Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Longer than intended video on the issues people have with Harden.

After like 3 years of trying to explain it without the fundamental problems sinking in to some im gonna spare my keys their customary whipping and simply post this in the future:

https://youtu.be/h68lIm3LcaM

None of my thoughts are expressed. Only NBA players, coaches, and legends with accompanying clips and just the slightest hit of my customary douchebaggery.

I dont think I can explain it any better than they did.

They...like I...no doubt know hes an incredible talent and that he could easily explode at any moment this series for 45-55 and steal wins. The sooner his supporters understand that these things dont make him bad at basketball in the eyes of people saying it...just annoying....the better off we all will be.

For now....ill leave the talking to Fisher, Webber, Reggie, Tmac, Kerr, and so on....and drop the issue. I cant explain it any better than they did.

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

Default Re: Longer than intended video on the issues people have with Harden.

Seems like him complaining about officiating has really heightened the public outcry against him.

Fisher's rundown was well delivered.
    Whether he's hooking the arm, going left or right and then up... He's seemingly always trying to create the appearance of a foul.

And when you publically bicker about others.... It's gunna rub folks the wrong way. Especially when a large portion of your game is predicated on drawing bullshit fouls.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

About three minutes in.

Great video.

And the song you put in lol.

Wow the one on Paul George is horrible Completely body wraps him up

Some of those step backs looked like legit fouls though...

Having said that, Harden outchea like

Last edited by SpaceJam2; 04-29-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    About three minutes in.

Great video.

And the song you put in lol.

You have no idea how out of hand it could have been. I had to hold back and restrict the sound clips to keep it halfway professional.

Some of those step backs looked like legit fouls though...
    Thats the problem. He has become so good at pretending he got knocked down....and he does it so often....your standards change like they did with traveling. You see guys take 3 steps on maybe 80% of all layups/dunks now....so you dont even realize it anymore. That was a long time coming. They slowly started ignoring that decades ago and by the 90s you wouldnt see it called often. Now? They just pretend it isnt happening. You break a role often enough...the refs pretend they dont know better. Lebron with the off arm. Durants carry. Ewings across the lane travel fadeaway/hook. Reggie with the leg kick.

Harden is special because he built in flatly illegal moves and exaggerated contact in virtually every part of his game. He travels coming out of the triple threat(as do many people), he flops on any contact, he pushes off with the off arm, he will grab you to pretend you grabbed him, he will take 3....4....5 steps...he will find your arms for contact then pretend you hit him....he will jump forward on shots searching for contact so he can fall.

He does them all at such a rate you simply cant call it all and destroy the game of one of the leagues best players. The NBA wouldnt allow it even if the refs were right. As long as the refs will let you do it breaking the rules is just intelligent. It is. No doubt about it.

But his fans have to understand why fans of basketball look at it and think "WTF....". At what point are you not playing basketball? What makes it basketball if not following the rules of basketball? Long as youre dribbling and shooting its basketball even if you ignore the rules of movement, contact, and so on?

I feel like both sides should be able to be honest about 3 things.

He is cheating the game at a pretty insane rate.

Cheating is smart if you can get away with it and he absolutely should continue if the goal is helping his team win.

Being a cheater doesnt mean hes ineffective.

I dont know how anyone with a speck of honesty could deny any of those things.

Hes a legendary player.

Hes a massive cheater.

Both of those things can be true at the same time.

I just can't watch him play. He doesn't play basketball. He's playing some wwe shit.

Quote Originally Posted by E_Stamkos
    Seems like him complaining about officiating has really heightened the public outcry against him.

Fisher's rundown was well delivered.
    Whether he's hooking the arm, going left or right and then up... He's seemingly always trying to create the appearance of a foul.

And when you publically bicker about others.... It's gunna rub folks the wrong way. Especially when a large portion of your game is predicated on drawing bullshit fouls.

Thats really one of the issues. Hes coming up on Laimbeer territory. Bill Laimbeer was the cheapest player in the NBA and one of the worst floppers....always taking advantage of the refs. But he was also one of the worst whiners. It was like.....how can you be both?

You trick the refs and get away with bullshit all game....how do you blow up when they dont give you a call? Stomp around and cry?

He was so easy to hate....and Harden is going down that path. Dont get a call? Get up and play. The refs gave you 380 questionable ones already. You need one EVERY time or they are out to get you?

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I just can't watch him play. He doesn't play basketball. He's playing some wwe shit.

As I said I dont know when it stops being basketball.

We all agree And-1 wasnt basketball. But some of them didnt do any worse than the NBA allows now.

Nobody is as bad as hot sauce but Harden is essentially Bone Crusher. Hes straight up and 1 style at times. Which may be why he works out with them.....

