Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Kobe give up his all star spot this upcoming all-star game?

He will be voted in by kobe worshippers which means someone like a Steph Curry or Westbrook wont make it.He prolly will only play like 10 minutes in the whole game to rest which is just a waste of a roster spot

Default Re: Should Kobe give up his all star spot this upcoming all-star game?

you should definitely give up your ISH account this upcoming second

Kobe being an all star this year is a joke - but so is the concept, so he fits in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    Kobe being an all star this year is a joke - but so is the concept, so he fits in.
    This. Historically bad season yet still an all star

OP should give up on life

Also kobe is dominating the league of course he will be an all star

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    This. Historically bad season yet still an all star
    Historically bad is top 3 in the league in scoring??

Wow you have high expectations, must suck to be a magic fan then

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Historically bad is top 3 in the league in scoring??

Wow you have high expectations, must suck to be a magic fan then
    When was the last time someone top 3 in scoring was shooting under 40%? I think Kobe is making history

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    When was the last time someone top 3 in scoring was shooting under 40%? I think Kobe is making history
    Iverson??

Kobe gives no fu*ks. Big d.ick alpha

Yea lets sit the greatest scoring guard of all time out of the all star game

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

No he shouldn't because the fans vote him in.

Here's what we should do though. Stop counting All-Star starts as big accomplishments. They are very impressive, and a good indicator of generally the better players, but in situations like this is could be wrong. But who really cares? It's a game for the fans, and that's all it should really be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Yea lets sit the greatest scoring guard of all time out of the all star game
    Well yeah Jordan will likely be sitting, he's rich enough to get great seats.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Iverson??

Kobe gives no fu*ks. Big d.ick alpha

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    No he shouldn't because the fans vote him in.

Here's what we should do though. Stop counting All-Star starts as big accomplishments. They are very impressive, and a good indicator of generally the better players, but in situations like this is could be wrong. But who really cares? It's a game for the fans, and that's all it should really be.

I dont think anyone really does count them for much anymore, unless they really need to rely on them to prop up a particular player like melo or kobe.

But the thing is I bet half the people who vote for these things dont even end up watching the game. The allstar game is for basketball fans. Just because 10 year old billy johnson loves kobe and logs in to vote for him, or a million people in china vote for kobe bc they feel like it makes them part of nba curture, doesnt mean the actual bball fans who want to watch the seasons best players play should suffer.

In fact, real fans should BOYCOT the allstar game, until they get a better system! Thats right, boycott the allstar game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I dont think anyone really does count them for much anymore, unless they really need to rely on them to prop up a particular player like melo or kobe.

But the thing is I bet half the people who vote for these things dont even end up watching the game. The allstar game is for basketball fans. Just because 10 year old billy johnson loves kobe and logs in to vote for him, or a million people in china vote for kobe bc they feel like it makes them part of nba curture, doesnt mean the actual bball fans who want to watch the seasons best players play should suffer.

In fact, real fans should BOYCOT the allstar game, until they get a better system! Thats right, boycott the allstar game!!!
    Well I even disagree that it's supposed to be an exhibition of the game's best players that year. It may have started out that way, but it has clearly become an exhibition for the stars. I mean the coaches do a nice job of picking the players that fall through the media cracks and all that, but I think it has become one night where all the stars collide.

You're absolutely right, the basketball nerds like us want to see all the actual best players. But I can't really get mad and say it shouldn't happen because if they are voted in. 10 year old Billy has as much a right to vote and watch his idol play as I do to vote and watch the best players play. I will probably bitter because some deserving players will get in, and they will be bitter because they can lose money on it, but I'll still watch and enjoy the game regardless.

Same way he gave up some cash for better players?