Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default KING: N.C. police kill unarmed deaf, mute man using sign language

A North Carolina state trooper shot and killed 29-year-old Daniel Harris

Default Re: KING: N.C. police kill unarmed deaf, mute man using sign language

1. This is awful
    2. You are posting an article from Shaun King, a total fraud. Find another source then repost for a credibility boost

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

How are cops using deadly force against people who pose no physical threat to them?

Aside from the obvious sadness of this guy getting killed this cop is gonna wind up costing the city millions of dollars in compensation. Money that could be better spent.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

OP is a retard. He wasn't killed over a speeding violation. He was killed in part because of his stupidity to run from the cops over a speeding violation, a 7 mile chase. Might have been partly the cops fault, but it was definitely the deaf guy's fault as well. Bad things happen when you run from cops, when will we stop feeling sorry for Darwin award winners?

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    OP is a retard. He wasn't killed over a speeding violation. He was killed in part because of his stupidity to run from the cops over a speeding violation, a 7 mile chase. Might have been partly the cops fault, but it was definitely the deaf guy's fault as well. Bad things happen when you run from cops, when will we stop feeling sorry for Darwin award winners?
    Running from cops shouldn't get you killed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong

I didn't write the article asshole. Take it up with the author.

Quote Originally Posted by I know you are
    Running from cops shouldn't get you killed either.
    Generally, only those with a reason to run actually run...

If they've got a reason to run, it can be presumed they are more likely to be aggressive. That presumption is backed by the fact that somehow the police cruiser sustained moderate damage at some point.

Also, the deaf dude had bee found guilty of resisting arrest once before (and charged with larceny and another similar charge dismissed), so it's not like he saw lights and had no clue what was happening.

I'd have to see some video but it sounds like every other case of 'cop shot too soon'... which means there are 1,000 variables one side of the story leaves out.

One thing I don't like is that Shaun King has a tendency to sensationalize for the sake of it. I don't know if he truly believes in the slant in which he reports or if he's doing it on purpose to get clicks. But it's definitely there.

However there is a real issue with deadly force and how it's employed by officers.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Generally, only those with a reason to run actually run...

If they've got a reason to run, it can be presumed they are more likely to be aggressive. That presumption is backed by the fact that somehow the police cruiser sustained moderate damage at some point.

Also, the deaf dude had bee found guilty of resisting arrest once before (and charged with larceny and another similar charge dismissed), so it's not like he saw lights and had no clue what was happening.

I'd have to see some video but it sounds like every other case of 'cop shot too soon'... which means there are 1,000 variables one side of the story leaves out.
    I'm not saying the guy is innocent, but he didn't deserve to be shot and killed. Just because somebody who runs are more likely to be aggressive does not give cops permission to murder them. They pull a gun or something, sure. But simply running shouldn't equal death.

Quote Originally Posted by I know you are
    I'm not saying the guy is innocent, but he didn't deserve to be shot and killed. Just because somebody who runs are more likely to be aggressive does not give cops permission to murder them. They pull a gun or something, sure. But simply running shouldn't equal death.
    I never said it did...

But you have to understand that behaving like someone who likely has a gun is going to make the officers treat you as if you likely have a gun.

And doing shit like leading a cop on a 7 mile chase after an argument on the side of the road doesn't paint a pretty picture for you. Especially after you were charged with resisting once before.

So, once you do stop, if you do some crazy shit like try to run or act nuts... you're probably gonna get shot. If you stop, get out with your hands up, and do exactly like you're instructed, chances are pretty ****ing likely you're gonna be A-OK.

A cop doesn't know you from me or anyone else... All they see is you have a record and you're being a dickhead.

Also... running = death when there's an inherent danger to the public; its perfectly legal, and should be that way. My guess is this guy put a lot of peoples lives in danger when he was blazing through neighborhoods for no ****ing reason. If they didn't want to be shot, they know what they need to do.

apologists

Banned

An automobile is a deadly weapon. This is what they say about drunk drivers therefore it should be no different for anyone else running from the cops.

High speed chases can get very dangerous.

the apologist mentality that defends police is scarier than the police itself.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    apologists

Says the Hillary supporter

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Says the Hillary supporter
    youre a trump supporter. you fall under the category of uneducated white males. who are you laughing at?