Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-05-2008, 05:50 AM   #1
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation
Default Bobcats drafting

I was just looking at the Charlotte bobcats drafting since they joined the league in 2004, and they have proved to have one of the dumbest front offices in the league.

Potentially they could have this linueup and these werent players who were drafted late or unkowns.

PG- Stuckey
SG- Roy
SF- Gerald wallace
PF- Emeka Okafor
C- Andrew Bynum / brook lopez
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bobcats drafting

You know you could do that kind of thing for pretty much every team in the league
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:43 AM   #3
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
Ya Bobcats have had bad scouting.

2003: Draft Boris Diaw but never used him to his full potential
2004: Okafor which was a good pick
2005: They passed up on Deron Williams and Chris Paul to take Marvin Williams
2006: They passed on Brandon Roy to take Sheldon Williams
2007: They took Al Horford, which was a good pick, but then took Acie Law over Stuckey

That's the Hawks recent drafting + 2004 Bobcats picks. I'm not sure what happened there, but you've confused yourself quite a bit.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:44 AM   #4
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
That's the Hawks recent drafting + 2004 Bobcats picks. I'm not sure what happened there, but you've confused yourself quite a bit.
LOL My bad
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:36 AM   #5
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaiel
You know you could do that kind of thing for pretty much every team in the league

Yes but the 'cats have been in the lottery so much
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #6
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
Yes but the 'cats have been in the lottery so much
I think you can add the Hawks in the category too
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #7
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

They seriously thought about CP in the '05 draft by giving up their May and Felton picks but decided not to pull the trigger.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If only Orlando'd taken Okafor. I thought they were crazy to take Howard, guy had bust written all over him. I obviously was correct there.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:37 AM   #9
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

MJ great player, Horrid GM/Owner or whatever the hell he is.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #10
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
MJ great player, Horrid GM/Owner or whatever the hell he is.

You do know MJ has only been around for the last 3 drafts right? Our problem is we fall in love with experienced college players from good programs, which is great if you want a guy that already has NBA ready skills, but unfortunately they haven't had much upside and can't stay healthy.

And I don't get all the hate now we're not playing that bad. We've won 3 of 4, and that coincides with J Rich getting healthy and May playing his best ball of the year. If May is actually in shape enough to give us 25 mins a night and can stay on the court for 55+ of the next 64 games we will make the playoffs.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #11
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

You can't really blame the Bobcats for their drafting.

Morrison looked like he was the next Larry Bird or Dirk Nowitzki when he was in college and the scouts had nothing but good things to say about him when it came to his offense.

Okafor is not a bust and I would take him on my team in a minute. Everybody knew he wasn't going to be an offensive big man but the Bobcats got him for his defense and a rebounding which, from what I seen of him, has been good and sometimes great.

Now remember that Rodney Stuckey and Andrew Bynum both didn't get a lot of rave reviews from NBA scouts and were under the radar, why do you think they dropped to the Lakers and Pistons?

And finally, the Blazers actually wanted to draft Adam Morrison and were trying to work a trade with the Bobcats to acquire him but the Timberwolves came along for the Randy Foye for Brandon Roy deal which at the time made the Bobcats look smart.

I hate threads like these because people don't remember what the expectations of these players were and how well they played in college and all the positive that were given to these players. You act like if the Bobcats didn't draft Adam Morrison then he would've free fell in the draft which is incorrect because he would've been selected with the 6th pick instead of the 5th.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:53 AM   #12
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
If only Orlando'd taken Okafor. I thought they were crazy to take Howard, guy had bust written all over him. I obviously was correct there.

huh?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #13
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Hindsight is always 20/20...
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #14
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
huh?

The draft. The polished stud (Okafor) vs the high school "potential" guy (Howard). There was a fairly big debate who'd be #1, obviously the Bobcats'd have Howard had Orlando gone with Okafor. It was only 4 years ago...
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #15
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Okafor is not a bust and I would take him on my team in a minute. Everybody knew he wasn't going to be an offensive big man but the Bobcats got him for his defense and a rebounding which, from what I seen of him, has been good and sometimes great.

Defensively Okafor has been everything we expected, but we did think we were getting more offensively. Every year in college his offensive skills developed and we thought he'd keep progressing. He has a nice post game, and good strength and athleticism and as a Cat fan I can tell you we all thought we were getting the next Alonzo Mourning. Obviously that hasn't happened. He's a good player, but he is a bit of a bust.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: