Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Remember when some of you said Curry was better than Jordan and Kobe ever was?

No seriously though

Good college starter

Default Re: Remember when some of you said Curry was better than Jordan and Kobe ever was?

Kobe has some bad finals as well.

You mean Jordan

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Remember when some of you said Curry was better than Jordan and Kobe ever was?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons

You mean Jordan
    Doesn't matter. He's not better than peak Kobe was

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons

You mean Jordan
    Kobe had 2 bad Finals total. 08 and 04. 00 doesn't count because he was intentionally injured and clearly inferior to Shaq anyway, yet he still played through it and came up with clutch games when they needed it.

Only the idiots at ISH and ESPN try to make the 6-24 game 7 vs The Celtics out to be his entire series stat line. 2010 is actually one of Mamba's better Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Kobe had 2 bad Finals total. 08 and 04. 00 doesn't count because he was intentionally injured and clearly inferior to Shaq anyway, yet he still played through it and came up with clutch games when they needed it.

Only the idiots at ISH and ESPN try to make the 6-24 game 7 vs The Celtics out to be his entire series stat line. 2010 is actually one of Mamba's better Finals.
    Kobe's 6/24 has been better than any Curry game so far this Finals

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

People love to mention Jordan with others in the process of hating on a third party. And its rarely like....Jordan and Russell....or Jordan and Kareem. Its always Jordan...and someone who doesnt themselves compare....compared to a third party fairly similar to the inferior guy grouped with MJ. I assume Jordan is there to add credibility to the statement as a whole. But you see shit like "Kobe cant ____ like Jordan and Lebron" or "Kobe and Jordan ______ so why cant _____" and shit like that.

Jordan doesnt need to be in most of these things at all.

Kblaze was one of the main culprits btw.

"Curry may be the greatest offensive player Ive ever seen"

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Curry's not better than either as of right now, and likely will never reach Jordan's level, but he's obviously injured.

We don't hold Kobe's finals against the Pacers against him because he was injured.

Brief investigation finds me saying 4 people are arguably the best offensive player ever. Magic, Bird(several times), Jordan, and Wilt. I suspect I may have said it of Kareem but cant find proof. Not that people need your actual words to quote you.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    People love to mention Jordan with others in the process of hating on a third party. And its rarely like....Jordan and Russell....or Jordan and Kareem. Its always Jordan...and someone who doesnt themselves compare....compared to a third party fairly similar to the inferior guy grouped with MJ. I assume Jordan is there to add credibility to the statement as a whole. But you see shit like "Kobe cant ____ like Jordan and Lebron" or "Kobe and Jordan ______ so why cant _____" and shit like that.

Jordan doesnt need to be in most of these things at all.
    You hate Kobe.

We get it.

Off the top of my head....of the top 15ish players ever....the only ones nobody ever told me I hated? Magic, Bill Russell, and Kareem. Somehow...some way....someone thought an argument I had meant I hated all the rest. I still have a Jordan poster I bought in 1989 and kept on the closet door of my bedroom at my grandmas house. But ive been told I hate him too. Favorite player ever. I hate him though. They told me I hated Tim Duncan on here around 02 during the Duncan/KG mvp arguments. Thats the nature of emotional forum posters. Fans in general really. I supposedly hated Shaq in the 90s when I was a bit salty the Magic knocked the Bulls out.

If you make an effort to be reasonable and talk to a lot of people who have an emotional connection to someone....in the end they come to think you hate them. Or maybe that you love them if they hate them. I had like 3 people flip out on me earlier this year talking about I love Kobe and wont allow criticism of him.

Hard to avoid at this point. If youre anywhere near the middle the people on the fringe think youre too far from them.

I'll concede that Curry is a better shooter than both. That I won't argue with. But both Kobe and Mike impacted the game in so many ways. Even overall offensively I'm not sure if Curry is better than them in the regard that when their shot wasn't falling they had the ability and footwork to find other avenues to score. Curry doesn't do that it would seem most games and he isn't built physically strong enough to get down like that. I don't know. People believed in the hype.

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    You hate Kobe.

We get it.
    i think thats been pretty obvious to most of us for a while now. call him out on it and you get 3 pages of text to decipher after.

I did (Kobe), and I have to apologize.. I never imagined Curry would shrink and shrivle for such an extended amount of time...

he just never gave off that vibe.

He seemed like a 'always' confident type of guy, a killer, who just keeps on burning you as he rains 3's and sick crossovers no matter the moment...

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    You hate Kobe.

We get it.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=409807