Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Can we stop listing Lebron's rebound numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Ah the often repeated media award claim...

Tell me...what group of idiots would give the MVP to someone else when Lebron puts up like 27/8/7 on 57% shooting with 41% from 3 and wins 66 games with 27 in a row?

Or 30/9/7 on those Cleveland teams that won 66 and 61 games with as little talent as has ever been taken to such records?

Who does these things and doesnt...win MVP?

You could argue someone else that year Kobe led the lakers to like 65....but realistically no group of people...media, players, coaches or GMs.....gives anyone else those awards. Not 3 of them at least. So why does it matter who voted?
    He'd actually have a point if he referenced 2008 Kobe.

LeBron though?

GTFOH.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia
    He'd actually have a point if he referenced 2008 Kobe.

LeBron though?

GTFOH.
    Simon pls go.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Simon pls go.
    LeBron UPS his game in the playoffs though kid. Not only was he the regular season KING, but he's been the postseason king since like 2007.

Rings are team awards. LeBron winning a couple didn't change my perception of him at all. He's still the same dominant force he's been since day 1.... regardless of he has good enough personal around him to win a team championship.

Individually? He's the best. There is no argument.

Decent playground baller KnittingRyu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    No dominant rebounder has all the roles James has. On offense Rodman in fact had no role beyond rebounding. And the 20/10 bigs we've seen didn't handle the ball nearly as much as James or set up teammates like James.

Only one player in league history has ever averaged a triple-double.
    I'm just talking about as a rebounder. Not sure why you are talking about everything else that has nothing to do with rebounding. LeBron is an immense player, no doubt about it, but his rebounding isn't as impressive as the numbers indicate.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by KnittingRyu
    I'm just talking about as a rebounder. Not sure why you are talking about everything else that has nothing to do with rebounding. LeBron is an immense player, no doubt about it, but his rebounding isn't as impressive as the numbers indicate.
    Enough of this ***** footing around, he is a worse rebounder than Bargnani, that is straight up awful.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia
    LeBron UPS his game in the playoffs though kid. Not only was he the regular season KING, but he's been the postseason king since like 2007.

Rings are team awards. LeBron winning a couple didn't change my perception of him at all. He's still the same dominant force he's been since day 1.... regardless of he has good enough personal around him to win a team championship.

Individually? He's the best. There is no argument.

Your team also helps decide MVPs.

I wonder whose alt OP is.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    I wonder whose alt OP is.

Markmadsen, or that Lakers fan who became a Warriors fan.

Banned

Enough of this ***** footing around, he is a worse rebounder than Bargnani, that is straight up awful.
    11.3 rebound in playoffs big men numbers right there.

Bargnani avg. 2.8 rebounds in the playoffs.

LeBron 8.8

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings

Your team also helps decide MVPs.
    His numbers were always the best. You can carry your team to a ton of wins in the regular season because you aren't facing the best of the best every night like you are in the playoffs. So LeBron and Durants team can stack up a ton of wins based off their individual excellence but when the postseason starts the better team always prevails. But those guys are still individually dominant and through the eye test one can tell they're on a different level than anyone else.

Perfect example is the 2015 finals. One guy stuck out like a sore thumb and dominated like no one ever has in the finals before. He almost won finals MVP on the losing team.

I'm not even saying there aren't sometimes bullshit regular season MVPs.... because there are. Kobe, for example. And Curry this past year.

It's on the fan to decipher if the individual is creating the wins, or is the team creating the wins.

You see, this past year when Curry won, it was because he was surrounded by the deepest team in the league, who also happened to be well coached. Great example of a bullshit MVP award that is no way indicative of who the best player was.

But all the times Lebron won, it was because he was the best player, and solely responsible for most of the wins. There's no black and white, but smart fans usually figure it out.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I'll tell you what...point out the people who had accomplished more at this point in their career and ill consider if Lebron should be doing something terribly different.

The people exist...but not enough to show hes doing anything wrong. Hes won 2 rings. He should have 3(11). Thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Bargnani avg. 2.8 rebounds in the playoffs.

LeBron 8.8
    He got ethered in this thread over and over again.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I'll tell you what...point out the people who had accomplished more at this point in their career and ill consider if Lebron should be doing something terribly different.

The people exist...but not enough to show hes doing anything wrong. Hes won 2 rings. He should have 3(11). Thats about it.
    The recent finals proved my point. Lebron got multiple isolations. If he had half the post game of Sir Charles he would have murdered those isolations and if he had been half the rebound Sir Charles was then he could have had an actual offensive power forward to play along with him instead of a designated offensive garbage man in TT.

Hes just not that good. Small dick