.

If I'm the Cavs...I probably ask for a future first round pick in order to take on Tyson.

So something like...Morris, Booker, Tyson, Tucker, Cavs pick back, and future lottery protected first rounder for Andy, Moz, Kaun, Cunningham, and Nets pick

So it would essentially either be Love for;

Crowder / Olynk / Morris / Booker

Or Love, Moz, Andy for;

Crowder / Olynk / Tucker / Tyson / Morris / Booker

I'm not saying the Cavs should trade Love for exactly this, but if they do...there are some really interesting moves to make.

Another interesting move could be Love to the Nuggets for Gallo/Barton type package.

If the goal is only to win...those teams above are far more likely to beat the Warriors/Spurs than the current team the Cavs have with Love. Love has a nightmare matchup with the Warriors...while adding Crowder/Morris/Tucker on the wing changes everything. Throw in a guy like Booker and the Cavs have a far better chance to beat the Warriors in the finals imo.

So if they really are "all in" on winning a title over the next 3 years...I think they should move Love for some type of package similar to the above.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 02-06-2016 at 01:53 PM.

Default Re: If Cavs trade Love...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Bored and thinking about some ideas for a bunch of moves the Cavs could potentially make.

First move;

Love for Crowder, David Lee, Olynk, and the Nets pick this year
    why should the celtics do this? crowder and olynk are the pillars of the celtics team. especially crowder is a very good defender and olynk is well above average as well. love is great player, but basically the celtics would give up what they are trying to build.

how many picks do the celtics have?
    Last edited by pastis; 02-06-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    why should the celtics do this? crowder and olynk are the pillars of the celtics team. especially crowder is a very good defender and olynk is well above average as well. love is great player, but basically the celtics would give up what they are trying to build.

how many picks do the celtics have?
    Celtics have a ton of picks. I'm not saying they for sure do it, but it's definitely in the realm of possibility.

People as fans are probably way lower on Love than people within the league.

At some point the Celtics are going to have to use some of their picks to get a known commodity.

Olynk plays 21 minutes a game...he's not a pillar of the team imo.

Celtics have a ton of picks. I'm not saying they for sure do it, but it's definitely in the realm of possibility.

People as fans are probably way lower on Love than people within the league.

At some point the Celtics are going to have to use some of their picks to get a known commodity.

Olynk plays 21 minutes a game...he's not a pillar of the team imo.
    indeed. would rather try to trade some bench warmers and high picks for love than crowder and olynk. but then the cavs wont do this trade

one is for sure: the mavs need to trade everything except dirk and maybe matthews for griffin. parsons, d-will, barea, felton, harris all our fvcking trash.

or trade everything except drik for griffin and some clippers role players. im ok with everything.

indeed. would rather try to trade some bench warmers and high picks for love than crowder and olynk. but then the cavs wont do this trade

one is for sure: the mavs need to trade everything except dirk and maybe matthews for griffin. parsons, d-will, barea, felton, harris all our fvcking trash.

or trade everything except drik for griffin and some clippers role players. im ok with everything.
    Yea, again, I'm not saying the Celtics do this for sure, but the question is;

Is Love worth Crowder and the likely 4th pick in the draft.

1.5 years ago Love was worth more than that...and now he's on a great contract locked in long term.

If I'm the Cavs and the Celtics said no Olynk...and wanted to include Sully or Zeller instead...I'd still do it if I had some other things lined up like the above.

But adding Love and keeping Olynk might not be the best idea...losing Crowder and the pick hurts, but they have a ton of picks this year...and they have the Nets picks in 17 and 18 as well...and I think they have a first rounder from the Grizz in 18 as well, but I can't remember.

So you lose Crowder and add Love to the current team..with tons of assets and cap room moving forward. I think that puts them in a better position than they currently are in...and with so much unknown in the draft each year...it's hard to pass up a guy like Love locked in for likely 4 more years after this one.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 02-06-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Lebrick fans are pathetic :

Needs more help

NBA Legend

Love is absolute trash. Getting rid of him is addition by subtraction.

Wes/Parsons/Powell for Griffin/Lance/Cole...get it done Mark.

Moar Help!!

Love/Mo for Crowder, David Lee, Olynk, and the Nets pick this year
    Don't like this at all for the Celtics. They're giving up who is probably their second best player (and their only real wing), a solid rotation player in Olynk, and a top 3 or 4 pick in the draft. And I don't even like how Love fits on the Celtics.

Sure, they get the best player in the trade, but it comes at too much of a cost.

Celtics would be stolen

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Don't like this at all for the Celtics. They're giving up who is probably their second best player (and their only real wing), a solid rotation player in Olynk, and a top 3 or 4 pick in the draft. And I don't even like how Love fits on the Celtics.

Sure, they get the best player in the trade, but it comes at too much of a cost.
    It's all about how one values Love.

1.5 years ago...Love was easily worth Crowder, Olynk, and the 4th pick in the draft.

The reason I included Olynk was because I doubt you'd want both Love and Olynk on the same roster. I'd do the deal without Olynk if I'm the Cavs anyway.

I don't know...the Celtics need a legit all nba player. Yea, they have a ton of picks, but what if the Nets pick turns into a long project or is just a bust? Do they even want to try and integrate a rookie into this team?

They will have a lot of cap space this coming season...so I assume they are going to build out the roster with at least 2 solid veterans.

I hear you, losing Crowder would hurt the Celtics, but he's a guy that can be replaced.

Just would be hard for me to pass up on 4.5 years of Love's prime pretty much locked in for two role players and an unproven pick...given the current makeup of the Celtics.

Imagine the Celtics with 2 or 3 added legit vet rotation players and Kevin Love. Maybe go after Ezeli and Batum in free agency...trade that Nets 2017 swap rights pick for another asset. Get a few rookies with their pick and the Dallas pick.

I'm not actually a huge Love fan, but I definitely think he's better than he gets credit for.

It's just hard to get into true contender status in this league...could the Celtics do it through the draft? Sure, but you are very unlikely to hit a player as good or better than Love in the draft at pick 4...especially as said player will take time.

Who knows, all we know is that the Celtics are likely to do something...they are too good in current form and have too many assets to just play it all out and now turn those assets into all nba type players.

Banned

I hear you, losing Crowder would hurt the Celtics, but he's a guy that can be replaced.
    I can only think of 3 names who can replace Crowder and they are Ariza, Batum, Iggy. These all-around/3 and D guys are more special than your typical roleplayers.

Obviously, big names can easily replace them but I don't think Love is that legit big name. Rather do a Crowder package(Celtics' top picks, + Amir, KO or Sully) for Griffin. At least Griffin has had some big playoff games on his resume. That's if the rumors are true about LAC wanting to get rid of Griffin.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    Lebrick fans are pathetic :

Needs more help
    whether love gets traded or not you're still only packing 4 inches bro....

Quote Originally Posted by You Cant Ban Me
    whether love gets traded or not you're still only packing 4 inches bro....

Damn