Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Simple method to get rid of players "wanting out"

Let players who demand to be traded receive a 25% contract penalty.

Non fullfillment of contract.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Simple method to get rid of players "wanting out"

And then the players union demands players traded against their will get a 25% trade boost and they never meet in the middle and theres no season after it.

As with everything it comes down to fans saying "Well its the owners league! Lock em out!" as both sides lose money till they find a rational center. This is it. You will never end players wanting out. And in the NBA one star can make or break a team. A guy getting max money for half effort is a problem. You just make the trade.

We say shit like "Sit him for 2 years!" like its gonna happen in real life. It wont. Not ever. The extreme tactics are just internet talk with no chance of happening in the real world.

It just is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    And then the players union demands players traded against their will get a 25% trade boost.
    Was just about to post this.
    Why is ok for organizations to want out of contracts with players but when the tables turn it’s a cardinal sin?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Stop making threads and basically stop posting entirely. You are a fukking moron and every time we read one of your post our IQ's drop.

Very good NBA starter

[QUOTE=Bankaii]Was just about to post this.
    Why is ok for organizations to want out of contracts with players but when the tables turn it

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

The Chris Paul wanting out, if true, is the most despicable thing since Wade stole $25 million from Chicago by demanding a buyout right after opting in.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

And then the players union demands players traded against their will get a 25% trade boost and they never meet in the middle and theres no season after it.

As with everything it comes down to fans saying "Well its the owners league! Lock em out!" as both sides lose money till they find a rational center. This is it. You will never end players wanting out. And in the NBA one star can make or break a team. A guy getting max money for half effort is a problem. You just make the trade.

We say shit like "Sit him for 2 years!" like its gonna happen in real life. It wont. Not ever. The extreme tactics are just internet talk with no chance of happening in the real world.

It just is what it is.
    All it takes is one GM to look at a player who does a dirty trade request a la Davis and say, '**** you, it's only gonna hurt our team to trade you.' You can hate the GM all you want, but your 3 options are 1) get along with your team and coaches and play, 2) don't play and don't get paid, 3) give up all your money in a buyout and become a free agent (in the case of a bad contract like Paul's).

Based on how angry I get just reading about these situations on the internet, I'd hold my ground; but then again I'm a dude that values principle over realism, most often to my detriment. So I'd never get the job in the first place. Plus the NBA would intervene. So you're right. But I would truly like to see a GM stand up for the principle behind a contract.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    All it takes is one GM to look at a player who does a dirty trade request a la Davis and say, '**** you, it's only gonna hurt our team to trade you.' You can hate the GM all you want, but your 3 options are 1) get along with your team and coaches and play, 2) don't play and don't get paid, 3) give up all your money in a buyout and become a free agent (in the case of a bad contract like Paul's).

Based on how angry I get just reading about these situations on the internet, I'd hold my ground; but then again I'm a dude that values principle over realism, most often to my detriment. So I'd never get the job in the first place. Plus the NBA would intervene. So you're right. But I would truly like to see a GM stand up for the principle behind a contract.

I have to ask something ive asked before. If Davis request is dirty....whats the right way to do it?

Play out this season then walk leaving the team in shambles?

Every time this happens(in modern times at least) the guy who goes by demand gets his team more than the guy who plays the contract out then walks.

You want nothing or the package the Nuggets got for melo(Danillo, Chandler, and multiple picks including Jamal Murray)? You want nothing or what the Pelicans got for Davis? You want nothing or what the Pacers got for George(Oladipo and Sabonis)? You want nothing or what the Warriors got for Chris Webber? They got Tom Gugliotta(lower level all star big) and 3 first round picks one of which was Vince carter(and the other two were top 10...one of which could have been used to draft Kobe, Peja, Nash, or Jermaine Oneal but was used on Todd fuller). The bad ones still result in multiple picks. The Raptors got 2 first rounders for VC. The Nets got 2 and an all star for Kidd.

Demanding a trade with a year or two left when you know youre leaving is the best thing you can do for a team once you get past the hurt feelings.

Davis waits till the trade deadline this year the Pelicans get fleeced. He waits till the offseason they are left in shambles and more likely to lose Zion too.

