Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anthony Davis will win 2020 MVP

[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]This is such a box score list except when you don

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT

This is such a boxscore list
    Not really.. I stressed winning first, which includes skills that facilitate winning.... also comp, and how they did against said comp.. and their help

except when you don’t like a guys style and then his box score stats mean nothing. [COLOR="Navy"]Like you say you value wings, then why is wilt so high? [/COLOR]
    There's exceptions to every rule.... Wilt's stats are so much better than everyone's in history that it's a justifiable exception

Ultimately, the 60's Celtics needed ten-HOF teams to beat Wilt - literally - Russell had 8-9 HOF teammates on those championship teams, in an 8 team league!!.. .. that's the goat dynasty.. Pettit and Wilt notched wins against them though, and Pettit took them 7 in another year

Also others will point out others on the list so [COLOR="Navy"]I’ll only ask dr.j.[/COLOR] Wat does he do better besides score in transition. Worse shooter even most likely. Superduo with McGinnis was an utter failure honestly. Only won a ring with his eras version of gs with a finals team with toney, Bobby Jones, Maurice cheeks adding moses losing very little
    I could've flip-flopped lebron and Dr. J - they're both kind of suboptimal and lost with stacked squads.. needed shit tons of help, etc

But Dr. J was a comparable athlete to Lebron..... despite no modern training..... Zero weightlifting - ZERO... none of the stuff lebron has -

If Dr. J spent "millions" each year on his body like lebron does, his athleticism would've been otherwordly and goat easily - this is precisely why lebron once called Dr. J the goat
    Last edited by 3ball; 06-16-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Not really.. I stressed winning first, which includes skills that facilitate winning.... also comp, and how they did against said comp.. and their help

There's exceptions to every rule.... Wilt's stats are so much better than everyone's in history that it's a justifiable exception

Ultimately, the 60's Celtics needed ten-HOF teams to beat Wilt - literally - Russell had 8-9 HOF teammates on those championship teams, in an 8 team league!!.. .. that's the goat dynasty.. Pettit and Wilt notched wins against them though, and Pettit took them 7 in another year

I could've flip-flopped lebron and Dr. J - they're both kind of suboptimal and lost with stacked squads.. needed shit tons of help, etc

But Dr. J was a comparable athlete to Lebron..... despite no modern training..... Zero weightlifting - ZERO... none of the stuff lebron has -

If Dr. J spent "millions" each year on his body like lebron does, his athleticism would've been otherwordly and goat easily - this is precisely why lebron once called Dr. J the goat
    I was giving dr.j the benefit of the doubt with transition even though he’s great there. Lebron is a better passer shooter and defender. And by this logic shouldn’t wilt or Russell be easily the goats. They had comparable athleticism to other later great centers. Shouldn’t Oscar be like top 5-10 with his otherworldly stats, stellar athleticism for his era, and the Celtics needing 8 hofers(this is exaggeration btw to discredit Russell). Shouldn’t Kareem be like top 5 at least for his stats and athleticism too . Inconsistent as hell criteria

You do realize it’s easier to have 8 hofers in a 8 team league since the nba didn’t increase the number of all star or all-nba selections to match the increase in player pool. 8 hofers sounds crazy(this is exaggeration from u to discredit Russell btw) but even on .500 teams, wilt and Russell had like 2-3 hof teammates

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You've never even watched Anthony Davis. You are just going on about how good he is now because you want to discredit LeBron if the Lakers win the championships. You will basically be making post sucking Davis off all season long for this reason. You're pathetically transparent, bro.

[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]I was giving dr.j the benefit of the doubt with transition even though he

Picking up a lottery team from the ashes.. all the stars align

I'm a Rich Paul playa hata but goddamn he did good for his client on this one..
    But I thought LeBron makes his teammates worse?

National High School Star

1) MJ
    2) Wilt
    3) Bird
    4) Magic
    5) Kobe
    6) Kareem
    7) Shaq
    8) Russell
    9) Duncan
    10) Durant
    11) Hakeem
    12) Bob Pettit
    13) Moses
    14) Dirk
    15) Dr. J
    16) Lebron

Let me know if you have any questions on anyone above.. I'm happy to provide backup for every ranking

I generally ranked dominant wings over dominant bigs, because bigs generally need more help

I think also Isiah, Garnett, Malone, Barkley and others would win more rings with the help Lebron had.. but the guys listed ahead of lebron above DEFINITELY win more with the same help and circumstance
    Dr J, who won one NBA ring, as arguably the 4th best player on his team, is greater than lebron. Right.

Durant, who literally needed to join the league's best team to win a ring, a team that made the finals in 2015, 2016 and 2019 without him, is top 10?

As if we need any more incentive to completely disregard everything you post.

Where do you rank Pippen?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    But I thought LeBron makes his teammates worse?
    He turns them into play-finishers, which AD already is

Lebron has never teamed up with a player like AD that fits his narrow ball-dominant skill set perfectly.. it's scary as a 20-year laker-hater.. i literally hated the Lakers since they beat the blazers in 2000 when potty pippen let young whipper-snapper Kobe school the crap out of him

Anyway I digress

This is a great fit; one of the only great fits for lebron in the league.. great shooters like kyrie or durant would be a good fit too, but they aren't pure play-finishers like AD... And i'm aware that AD can iso too and has some skill, but he's gets assisted on 75% of his buckets - kyrie 25%... KD about 50%... Like, that's how much better a fit AD is

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He turns them into play-finishers, which AD already is

Lebron has never teamed up with a player like AD that fits his narrow ball-dominant skill set perfectly.. it's scary as a 20-year laker-hater.. i literally hated the Lakers since they beat the blazers in 2000 when potty pippen let young whipper-snapper Kobe school the crap out of him

Anyway I digress

This is a great fit; one of the only great fits for lebron in the league.. great shooters like kyrie or durant would be a good fit too, but they aren't pure play-finishers like AD... And i'm aware that AD can iso too and has some skill, but he's gets assisted on 75% of his buckets - kyrie 25%... KD about 50%... Like, that's how much better a fit AD is
    So are you ever going to explain how Kevin Durant is top 10, but LeBron is 16 and how Kobe is top 5, but kareem isn't? You this scared about being laughed off the board?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieSteve
    Dr J, who won one NBA ring, as arguably the 4th best player on his team, is greater than lebron. Right.

