Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

Exclamation Lakers @ Bulls 8est

Does Kobe play?

Let's go bulls!

Default Re: Lakers @ Bulls 8est

Bulls should win this one, although i could see us lose too.

We have them beat on paper.

I remember the last time Kobe & Pau faced off like a month prior to the trade, Fisher made 10 out of 11 shots for 26 points & 4 assists as the Lakers won while Kobe was 8/22 for 25 pts, Pau was 6/14 for 18 pts & 12 rebs

Memphis lowkey had a decent roster that year, but guys just didn't know how to win. You had Pau, Miller, Conley, Gay, Lowry, Darko, Warrick, not that bad tbh, but they won like 30% of their games

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    I remember the last time Kobe & Pau faced off like a month prior to the trade, Fisher made 10 out of 11 shots for 26 points & 4 assists as the Lakers won while Kobe was 8/22 for 25 pts, Pau was 6/14 for 18 pts & 12 rebs

Memphis lowkey had a decent roster that year, but guys just didn't know how to win. You had Pau, Miller, Conley, Gay, Lowry, Darko, Warrick, not that bad tbh, but they won like 30% of their games
    Pau's a shitty leader, way too soft, can't shout at teammates when teammates need that.
    He's a great 2nd option though.

Looks like Kobe will play. Looking forward to Butler locking him down to 0/30 fg

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    Looks like Kobe will play. Looking forward to Butler locking him down to 0/30 fg
    Last time Kobe faced Butler, he had 19/7/9 on em

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Last time Kobe faced Butler, he had 19/7/9 on em
    you came quick. Settle down, I was joking

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    you came quick. Settle down, I was joking
    It's coo breh, just playing my role as a faithful Kirby stan

the game is so far away. why cant it be on ABC at 1 est.

1 game win streak baby!!

Looking forward to seeing my boy pau.

Game Preview: http://www.nba.com/games/20141225/LA...fo.html?ls=slt

After winning a couple titles alongside Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol is a major reason why the Chicago Bulls are thinking big.

Gasol faces his former team for the first time as the surging Bulls host the Los Angeles Lakers, who should have Bryant available on Christmas night after pulling off a huge upset without him.

Gasol signed a three-year, $22 million deal with Chicago this summer following six-plus seasons with the Lakers, including championship runs in 2009 and '10. The Spanish big man is averaging 18.0 points and what would be a career-best 11.4 rebounds.

"Emotional, weird, hard to focus, but at the same time I kind of look forward to it in a way," he said of Thursday's showdown. "To see some of the people that I've been through a lot with. ... Just makes Christmas a little more special."

Gasol's arrival has provided a huge lift for the Bulls (19-9), who have climbed atop the Central Division behind a 7-1 run. Chicago is on the verge of a season-best fifth consecutive victory after winning 99-91 at Washington on Tuesday. Derrick Rose came up big again with 10 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter after scoring 15 of his 29 over the final 12 minutes against Toronto the night before.

Rose is averaging 22.7 points on 50.9 percent shooting over his last six games and is starting to look more and more like his old self.

"He's having fun out there. When he's playing, he's playing at a really high level. A lot of guys are stepping up, it just feels good to have Derrick back on the court," center Joakim Noah said.

"It's real, Chicago Bulls are getting healthy again. It's very real. ... We know the sky's the limit for our team. Our confidence is getting better, and we're just going to keep working. It's all coming and it's going to be a special year."

It appears the Bulls will get their first glimpse of Bryant in two seasons with the 16-time All-Star expected to return after sitting out Tuesday's surprising 115-105 win over NBA-leading Golden State due to rest, his first absence since missing last season's final 57 games with a fractured left knee.

The 36-year-old Bryant is averaging 24.6 points and over 35 minutes while shooting just 37.2 percent, way down from his career mark of 45.2.

"Looking at our schedule coming up, I just thought it was a good time to give him a day of rest and let him prepare for the next game," coach Byron Scott said. "He's on board with it. ... You've got to remember -- this is 19 years in this league. That's an unbelievable career. I don't care how much his mind is willing. You're not going to be able to play 82 games at the level that he is accustomed to playing."

The Lakers (9-19), who snapped a three-game losing streak, shot 51.7 percent against the Warriors for their highest mark in 12 games. Former Bulls forward Carlos Boozer scored 18 points off the bench to lead seven players in double figures while Ronnie Price finished with 17 points -- his most in three years.

Like Gasol, this game could have extra significance for Boozer, who landed in Los Angeles after the Bulls used the amnesty clause to cut him this offseason.

"I think he should get some love," Noah said of his former teammate. "Carlos was big part of this team for four years, and somebody who fought hard every night."

The Bulls had dropped seven straight against Los Angeles before taking five of the last six meetings. Noah is averaging 18.3 points and 17.0 boards during a three-game stretch in the series.

Rose hasn't faced the Lakers since scoring 22 points -- including the winning basket with 5 seconds left -- in an 88-87 road victory on Christmas Day in 2011 in what was both teams' first game following the lockout. Rose is averaging 24.6 points against Los Angeles for his second-highest mark against any team.

Bryant is averaging 30.4 points over his last nine games on Christmas.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Kobe gets shut down and coach sends him to bench

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Bulls should win this one, although i could see us lose too.

We have them beat on paper.
    Paper can be burned.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzamanIRL
    Paper can be burned.

Dear God!