Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: if you had a choice to draft jordan or lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    the guy who actually passes and makes his team better.
    Since you are the Definition of Lebrun stan i guess you're talking about him.

How can he make his team better but still be 2/6 while Jordan makes his team worse and is 6/6?

That guy Jordan definetly must be GOAT

Everyone will probably draft lebron over jordan if they don't know he is going to be a ring chasing colluder who flops like a bitch and doesn't have a killer instinct. Doesn't matter though, jordan will go on and prove to the world why picking another person over him is a big no no.

NCAA Champion
    ACC Freshman of the Year
    ACC Player of the Year
    2-tme Consensus All-American First Team
    USBWA College Player of the Year
    Naismith College Player of the Year
    John R. Wooden Award winner
    Adolph Rupp Trophy
    Olympic Gold Medalist

vs

a high school kid

This is a tough choice? Really? REALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    NCAA Champion
    ACC Freshman of the Year
    ACC Player of the Year
    Adolph Rupp Trophy
    Olympic Gold Medalist

vs

a high school kid

And yet, Sam Bowie was drafted in front of him. You do know that your idol was the #3 pick, right?

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

If you don't know how their careers turns out, everyone goes with Lebron. Was just a far better player at a younger age, with more hype.

Not knowing how good the players would pan out to be i do think most would draft Lebron before MJ especially if you compared them at the age of 18 thinking of their potential....

Knowing how good the players would pan out, most would pick MJ i think but i think many would pick Lebron aswell, because ask yourselves, if both players had identical supporting casts throughout their careers... do you really think Jordan would still end up with a more accomplished career? Dont be so sure...

If Jordan played with scrubs his entire career / didnt play with the Bulls, ending up ringless... would you still think he is the GOAT? Ofcourse not.... Why? Isnt he IDENTICALLY the same player? Just because he was not equally benovelent / gifted with amazing supporting casts throughout his career....?

Many forget this notion when thinking about this "Draft Jordan or Lebron" topic... you wont get their teams they had, only them, knowing even how good they will be you will know only how good they will be individually/statistically, but you wont get their teams (90s Bulls / 00s Cavs).... which means one might land a career path of much better supporting casts and hence end up with a much better career and that guy COULD be Lebron..... or they both could have equivalent supporting casts throughout their career and there also i have some serious doubt Jordan could with a guarantee end up with more rings....

Just some logical & impartial thinking.
    Last edited by pauk; 09-15-2015 at 09:02 AM.

MJ-Street Hunger

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    And yet, Sam Bowie was drafted in front of him. You do know that your idol was the #3 pick, right?

#3 pick turned out to be the GOAT?

Someone has to make a movie out of that story

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Give me Shaq. He's the #1 pick all time in a complete redraft of the history of the league. He's arguably the #1 pick in retrospect and he's without question the #1 pick in terms of pre draft hype and upside.

But to answer your question... it depends on what my team needs and if I know how well I'll be able to build going into the future. If it's just a crapshoot on surrounding pieces, give me LeBron. If it's a sure thing that I'm getting a multifaceted arguably GOAT level 2nd option, give me Jordan.

Jordan was such a better individual scorer than LeBron that if your team has everything else, he is without question your pick. Jordan was also far mentally tougher and I would argue a much more relentless competitor.

LeBron is such an all around player that elevates the play of others around him to such a large extent, you can't possibly take Jordan and expect to come out ahead unless you have a really strong supporting cast already or have one lined up.

The answer is... it depends...

the day leKING retires ill stop watching the nba, that being said, i'd take current jordan (52) over current lebron

#kang

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    NCAA Champion
    ACC Freshman of the Year
    ACC Player of the Year
    Adolph Rupp Trophy
    Olympic Gold Medalist

vs

a high school kid

LeBron wasn't just a 'highschool kid'. He was the most sought out, and hyped HS player in the history of the NBA. People were already calling him a Magic Johnson Hybrid, while his senior games were broadcasted by ESPN (when's the last time you saw a highschool game televised by ESPN?)

Sam Bowie was drafted before Jordan. Both of them would have been drafted after LeBron in 2003.

Both available at the same time? You draft Lebron....do you realize that Lebron was arguably the most hyped player ever coming in who had GOAT potential( the last time I recall someone with a similar level was Shaq in 92), and that MJ was projected as a probable all-star who would have a very good career? MJ wasn't projected to be 'MJ' as we now know him.

Honestly if you don't know how they turn out, it's all about time frame.

Put LeBron in the '84 draft, I take MJ all day because he's got a better motor, which is essential in the grind it out 80s style.

Put MJ in the '03 class, I take LeBron because his game is more suited toward the small-ball that is just starting to develop.

NBA All-star

without consistent teammates
    this is a 2 versus 2.5 question to me (given however historians may rate championships late in ones career)

with consistent teammates
    this is a 3.5 versus 4.5 question to me

I don't want to talk about coaching
    but I'll submit my answer at 7 versus 8

include front office staff into it
    equal. if you held all those constant, it's just an all time team ranking differences and nothing more.

these are my answers, conservatively, including if Lebron never left the Cavaliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri98
    Honestly if you don't know how they turn out, it's all about time frame.

Put LeBron in the '84 draft, I take MJ all day because he's got a better motor, which is essential in the grind it out 80s style.

Put MJ in the '03 class, I take LeBron because his game is more suited toward the small-ball that is just starting to develop.
    You wouldn't know whether MJ had a better motor just off his college play. Lebron had a more NBA ready frame at 19 than MJ had at 21, regardless of the era, and showed the potential for more dominance than MJ did coming into the NBA. Again, MJ wasn't projected to be as great as he wound up. I really think you take Lebron regardless of the era.