Durant, who literally needed to join the league's best team to win a ring, a team that made the finals in 2015, 2016 and 2019 without him, is top 10?

As if we need any more incentive to completely disregard everything you post.

Where do you rank Pippen?
    Lebron has teamed up with superstars THREE times now, compared to Durant's 1 time

And the Warriors weren't the best team in 2016 (lost the championshio) - infact, they were barely.500 in the Finals (7-6) until Durant made them unbeatable.. Then he got hurt and they went back to barely winning in the Finals again... So Durant is legit and proved his worth

Regarding Dr. J/Lebron, I could've flip-flopped them and put lebron ahead - they're both insane athletes, but kind of suboptimal skill-wise and lost with stacked squads.. needed shit tons of help, etc

And I just think Dr. J had zero modern training and zero weightlifting - yet Dr. J was a comparable athlete to Lebron.. probably a better natural athlete

And Pippen - he's comparable to Paul George, but worse scoring.. so idk, where does George rank all-time?.. maybe move Pippen up a few spots for winning rings with the goat, or maybe not.. depends on how you look at it
    Last edited by 3ball; 06-16-2019 at 01:09 AM.

So are you ever going to explain how Kevin Durant is top 10, but LeBron is 16 and how Kobe is top 5, but kareem isn't? You this scared about being laughed off the board?
    Generally, dominant wings need less help than dominant bigs

Shaq needed peak Kobe, Wade, and Penny to win Finals, while Kobe needed Pau...

Kareem won 6 rings with 8 all-star teammates (25 appearances), while Kobe won 5 rings with 4 all-star teammates (10 appearances)... Magic won 5 with 5 all-star teammates (20 appearances).. and Russell needed the most help of all - 7 HOF casts to win his rings

Dominant wings are simply more skilled, control the action more, and generally need less help - so I ranked guys like Kobe, Magic and Bird over Kareem/Shaq/Duncan/Russell..

And I rank Durant over Lebron for the same reason I ranked Dirk over Bron - he curb-stomped Bron... twice... .... Give Durant or Dirk a cast with Wade/Bosh and they 3-peat from 11-13', and in more dominant fashion than lebron's squeakers/bailouts.. heck, Dirk was making the Finals from the West with.... nobody.. his casts were complete trash

Generally, dominant wings need less help than dominant bigs

Shaq needed peak Kobe, Wade, and Penny to win Finals, while Kobe needed Pau...

Kareem won 6 rings with 8 all-star teammates (25 appearances), while Kobe won 5 rings with 4 all-star teammates (10 appearances)... Magic won 5 with 5 all-star teammates (20 appearances).. and Russell needed the most help of all - 7 HOF casts to win his rings

Dominant wings are simply more skilled, control the action more, and generally need less help - so I ranked guys like Kobe, Magic and Bird over Kareem/Shaq/Duncan/Russell..

And I rank Durant over Lebron for the same reason I ranked Dirk over Bron - he curb-stomped Bron... twice... .... Give Durant or Dirk a cast with Wade/Bosh and they 3-peat from 11-13', and in more dominant fashion than lebron's squeakers/bailouts.. heck, Dirk was making the Finals from the West with.... nobody.. his casts were complete trash
    lmfao...Durant joining a 73 win team and making the most stacked team of all time because they beat a clearly inferior LeBron Cavs led team? Jesus christ. I knew your response was going to be laughably stupid, but this just takes the cake.

lmfao...Durant joining a 73 win team and making the most stacked team of all time because they beat a clearly inferior LeBron Cavs led team? Jesus christ. I knew your response was going to be laughably stupid, but this just takes the cake.
    Actually, durant outplayed Lebron all 3 times they met in the Finals, significantly

He's better than Lebron, but simply didn't team up as much or stack the deck in a weak conference..

I just don't respect lebron's accomplishments because they required excess talent to cover up his weak teamwork style/skillset, and also required stacking the deck in a conference where Dwight was dragging weak casts to the Finals

Actually, durant outplayed Lebron all 3 times they met in the Finals, significantly

He's better than Lebron, but simply didn't team up as much or stack the deck in a weak conference..

I just don't respect lebron's accomplishments because they required excess talent to cover up his weak teamwork style/skillset, and also required stacking the deck in a conference where Dwight was dragging weak casts to the Finals
    You don't respect him because he's a threat to your hero and you are such a deranged middle aged man it actually matters to you. You are a middle aged man who spends his free time on this shitty board trying to bury a man who plays a game for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty117
    You don't respect him because he's a threat to your hero and you are such a deranged middle aged man it actually matters to you. You are a middle aged man who spends his free time on this shitty board trying to bury a man who plays a game for a living.
    He ain't no threat - MJ tramples that ***** in virtually every poll ever made

Ur just salty that all of lebron's accomplishments are due to stacking the deck in a conference where Dwight was dragging weak casts to the Finals