Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Cool Why you DISS certain NBA players

Ball up and tell us why you diss a player out right

I'll start :

I am not fond of Curry. He'd rather IMO take a 40 foot shoot and miss, and the crowd goes 'ooohhhhhhh' then to play with his team , make layups , challenge big men, and post up. (I feel he is the "darling" of the league that appears soft)

Ginobli is another - can you just retire or what , so tired of old players trying to 'HANG on for one last season" .

Ball up - tell us why you diss a player or players..

Default Re: Why you DISS certain NBA players

Don't have anything against any of these players but I love using some of their weaknesses/low-points in their careers to make their stans mad.

I usually hit open layups

After the Jordan and Kobe era, all these "superstars" are soft. You have a genetic monster called Lebron James, but this fago still whines and flops ALL THE TIME!

James Harden no defense and stupid looking beard, flopping. Chris Paul fago flopping, crying when you're one of the best point guards ever.

Man the fvck up.

Mostly for the stans reactions

I rule the local playground Klay 3D's Avatar

I diss on:

Lebron because he's a fake. Manufactured superstar led by the media who mindfcks the low bball IQ fans with numbers. Protected by the league to be the next Jordan when he clearly travels, stiff arms, and fouls but are uncalled. Lies about the dunk contest, the #23, his hairline, etc. Salty about Wade's all-star MVP, 2011 FMVP, Curry's MVP, etc. 6'8" 260 but gets punked by JJ Barea, Jason Terry, Mario Chalmers, etc. No culpability. Handpick teammates and coaches but blames them. Does mistakes on the court but confronts a teammate for it. Even blames A/C...wears check my stats shirt and gets mad when teammates "steals" his rebounds when he's padding for a triple double. Flops but calls out other players for it. Even his own ex-teammate that he supposedly "love". There's a bunch of other sh!t but the worst one is that he plays for stats and fame. Everything he ever does is thought out and implemented in a business perspective instead of prioritizing the love of the game. He only plays his Lebrand of basketball or else he checks out.

Haren because he looks disgusting and plays no D.

Bran for the whole "King" James thing "chosen 1" and his style of play over the past few seasons. Walking off the court when he was younger yet being the leagues most prized possession. "The Decision" just made poking fun a mandatory from then on.

don't really have hate for anyone besides steve blake. I'll criticize them when someone is stanning them too hard or he's getting compared to someone much better like most people here.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_Shaq
    Mostly for the stans reactions
    major yarp.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    don't really have hate for anyone besides steve blake. I'll criticize them when someone is stanning them too hard or he's getting compared to someone much better like most people here.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    if you're ever on reddit you get the reference

College superstar

My disliking of certain players is, at least with the star players, because of media narrative. If I feel like they are going out of their way to prop up a player and how aesthetic, or whatever, his game is rather than how good he is... or even blowing that out of proportion... I hate that player.

Has nothing to do with the player, and everything to do with the media attention that is completely out of their control.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    if you're ever on reddit you get the reference
    No, unfortunately I'm not. My buddy sends my links from time to time, and the conversations are really great... but I don't like the format. I like the 1990s version here. No frills.

I rule the local playground

Flopping.

It disrespects the game of basketball and all the tough players that have played the game. Just stop it.

Decent playground baller Hizack's Avatar

When some players do this shιt and this shιt and this shιt, it's hard not to diss them.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    No, unfortunately I'm not. My buddy sends my links from time to time, and the conversations are really great... but I don't like the format. I like the 1990s version here. No frills.
    well then it's just an ongoing joke there that steve blake is the biggest asshole in the league. Quotes like "Steve Blake steals one sock out of people's laundry every week" that can be pretty hilarious. I like the discussion there better too since it helps that bad trolls get downvoted. It's mostly younger people so some will complain about recency bias and people overreact game to game. Discussion's still much better however and some people will post really great content(play analysis etc).