Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Why has the Kawhi Leonard is the best player in the world talk ceased?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    You are now seeing him play a real defense...

Tbh his passing is very robotic for an area of the game that requires creativity.

He also lacks dexterity slashing, never realized how often he uses the stiff arm.
    His right quad will never be healthy. As a result, he favored his left leg too much and it's resulted in knee issues there. The last time he was 100% was the 2017 playoffs when he put full effort on both ends of the court. His recent playoff run is more Kobe-ish in that he's playing zero defense like the rapist.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Why has the Kawhi Leonard is the best player in the world talk ceased?

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Because of the series he was having against "Antekumpo" he was being talked about as being the best in the world. (By many, not all.) And that was like two weeks ago. Too long ago.
    Giannis was overrated though. Dwight Howard 2.0. Unskilled athletic beast propped up by a coach that put the ideal squad around him. It's embarrassing that he's going to end up league MVP. Worst MVP since Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    Considering Kawhi is playing with a better Pippen according to 3ball I see no excuses

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    I'm a huge fan of Steph but he is not a better overall player than Kawhi. That is just ridiculous.
    He's much better than him. You will see by the end of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    You are now seeing him play a real defense...

Tbh his passing is very robotic for an area of the game that requires creativity.

He also lacks dexterity slashing, never realized how often he uses the stiff arm.
    The way I see it kawhi has an elite body and coordination, but he is not a read and react player. Maybe he is on d. But I think his offense comes from repetition and knowing if x happens then y is probably happening. That's why throwing weird looks at him confuses him. He seems like a guy who watches a lot of tape and has been drilled on what plays to make in certain circumstances. I don't know that he shows creativity in "that way" ever.

But he's clutch, he's strong and athletic and he's a winner.

For instance like in gm 1 when he was on the break and passed to siakam w a one handed flip bounce pass. That was like the weakest on the break pass I've ever seen haha. I was surprised.

I don't even think kawhi has ever felt he's the best player in the NBA like so many of these other guys do. He knows what he can do though and I think he believes in his coaches and that his squad can prevail if he plays the right way.

-Smak