Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: The 76ers officially trade 2 second round-picks for ISH Smith

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=273972

[QUOTE=GOBB]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    You guys just overpaid anyways jackass. You gave up 2 2nd rounders for a backup.[/qupte]

2nd rd picks = crap shoot. The majority of 2nd rd picks actually work discussing is small. I challenge you to list the past 3 drafts of second rd picks worthy of discussing. I'll start you off...

1. Jordan Clarkson

Then what I'll do is take the total number of 2nd rd picks and compare them to your final list.

OR we can bypass that and you accept yet another L in your life? You're really going to sit here and talk about second rd picks when Sixers have 3 first rd picks next draft? Where out of all the collecting of 2nd rd picks Hinkie has done we are left with just rookie Holmes and second year player Jerami Grant?

But it's your call how bad you want to get owned here. I feel like I'm on COD and facing a xmas noob.

Why? We gave him an offer BETTER than the one he took in Wash. Again you refuse to acknowledge that dipshit.

Second what NBA franchise gave a journeyman triple their worth? What NBA franchise gave a player triple their worth? You dont even make sense. You're just spewing nonsense because you did not know the Sixers offered him a deal and he rejected it. You ASSumed Sixers let him walk into free agency by not attempting to keep him only to turn around and trade for him.

That pain in your chest is the L being tattooed on your chest. Wear it well.

No they traded for a guy who will probably have a better time running Antoni system than what we have. So you go with Ish Smith/Kendall Marshall. You act like Sixers have better options at PG. Ish worked well with Noel who prior to this trade was having a bad season. Ish first game and Noel looks like he did last season when Ish came aboard. Coincidence?

Sixers have 3 first rd picks potentially 4 if Lakers pick is given up.
    Sixers will have 2 first rd picks in 2017 draft if Lakers pick isnt given up in 2016.

Whats my point? That losing a pair of second rd picks isn't the end of the world regardless how long Ish Smith is here for.

Huh?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4305/ish-smith

Thats Ish Smith career. 11 teams in 5 years. He's on pace to break Jim Jackson journey man record. He's a career backup at best. Do you even understand what that means? His upside is a backup PG, his most likely spot is 3rd PG on a depth chart. Check his stats and try to argue he is worth overpaying times 3. You now sound like an idiot.

How many L's did you take in this reply? Man I lost count.
    You're so dumb you don't even know your own GM's plan. Hinkie's whole plan is getting a shit ton of draft picks and then rolling the dice on them.
    The 2nd round is by no means a good way to get talent, but it's good to just take a look. The 2nd rounders were pretty high too but it is pretty much a crapshoot. Since we're naming notable 2nd rounders in the last couple years:
    Clarkson
    Allen Crabbe
    Canaan
    Jokic
    Josh Richarson

"wahhh wahhh why overpay"
    Because you can you ****ing moron. They're $11m under the cap. They are under the minimum, it's not like you keep the money, you're going to have to give it to the players anyways. So now... you gave up 2 picks for a backup that you could have signed by tripling his money. He's not turning down 3-3.5m guaranteed. Losing the picks isn't the end of the world but if he was that valuable you could have just overpaid and kept him and there'd be no issue.
    You're even helping my point, the Sixers gave up 2 picks for a career journeyman

Gobb reeks of desperation of trying to sound young and hip with the whole "L" talk.

Anyway Gobb wants to word it at the end of the day sixers fuked up, I personally would've kept the picks and played out the rest of the season. It doesnt matter if we have 3-4 first rounders those 2nds still help and we couldve gotten something way better than Ish.Why give up 2 picks for a guy who doesn't want to play here and won't help us enough to be a legimate team.I might be wrong but we could've picked him up off waivers before Pelicans? This is clearly a Colengelo/Dantoni/Brown move more than a Hinkie move. I don't see Hinkie staying around next year after this trade just goes to show us how much power he has lost.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I'm in morocco on vacation so I haven't been able to see any of this shit but I'll throw my two cents in here. Things are so bad for the Sixers that I actually think having Ish Smith on the team is a good thing. I said as much in a thread about Hinkie when Colangelo was hired and I said I was annoyed that they let him go. Not becuase he's good, I mean he's not really good. He did however mesh well with Noel and really helped Noel offensively. He sucks on D but so does the rest of their backcourt. I DONT CARE ABOUT TWO SECOND ROUND PICKS. They are for the next two seasons and the Sixers have potentially four first round picks this year so I'm not that concerned. Yes I understand that they probably may have just been used as assets in a trade but I imagine that Hinkie will take on some salary at the deadline to get one of them back. The Sixers are a team filled with shitty second round picks and with other second rounders playing in the D league and abroad so I'm not concerned at all. People freaking out about them giving up two second rounders have to realize that for every Draymond Green and Jordan Clarkson there are a million dudes who never get past a summer league roster. It no big deal. It was a mistake allowing him to walk in the first place. Hey, I'm just happy Wroten is gone he was awful before his injury and now he's even more awful. If only Caanan was gone I would be tickled pink.