There is no reason to wait for either player or team....except hurt feelings.

If Lebron had told the Cavs he was gonna walk after 2010....you know what they could have traded him for the summer of 2009?

Maybe anyone in the NBA short of Kobe.

Trade demands are annoying....and the best thing you can do.

Who gets anything out of playing out a deal and walking for nothing?

Where is the win for anyone?

Where is the loss when you trade a superstar instead of him walking? Hell the longer time he has on his deal the more you can get.

Id rather a guy tell me with 2 years left than at the trade deadline with 2 months left in the season.

All that would happen if players couldnt demand out and get it....is the teams they leave being decimated instead of just set back.

op doesnt know that contract needs to be fair in order to be legit.

Why would we want to get rid of it ?

If teams are allowed to trade players, why wouldn't players be allowed to request a trade ?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I have to ask something ive asked before. If Davis request is dirty....whats the right way to do it?

Play out this season then walk leaving the team in shambles?

Every time this happens(in modern times at least) the guy who goes by demand gets his team more than the guy who plays the contract out then walks.

You want nothing or the package the Nuggets got for melo(Danillo, Chandler, and multiple picks including Jamal Murray)? You want nothing or what the Pelicans got for Davis? You want nothing or what the Pacers got for George(Oladipo and Sabonis)? You want nothing or what the Warriors got for Chris Webber? They got Tom Gugliotta(lower level all star big) and 3 first round picks one of which was Vince carter(and the other two were top 10...one of which could have been used to draft Kobe, Peja, Nash, or Jermaine Oneal but was used on Todd fuller). The bad ones still result in multiple picks. The Raptors got 2 first rounders for VC. The Nets got 2 and an all star for Kidd.

Demanding a trade with a year or two left when you know youre leaving is the best thing you can do for a team once you get past the hurt feelings.

Davis waits till the trade deadline this year the Pelicans get fleeced. He waits till the offseason they are left in shambles and more likely to lose Zion too.

There is no reason to wait for either player or team....except hurt feelings.

If Lebron had told the Cavs he was gonna walk after 2010....you know what they could have traded him for the summer of 2009?

Maybe anyone in the NBA short of Kobe.

Trade demands are annoying....and the best thing you can do.

Who gets anything out of playing out a deal and walking for nothing?

Where is the win for anyone?

Where is the loss when you trade a superstar instead of him walking? Hell the longer time he has on his deal the more you can get.

Id rather a guy tell me with 2 years left than at the trade deadline with 2 months left in the season.

All that would happen if players couldnt demand out and get it....is the teams they leave being decimated instead of just set back.
    Not to do it publicly.

Not have your agent publicly say what teams he's not willing to play for reducing trade value.

Not pout and play like a piece of sh*t when he wasn't traded at the deadline.

Not wear snarky tshirts.

I dunno, Davis and RP probably could have handled it a little better.

I think these guys should just learn to s*ck it up. You are getting paid millions to play a kids game and they wanna act like it's so horrible to play for a small market franchise when they are treated like gods. Play out your f*cking contract that you signed.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Not to do it publicly.

Not have your agent publicly say what teams he's not willing to play for reducing trade value.

Not pout and play like a piece of sh*t when he wasn't traded at the deadline.

Not wear snarky tshirts.

I dunno, Davis and RP probably could have handled it a little better.

I think these guys should just learn to s*ck it up. You are getting paid millions to play a kids game and they wanna act like it's so horrible to play for a small market franchise when they are treated like gods. Play out your f*cking contract that you signed.
    To be fair, if I'm a team who's interested in trading for him (or whatever great player) I'm happy to know ahead of time that I'm not giving up the farm "IN HOPES" of him signing when he becomes a free agent. If I'm told up front (like they told Boston) that there's no chance of him signing, then that saves a lot of time for both sides.

OP they could really use your brilliant problem solving skills at the peace negotiations in the Middle East.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    OP they could really use your brilliant problem solving skills at the peace negotiations in the Middle East.
    Good idea, can you call up Kushner and ask if he needs help. He sure could need it.

Give them a 25% bonus for demanding to stay.