Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: What will freedom to play basketball do for the Bulls?

they couldn't win last year. don't see them getting any closer this year, though I hope I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    No more hardline practices.

No more knee jerk subs.

No more poor in game adjustments (we hope)

We will probably have a play book outside of top of the key screens for the ball handler. Surely this will help guys like Butler and Mirotic who look to move off the ball?

I think we may even see Doug show that he belongs. An offensive coach will do wonders drawing up plays to get him open.

I can only see positive things for the Bulls this coming season.

My gut feeling is the players will respond well to a less stubborn coach like Hoiberg.
    1st round exit.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I really liked the roster last year, not in terms of it being elite talent, but as far as depth and versatility, and even then openly wondered if Thibs could play with the roster enough to get the most out of it. And although it may have taken some injuries to get it done, he did eventually do it. Mirotic played plenty, and the team did do some interesting things. Probably not as much as I'd hoped to see, but more than I expected.

I think they've got a one year window here where the structure of Thibs' principals will hold up and Hoiberg's free flowing offense can co-exist. But the age and injury risks are probably still to much to really contend.

This year's Heat are sort of like last year's Bulls, in that the roster is deep and flexible, but with a few key unknowns, but I trust Spoelstra to get more out of that than what Thibs did.