Self proclaimed legend arguing against somebody that basically saying 2 2nd round picks would be worth between a million and 2 million in salary.

Those picks are worth that. More than that. Even if you just straight sold them they're worth double of that.

Just saying we couldve gotten more for Denvers 2nd rounder this year and our 2nd rounder next year.We've been giving up more to get those 2nd rounders than Ish is worth and didn't we trade Evan Turner Hawes and Thaddeus for a 2nd rounders?

[QUOTE=Jameerthefear]
    You're so dumb you don't even know your own GM's plan. Hinkie's whole plan is getting a shit ton of draft picks and then rolling the dice on them.
    The 2nd round is by no means a good way to get talent, but it's good to just take a look. The 2nd rounders were pretty high too but it is pretty much a crapshoot. Since we're naming notable 2nd rounders in the last couple years:
    Clarkson
    Allen Crabbe
    Canaan
    Jokic
    Josh Richarson
    So you're struggling to give me just 5 names over there? My point proven.

The Sixers have 3 first rd picks next draft. How many roster spots will they have again?

But you're upset they didnt keep a second rd pick.

"wahhh wahhh why overpay"
    Because you can you ****ing moron. They're $11m under the cap. They are under the minimum, it's not like you keep the money, you're going to have to give it to the players anyways. So now... you gave up 2 picks for a backup that you could have signed by tripling his money. He's not turning down 3-3.5m guaranteed. Losing the picks isn't the end of the world but if he was that valuable you could have just overpaid and kept him and there'd be no issue.
    You're even helping my point, the Sixers gave up 2 picks for a career journeyman
    You sound like a kid detached from reality. Stop watching so much anime.

You do not overpay for Ish Smith. Only an idiot like yourself would think you should. Sixers gave up 2 picks where in 3-4 years we look back and its meaningless. Then what? They are 2nd rd picks idiot. How many do you think make this roster 3 years in on the Hinkie plan? I'll wait

Oak
    Noel
    Holmes
    Embiid
    Cov
    Nik S
    Canaan
    J.Grant
    J.Sampson

That's 9 players and you have 3 first rd picks, potentially 4 if Lakers comes over. Where is the room for the second rd picks again?

The whole idea behind stockpiling 2nd rd picks when many said "you cant even use them to field the roster because there will be no room" was for trade options.

You bring in Jerry, you bring in Antoni and Antoni is being said to be the one who asked for Ish Smith.

"Nah sorry can't do it because we need our second rd picks"

I'm going to flush the toilet because I've sat on this toilet long enough shitting on u.

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    Just saying we couldve gotten more for Denvers 2nd rounder this year and our 2nd rounder next year.We've been giving up more to get those 2nd rounders than Ish is worth and didn't we trade Evan Turner Hawes and Thaddeus for a 2nd rounders?
    Got more like what? You're really over valuing second rd picks. Stop it.

Look how many second rd picks Sixers had last draft. How many are on this team? Do you even know who the Sixers drafted in the 2nd rd without googling?

Stop it already.

Cali Love

I wouldn't have waived Wroten like that he still got some potential left in him...but Ish does look like he's gonna put up some decent number as the starting point. Still it's weird they gave up 2 picks for a journeyman that didn't want to be in Philly before.

He'll leave anyway

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Self proclaimed legend arguing against somebody that basically saying 2 2nd round picks would be worth between a million and 2 million in salary.

Those picks are worth that. More than that. Even if you just straight sold them they're worth double of that.
    You're an insecure dipshit. Why are you still on this "self proclaimed legend" nonsense? This is what I'll do for you. Use the search function you nitwit and find me where I claimed I am a legend. I'll paypal you $50.

