Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Undefeated

Default Re: Steph Curry can deadlift 400 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I just lift in my living room, so super basic equipment. Bought the bench from Sears for $50.

I don't lift for strength, but I lift for functionality and fitness. And 12 years ago when I started lifting I never had a lifting partner or a spotter, and I still don't, so I've stayed away from the really heavy lifts like squats and bench.

Deadlift I wouldn't need a spotter, obviously, but I literally don't have enough weight OR a large enough bar to max out. I only have roughly 250 pounds of weight, and my largest bar can only hold 3 plates on each side.

But again, I'm fit and it's a functional fitness. Never cared about heavy lifts.
    good for you man, seriously.

i used to be heavy into lifting just for the sake of having huge muscles. i legitimately had muscle dysmorphia.

these days, i still lift, but im no longer obsessed with every single detail about lifts, like how heavy they are, what specific muscle i need to work, what new exercises i need to do so i dont plateau, eating eating eating, etc.... its ****ing stupid. dumb. im not competing in bodybuilding competitions? from 14-19 i was obsessed with muscularity. now, i realize, its not really that important, at all. and my beautiful face looks better when im cut down and not eating 8000 calories a day. why work hard when your face is flawless?

**** it, ill go do 5 sets of squats and 5 sets of deadlifts and im off to more important things.

for all you dedicated lifters out there... i pity you. i quit before hitting 20, while most of you guys are going strong in your 30's. all that wasted time and i cant imagine the types of chemicals you are putting in your body to compensate the lifestyle.

5-time NBA All-Star

I don't think that's the key to his magic at all. He has great hand eye coordination. While I see plays where I have said he's not as week as he looks, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Westbrook push him around, or Dova effectively use strength on him. Rose played Curry physical at a game this year and it definitely affected Curry in regulation. It could have been an endurance issue but it shouldn't have been in the middle of the season.

Sterling?

every