Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: So we do all agree that the Western Conference Finals = NBA Finals this year?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Phoenix isn't on par with those other teams
    That's why they need to tank it up and trade Dragic to the Rockets for that Pelicans lotto pick.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: So we do all agree that the Western Conference Finals = NBA Finals this year?

If the standing is .... #6 Dallas ; #7 San Antonio ; #8 OKC

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    That's why they need to tank it up and trade Dragic to the Rockets for that Pelicans lotto pick.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

the problem i have with the western conference hoarding all the talent, is the following scenario:

somehow the cavs make the Finals because the east is just so darn pathetic.

meanwhile, the west has 5 or 6 teams that are all Finals-capable - no clear favorite, and all very close to one another.

now out of those 6 teams, the cavs get destroyed by 5 of them.

but against one of them, the cavs actually matchup well and the mix of personalities on the Cavs just happens to sync perfectly versus the guys on the other team, and SOMEHOW the Cavs gain momentum and pull it off against the ONE team they happened to matchup well against.

like, there are a lot of good teams out west, but some of them are ridiculously inexperienced at playing high level playoff basketball, let alone the Finals.

it would be better if the west had just one or two juggernauts, where both were easy favorites against the Cavs, rather than 5 or 6 good teams, some of which run the risk of being too inexperienced to close the deal at the highest level.

am i being paranoid?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    the problem i have with the western conference hoarding all the talent, is the following scenario:

meanwhile, the west has 5 or 6 teams that are all Finals-capable - no clear favorite, and all very close to one another.

but against one of them, the cavs actually matchup well and the mix of personalities on the Cavs just happens to sync perfectly versus the guys on the other team, and SOMEHOW the Cavs gain momentum and pull it off against the ONE team they happened to matchup well against.

like, there are a lot of good teams out west, but some of them are ridiculously inexperienced at playing high level playoff basketball, let alone the Finals.

it would be better if the west had just one or two juggernauts, where both were easy favorites against the Cavs, rather than 5 or 6 good teams, some of which run the risk of being too inexperienced to close the deal at the highest level.

am i being paranoid?
    Amazingly so. LeBron lost any chance at passing Jordan after the 2011 Finals. Not so sure why you're still so insecure about him

am i being paranoid?

Goddamn you are insecure as fvck.

am i being paranoid?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    seems simple enough to me - some of the teams capable of making the Finals out West are inexperienced.

so there is a non-negligible chance that the team who makes the Finals from the West is too inexperienced to close the deal once they reach the biggest stage.
    Last edited by 3ball; 12-18-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Barring a miracle, I agree.

Just like when Kobe and the boys were winning titles, the real title is the western conference playoffs as a whole.

am i being paranoid?
    Paranoid? No. A ****** that would kill to go back to the 1990's to rewatch Jordan and slurp on his nuts? Yes.

Saw a basketball once

not if it's OKC vs Cav in final

Banned

It's been like that since 1999 with a few exceptions like 2008 Finals, 2010 Finals, 2011 Finals, 2013 Finals.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

am i being paranoid?
    Lebron got this dude straight shook. At first it was pretty funny but now it's just sad