Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

Default Re: Raptors and Hawks wont make 2015 ECF

You need experience to win in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieG
    You need experience to win in the playoffs.
    Amen to that

I can't speak for Hawk's fans, though I'm sure the sentiments are equivalent but I've yet to chat with a fellow Raps supporter who has started yapping about the ECF. The majority of us are fairly realistic and comprehend that we're still a work in progress. Our franchise has made a complete 360 overhaul since the Rudy trade and we're just enjoying the subsequent success that has followed.

Seems to me that it's outsiders of the fan base who are planting bullshit seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    I can't speak for Hawk's fans, though I'm sure the sentiments are equivalent but I've yet to chat with a fellow Raps supporter who has started yapping about the ECF. The majority of us are fairly realistic and comprehend that we're still a work in progress. Our franchise has made a complete 360 overhaul since the Rudy trade and we're just enjoying the subsequent success that has followed.

Seems to me that it's outsiders of the fan base who are planting bullshit seeds.
    They are.

I've been saying even when they started 13-2, the team has so much work to do. Particularly need more front court depth. I wish the Raptors made a deal for Mozgov. Would be a great back up for the team.

A complete 360 overhaul eh? And where did you wind up after that?

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    A complete 360 overhaul eh? And where did you wind up after that?
    Well we're currently first in the conference if you want a genuine answer my dude. I've got too many beers in me to start pulling up and referencing stats following the trade.

at the idea of Hawks playing in ECF. Hawks has been out 1st/2nd round for many years now. I will stay that way.

Well we're currently first in the conference if you want a genuine answer my dude. I've got too many beers in me to start pulling up and referencing stats following the trade.
    I was just giving you a hard time...

A '360' overhaul would turn you around and leave you facing exactly where you started. A 180 overhaul on the other hand...

I think you meant 180, man.

Although, I would say they are more of a 90 degree turn. Still have ways to go for a 180 (continuity winning in the playoffs and possible titles).

OT: Cold days ahead to do anything in Sauga on the weekends, but at least it's almost Christmas time. Got a lot of shopping to do around boxing day and new year's since that's when the best deals are.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I was just giving you a hard time...

A '360' overhaul would turn you around and leave you facing exactly where you started. A 180 overhaul on the other hand...
    If you want to get all technical, the phrase uses "360" as a synonym for a complete turnaround, not spinning around in a circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    They are.

I've been saying even when they started 13-2, the team has so much work to do. Particularly need more front court depth. I wish the Raptors made a deal for Mozgov. Would be a great back up for the team.
    Ditto.

Im a proponent of PatPats gamin the combo of him and Hans/Chuckwagon as the initial bigs off the bench just aint gunna cut long term and I'm positive Masai knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Element
    If you want to get all technical, the phrase uses "360" as a synonym for a complete turnaround, not spinning around in a circle.
    How on earth do you figure that?

Just think about what a 360 is and what it means...

It is technically a complete turnaround, but not in the sense of turning around the fortunes of a franchise.

Raps definitely have a chance of making the ECF. Just gotta stay healthy and avoid Chicago and maybe Cleveland. HCA against the Wizards or Hawks? My money is on the Raps.

Raptors have a good a chance as anyone if they bring their "A" game. I haven't seen enough Hawks games this year, but they look great.

Decent playground baller

Wizards are top 5 in defense and rebounding, not sure why people keep acting like they are in a lower tier than Chicago. They absolutely handled the Bulls last year and both teams are better.