Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Never knew Kobe had PG skills

Last edited by JohnMax; 12-13-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Default Re: Never knew Kobe had PG skills

It's always been one of the most annoying things about him, talent-wise his vision is straight from the top shelf, but his arrogant insistence on playing his style has hidden a lot of it. We've seen it on display during the Shaq-Kobe teams at their best, his chemistry with Pau during those championship years..when he's in the right situation his vision has manifested itself into what it should..but when things are looking down and/or he has less than quality talent around him, dude goes into full on Retardbe gunner mode. And during his peak years circa 06, he got away with that purely on talent and skill..now it's looking pretty brutal. Hopefully he continues what he tried to against SA, and settles into that role nicely. Knowing him that absolutely won't be the case.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    “I’ve had to be a point guard and shooting guard,” Bryant said. “I was always very jealous of him having Scottie Pippen. It’s much more frustrating for a natural scorer to wear both hats. In our games and our development, I’ve had to play more of point guard role, particularly in those first three championships with Shaq, which is not a natural thing for me.”

"I don't care about it, to be honest with you," Bryant said. "It is what it is. I remember when I was a kid and I watched Michael shoot 49 times in an NBA Finals game. Can you imagine if I did that and lost? Puts things in perspective."
    So Kobe would rather have Pippen than Prime Shaq so he could shoot more in the finals?

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    So Kobe would rather have Pippen than Prime Shaq so he could shoot more in the finals?

lmfao

rank sentamentalist

the last two championships really showed what a master he is of drawing attention and finding the seam in the defense. and it's been on display all season. the problem is that more often than not, he already knows whether he's going to shoot or pass before the ball crosses half court.
    Last edited by RidonKs; 12-13-2014 at 08:34 PM.

It's all about application because the skill has always he been there. If he wants to be a better distributor he can because he has the vision and passing ability to do so. He obviously chooses to make scoring his focal objective by a large measure though. It is what it is at this point...

Ofcourse he has, but he doesnt have a PG mindset, infact the biggest opposite to it.

Arcadia, CA

if kobe played PG more often than iso scoring he would of shot a higher percentage instead of taking so many bad shots, also he might have one or two more rings

Quote Originally Posted by macpierce
    if kobe played PG more often than iso scoring he would of shot a higher percentage instead of taking so many bad shots, also he might have one or two more rings
    Name of dime in your avatar?

Of course he does. Only other point guards will have as many assists as Kobe Bryant when he hangs it up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Of course he does. Only other point guards will have as many assists as Kobe Bryant when he hangs it up.
    LeBrons a PG?

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    LeBrons a PG?
    Does he have PG skills?

Kobe led 5 title teams in assists, so that isn't a problem.

He was always a score-1st type of a player. He's a SHOOTING guard. His court vision and passing is probably on the levels of a top PG, but it's not his game, simple as that. He would use it in the biggest moments (09 WCF, 09 Finals, 2010 WCF), but it's not something he did regularly. He just doesn't like to dominate the ball in terms of scoring 30+ points and dishing out 10+ assists a night. He had some 6 apg seasons, give him some rest..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Kobe led 5 title teams in assists, so that isn't a problem.

He was always a score-1st type of a player. He's a SHOOTING guard. His court vision and passing is probably on the levels of a top PG, but it's not his game, simple as that. He would use it in the biggest moments (09 WCF, 09 Finals, 2010 WCF), but it's not something he did regularly. He just doesn't like to dominate the ball in terms of scoring 30+ points and dishing out 10+ assists a night. He had some 6 apg seasons, give him some rest..
    LeBron never had a BELOW 6 assist season since his rookie season

Oh and he has a higher scoring average than Kobe

on higher efficiency as well