Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-08-2007, 12:39 AM   #16
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

Default Re: Yes or No? Will Mitch Kupchak ever sign an all star caliber free agent in his car

Oh, yeah, and because we didn't have any picks in 2001 he signed Slava Medvedenko instead. Genius!

I forgot Kareem Rush. He had one good game against Minnesota in the playoffs and he's been really good at wearing his welcome out everywhere since.
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:56 AM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica

Default Re: Yes or No? Will Mitch Kupchak ever sign an all star caliber free agent in his car

Quote:
Oh, yeah, and because we didn't have any picks in 2001 he signed Slava Medvedenko instead. Genius!
slava came on in 2000 he was a west guy...
west was with the lakers until the end of the 2001-2002 season
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 AM   #18
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

I stand corrected on Slava.

Jerry sure ****ed that one up.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:14 AM   #19
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Jerry sure ****ed that one up.
lol

when you draft as late in the draft as that its always a crap shoot on who's gonna be good, bad or not in the league in 3 years...look at some of the great 2nd round picks that have popped up over the years compared to some of the really bad mid to late first rounders...
Old 11-08-2007, 01:30 AM   #20
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

Yeah, you're right, drafting late is tough, but we've only managed to pick up one starter since Mitch tookover. That's not outstanding, considering how some other teams have fared with low picks - San Antonio, for instance. And as crazy as it sounds, the Knicks with Lee, Balkman, Ariza etc. Cavs got Gibson, Varejao, Pavlovic.

It still annoys me that he took Vujacic ahead of Ariza. I guess you could argue that Turiaf was a steal. I wish Cook would disappear. I don't what he brings other than 6 weeks of good shooting every season, which seems to happen randomly, before he falls back to the bench. Jury's out of Farmar, as far as I'm concerned. He couldn't take Smush's job last season, which is a worry.

EDIT: The Jazz had Pavlovic first. I'm not doing all that well in this thread. Maybe I should lay off dissing Mitch.

Last edited by 32MJ32 : 11-08-2007 at 01:38 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 AM   #21
gts
Sons of Antartica

turiaf, walton, bynum, javaris, farmar, i'm ok with, not star material right off the bat, but each one of them can become a valuble member of the team

yeah cook was a hard one, he was the 24th pick big ten scoring champion seemed like a safe pick but seems to actually get worse each year instead of better.. once again it just goes to show that once you get past the 15th player in the draft it can go either way

jerry west once said in an interview, if you can get one player that can help the team within the next 3 years it was a good draft... that was when he had a stcked roster so it actually didn't matter if he found a good pick, but the point still stands

Quote:
considering how some other teams have fared with low picks - San Antonio, for instance.
well the thing is with a team like san antonio, first off they may have one of the best scouting teams in the league, if they are not the best they gotta be a close second..secondly when your as deep as the spurs you can afford to gamble on that player that everyone else may like but will pass up because of some quirk or something, the guy maybe a great shooter but he's slow or can't jump...the spurs can and do gamble on those guys and they end up panning out for them

Last edited by gts : 11-08-2007 at 01:46 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: