Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: How is it in 2011 people are still doing the "Oh well Horry has ___ rings" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    and didnt 70% of fans on ESPN vote Kobe as the player of the decade in 2009
    That list had LeBron James #2. Kobe was coming off a championship season.

How much credit are you going to give that ?

Shaq and Duncan were better in that decade than Kobe was.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: How is it in 2011 people are still doing the "Oh well Horry has ___ rings" thing?

I don't see what's the issue here. You guys might think that winning 7 rings is an accident, well I don't. Everything happens due to actions and circumstances, and even though circumstances have not been particularly pleasant for whoever you're mad about(may it be LeBron, Wade, Rose, etc.), maybe their actions just haven't been as influencing. What I mean, is that Horry earned those 7 rings by making big time contributions in his role to those 7 championship teams and if people always give examples of Morrison>LeBron because of rings, then it just seems ignorant. I'm not saying Morrison is better, of course not, what I mean is that you have to look and championships as a certain level of understanding winning basketball. It's no coincidence Iverson didn't win a championship and it's no coincidence Duncan won 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    That list had LeBron James #2. Kobe was coming off a championship season.

How much credit are you going to give that ?

Shaq and Duncan were better in that decade than Kobe was.
    Shaq and Duncan?

Kobe helped Shaq win 3 of them, the won another by himself, and shaq was irrelavant since 07
    Duncan, just no

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Yeah and who wins ? Teams win.

Individually, you have to guage how well they performed in those championship runs and finals runs. Just because the team didn't win does not erase what a player contributed to his team. You can't just say they mean nothing when they actually went all-out to win games. You can't say they didn't perform to win. It's other around or the other team just pulled it out. It takes nothing away from the best individual on either side.

The ultimate prize is won by teams and the leader/best performer gets the lion share of that credit for those championship.
    Yes teams do win. Winning is a team accomplishment. And we are in agreement as far as the best players getting most of the credit.

But we are speaking from a fan's perspective who look at stats, margins and others things. I'm not saying to not give guys credit when they play well and lose, but in THEIR minds, that's what matters most. You think Wade sat at home after Game 6 last year and said, "Yeah, I shot over 50% and averaged this many points." No. He says, "Damn man we lost and I want to win."

I mean, even when playing in a pickup game. I'm sure you don't care about how much you score or how well you shoot as long as it doesn't affect your chance to win. I know I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I forget, what did Kobe do against the Mavericks last year? Who got farther in the playoffs last year?
    they both played Dallas and lost

Lebron had a 27/7/5 teammate
    Kobe had a 13/9/4 teammate

NBA lottery pick

I forget, what did Kobe do against the Mavericks last year? Who got farther in the playoffs last year?
    at least he wasn't the third leading scorer on his own team -_- thats an embarrassment

It's almost as old as the Scalabrine jokes RRR still uses

That's wonderful. Horry is not even top 500 all time.
    #202 right now

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...horryro01.html

Robert Horry is the absolute posterchild for rankings being influenced by rings instead of "production". Why the clowns with ringless heros continue to cite him as some sort of counterpoint is beyond me.
    Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot; 10-20-2011 at 02:34 PM.

At least the Heat didn't get swept.
    Lakers didnt have Wade

NBA lottery pick

At least the Heat didn't get swept.
    thank god for wade

LeBron was the best player in game 1. That's one win right there.
    if you actually watched the game, Wade hit all the big shots in the 4th
    Wade was the better player
    go back yourself and check the 4th quarter highlights of gm 1

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    kobe is top 10, its not even arguable
    And he has the rings to prove it.

I did watch the game, and no Wade wasn't better. Shut up already.
    go check the highlights, Wade was the man in gm 1 in the 4th

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I dont know why everything gets Kobe related. People say this bullshit about a lot of players. But Kobe has been mentioned so this is now a Kobe topic and.......**** it.
    Yeah, moronic Kobe haters about to ruin yet another thread. Shocking.