Shitheads still stuck on crap said years ago when Andre Miller was a starter for the Sixers. Move on. Were you that butt hurt back then fella? Let me know I'll apologize to your sensitive ass. Sorry I made you feel inferior as a poster here by saying that years ago. You ok now? Sure? Chances are you're not. Scarred, pretty sad.

Anyway Ish Smith turned down a deal with the Sixers. You guys acting like this is a video game where you do abnormal moronic stuff like overpay for him. How do you even know what Ish Smith wanted? Did he want triple the pay? Did he want a long term deal? Did he want that but not with the SIXERS? You're sitting there speculating when in reality we know he REJECTED an offer then TOOK A NON GUARANTEED CONTRACT. What player does that? One thats been on 11 teams in 5 years. One who shoots under 40% for a career. One who isnt much of a 3pt threat. You kids are killing me how you want to overpay dramatically a journey man PG that played on 3 teams in the past 3 months. Shut thee f*ck up.

ur so absolutely retarded lmao
    you have no idea, the 6ers could have signed ISH for $3m and have the 2nd year a team or player option and IT WOULD HAVE NO EFFECT. "you don't overpay players" HALF THE PLAYERS ON THE SIXERS ARE OVERPAID BECAUSE THEY AREN'T EVEN NBA PLAYERS. You have to reach the minimum cap regardless, they don't get to keep the money, so why not spend it on someone who helped your team and cornerstone player Noel? you're so dense you don't understand this. now, they had to give up 2 picks for someone they could have had for absolutely nothing. this isn't a big deal, no, but it's a poor ownership decision by Hinkie because, again, you overpay Ish and there's absolutely no negative effect. i can't even believe someone would argue this.

You're an insecure dipshit. Why are you still on this "self proclaimed legend" nonsense? This is what I'll do for you. Use the search function you nitwit and find me where I claimed I am a legend. I'll paypal you $50.

Shitheads still stuck on crap said years ago when Andre Miller was a starter for the Sixers. Move on. Were you that butt hurt back then fella? Let me know I'll apologize to your sensitive ass. Sorry I made you feel inferior as a poster here by saying that years ago. You ok now? Sure? Chances are you're not. Scarred, pretty sad.

Anyway Ish Smith turned down a deal with the Sixers. You guys acting like this is a video game where you do abnormal moronic stuff like overpay for him. How do you even know what Ish Smith wanted? Did he want triple the pay? Did he want a long term deal? Did he want that but not with the SIXERS? You're sitting there speculating when in reality we know he REJECTED an offer then TOOK A NON GUARANTEED CONTRACT. What player does that? One thats been on 11 teams in 5 years. One who shoots under 40% for a career. One who isnt much of a 3pt threat. You kids are killing me how you want to overpay dramatically a journey man PG that played on 3 teams in the past 3 months. Shut thee f*ck up.
    Good thing you guys gave up 2 second rounders for him then! Genius move Hinkie!

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    I wouldn't have waived Wroten like that he still got some potential left in him...but Ish does look like he's gonna put up some decent number as the starting point. Still it's weird they gave up 2 picks for a journeyman that didn't want to be in Philly before.

He'll leave anyway
    Sixers gave up 2 2nd rd picks for Wroten whom they waived because he shot poor from FG, 3pt, FT and had more turnovers than field goals made. They included him in a deal for Ish Smith and Pelicans said no thanks.

you have no idea, the 6ers could have signed ISH for $3m and have the 2nd year a team or player option and IT WOULD HAVE NO EFFECT. "you don't overpay players" HALF THE PLAYERS ON THE SIXERS ARE OVERPAID BECAUSE THEY AREN'T EVEN NBA PLAYERS. You have to reach the minimum cap regardless, they don't get to keep the money, so why not spend it on someone who helped your team and cornerstone player Noel? you're so dense you don't understand this. now, they had to give up 2 picks for someone they could have had for absolutely nothing. this isn't a big deal, no, but it's a poor ownership decision by Hinkie because, again, you overpay Ish and there's absolutely no negative effect. i can't even believe someone would argue this.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/PHI.html

Point out half the players overpaid. You stay talking out of your ass.

Love how you dodged the other stuff. Typical when you're way behind in a discussion.

Sources say newly hired Philadelphia 76ers lead assistant Mike 'Antoni is impressed with Smith's abilities and wanted to get him on their roster.