He just wants to be treated fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    The arm hooking thing should be offensive foul. Holy crap. But the defender's arm extending, like at 3:13 on the vid, seems like a clear foul.

Clear flops need to be penalized though. Like, a significant fine after the game or something.

The foot moving forward on shooting though, everyone does it.

For example, JJ Redick:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPYu6vYp8xM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7coCrkMnTQ

I don't see much difference in them except people are not closing on Redick as hard as they did with Harden. A lot of the calls on this for Harden are actual fouls. I guess Harden baits people to move their body into his shooting area, which is fair play in my book.

A lot of people started doing it when Jamal Crawford mastered falling down to draw a 4 point play. Harden takes 12-18 threes a lot of games though so you might see him try it 6 times a night. As Fisher said hes great at appearing to attempt a genuine shot when its an overt attempt to tangle his feet by jumping slightly forward. You can tell on the ones he misses brutally and goes crazy over not getting the call. That guy is too practiced making contested shots to miss as badly as he does on those obvious searching for a foul situations. Hes not focused on the shot. Hes focused on catching the defender with his left foot and then falling safely. He lands like a feather and never takes a hard spill because he jumps with the intention to fall Jamal Crawford style. People have insane balance when they want to. He falls because it makes the ref call something. Hes the master at making it look legit...but other players see what hes doing. You simply dont fall that easily on such a regular basis even when touched. Hes always straight to the ground. No attempt to catch it and stay up. Its like when Nazr halfway pushed Lebron and he fell 25 feet. You or I wouldnt fall on a tiny shove...unless we wanted someone to see it.

Theres always contact...but he exaggerates it and you know it rubs refs the wrong way knowing they got fooled later. It would piss me off too. Hes getting over on you all night then calling you out over not getting 2-3 calls when hes getting more than anyone? Refs must be crazy bitter about it. You know the refs look at that stat sheet and see the Rockets took 47 threes and still got 30 FTs and want to release a statement saying "Shut the **** up".

I've always wondered why Harden doesn't see the pattern. There's a pattern that has developed over his career. All the flops he gets for 82 games don't work in the playoffs.

He should use the regular season to try winning without legitimate moves. It's like he's studying all the wrong things for a big test. His game actually makes me not want to watch basketball. He's a clown.

Hes right to play this way if only because hes gradually changing the standard to allow more and more of it. Its like Karl malone explained to Playboy in the 80s. He intentionally broke the rules because he knew they wouldnt just foul him out every game. He pushed and pushed to set a new standard for how to officiate him. He admitted he liked seeing how far he could get them to move the line...then moving that line after a whole. It was a premeditated tactic. And it works.

Refs will NOT call you on your shit if you do it all the time because they dont wanna be the story. Refs are like the offensive line. You dont want your name mentioned because its always bad. Nobody sees you stop the guy on 58 plays. They remember him beating you on 4 sacks though. Refs know 4 plays gets them hated even if 160 were fine. They will just...look the other way eventually. If they call Harden for offensive fouls on the arm hooks and leg kicks they would have their lives threatened in Houston and be the biggest story....not the players.

Refs doing their job would be a disaster for them.

And Harden knows it like Malone knew it.

It is absolutely the right thing to do when they will let you do it. Not morally...but to win?

It doesnt work in the playoffs....yet. But it will eventually. The day is coming they will just ignore the manipulation in the playoffs too just like they do traveling.

You see high school kids falling on every 3 and using the off arm and traveling. Youtube videos show how to flop like Harden and push off like Lebron. They call them "moves" and kids learn it.

This is basketball from here on out.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Clippers commentator said it the best, the things Harden do just isn't playing basketball, it's gaming the refs

They are literally teaching kids to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyNO0-AZKFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr4nX3FdDiE

Belegendary 24
    I did it and I had 16 free throws attempts bruh In one game

Great video man, keep up the great work. i love every video and this video was good as well especially for my game.

Tax Fax
    4 months ago
    I got a game tomorrow wish me luck.
    You think those are adults? These are kids adding this shit to their game. You post videos like:

How To Draw Fouls Like JAMES HARDEN *FOR ELITE PLAYERS ONLY*

Kids in middle and high school watch it...and go do it.

In 6-8 years the entire draft class will have come up in the world where this is the most effective way to score....and by then it will be accepted in the playoffs too. James Harden is why every young guard has a step back.

Watch the high end HS tournaments.

All the guards have the Stepdaddy 3 and know how to fall.

Harden is influencing as many kids as Steph.

When the entire league came up doing it what can the league do but neuter its own stars or accept it? And which way do you think that goes? They have tv contracts to negotiate.

If we all went into a coma and woke up in 20 years and watch an NBA game James Harden of today will probably be considered the godfather of modern offense.