Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: should dwyane wades resurection/take over/heat streak cost lebron mvp?

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    [COLOR="White"]trolling time LOL[/COLOR]

It's been a real tough go for Kobe groupies as of late. The Heat haven't lost since the Super Bowl. LeBron is locked for a unanimous 4th NBA MVP, and Wade will have his 2nd finals MVP after the playoffs conclude.
    Meanwhile, Kobe is clinging onto the 8th seed, while playing with 3 Hall of famers.

Ouch.
    I agree except I say its 75% chance Lebron wins finals mvp if heat win cause he probably leads team in rebounding and assists and first or 2nd in scoring also.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: should dwyane wades resurection/take over/heat streak cost lebron mvp?

[QUOTE=Nezty]How you gonna compare those shit Heat teams to the one they have now? Without Lebron this Heat team is just as good. They have great role players and would have Wade and Bosh with bigger roles.

U are a fool if u think Heat would be as good without Lebron. The Cavs won 60 games with Just Lebron and bunch of role players. Not a knock on Wade but he didnt make team better like Lebron did when they were on own teams same with Bosh.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    That's a stupid and arbitrary benchmark, like I already pointed out. Plenty of teams had stacked rosters historically. How many times did Russell's/Bird's Celtics, Magic's/Wilt's/Shaq's Lakers, etc win 70 games? It's only been done once and as coincidence would have it, the best player on that team is universally regarded as the GOAT.

Just because you throw all stars/HOFers on a team, it doesn't automatically guarantee success as we've seen this season with the Lakers (as well as in the past with Rockets when they acquired Pippen and Barkley, and the '04 Lakers... although they at least made the finals, they were crowned by many as the best team ever and a lock to break the wins record when they first came together).

Name one player who has a better case for MVP than Lebron.
    LeBron himself said he didn't think he or Wade would win MVP playing on the same team together. I'm just agreeing with LeBron. As I said, the media got it right in 2011 when they didn't give it to Wade or LeBron, neither of them should win MVP on the same team together unless they are historically good, which the 2011 weren't and the 2012 Heat aren't. Forgot 70 games, they won't even win 60 games and they have more talent than any of the teams with the all-time best regular season winning percentages in the NBA history.

@ comparing the '13 Lakers, '99 Rockets and '04 Lakers to the '11 Heat and '13 Heat. Talk about reaching.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Wade finally starts playing like he should, and "people" (in quotes because i'm not sure if the OP counts as a real fan) start going nuts about it.

I guess that just shows you how poorly Wade has been playing. People have very low expectations for him now after last year's regular season and playoffs (minus Indiana series).

NBA Fan

This is a really pathetic thread and I'm surprised it hasn't been locked/deleted yet smh.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    LeBron himself said he didn't think he or Wade would win MVP playing on the same team together. I'm just agreeing with LeBron. As I said, the media got it right in 2011 when they didn't give it to Wade or LeBron, neither of them should win MVP on the same team together unless they are historically good, which the 2011 weren't and the 2012 Heat aren't. Forgot 70 games, they won't even win 60 games and they have more talent than any of the teams with the all-time best regular season winning percentages in the NBA history.

@ comparing the '13 Lakers, '99 Rockets and '04 Lakers to the '11 Heat and '13 Heat. Talk about reaching.
    Well Lebron is not nostradamus.

He had no idea that Wade would decline so fast and that he would completely take over the team like he has.

And if you are really do listen to what the players say themselves, well then Wade has come out many times recently and talked about how he has let Lebron take the team over because he doesn't care about stats and just wants to win.

Local High School Star Lord Leoshes's Avatar

[QUOTE=longhornfan1234]I agree with Bosh > Ibaka. [COLOR="Green"]Westbrook is clearly better than Wade. Better passer, defender, rebounder, scorer, and slasher. Westbrook has been much more consistent than Wade this seasonUQUOTE[/COLOR]]

Fixed.

& my vote is
    Lebron - MVP
    Wade - FMVP
    Last edited by Lord Leoshes; 03-16-2013 at 06:33 PM.

is it even fair to give a guy the MVP while having another top 5 player in the league as his teammate?

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    is it even fair to give a guy the MVP while having another top 5 player in the league as his teammate?
    this

Agreed. Dwight doesn't deserve the MVP.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Who would you give MVP to? Paul has fallen off a little after injury...Parker will have missed way too much time.

If Lebron can't get it based on team strength...then Durant sure as hell can't get it.

The Lakers haven't won nearly enough games for Kobe to get it.

Harden? I mean...why does everyone have to make this so complicated. Lebron is clearly the best player in the league and is having an amazing season and his team is doing historical things right now.

What more do people want?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Who would you give MVP to? Paul has fallen off a little after injury...Parker will have missed way too much time.

If Lebron can't get it based on team strength...then Durant sure as hell can't get it.

The Lakers haven't won nearly enough games for Kobe to get it.

Harden? I mean...why does everyone have to make this so complicated. Lebron is clearly the best player in the league and is having an amazing season and his team is doing historical things right now.

What more do people want?
    Why can't Durant get it? Westbrook <<<<<< Wade.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Why can't Durant get it? Westbrook <<<<<< Wade.
    Is it just based on the 2nd best player on the team? And for starters...I don't think Wade has been significantly better than Westbrook this year at all.

But in terms of overall help...I think Lebron and Wade play with a similar amount. And I think it would be pretty biased to say Lebron can't get it because of his help and then turn around and give it to Durant...who also plays on a loaded team.

And again. Lebron has been better than Durant and his team is performing better.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Agreed. Dwight doesn't deserve the MVP.
    talking about Wade and Lebron. This is like 2011 all over again, a huge reason why Rose won the MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Is it just based on the 2nd best player on the team? And for starters...I don't think Wade has been significantly better than Westbrook this year at all.

But in terms of overall help...I think Lebron and Wade play with a similar amount. And I think it would be pretty biased to say Lebron can't get it because of his help and then turn around and give it to Durant...who also plays on a loaded team.

And again. Lebron has been better than Durant and his team is performing better.
    how about 2011? Rose won even though Lebron was clearly better than him. And there was only a difference of 4 games won/lost between the Bulls and Heat.