Default Jimmer to get a shot (or a few shots)

At this point, it can't hurt. Last night's loss was really bad.

The Knicks plan to sign PG Jimmer Fredette to fill their open roster spot, according to Ian Begley of ESPN (Feb. 18).

Fredette, 26, has been with the Knicks' D-League affiliate in Westchester since November, when he was waived by the Pelicans.

Fredette said earlier this week that he thought he had proven himself in the D-League and said he's ready to produce in the NBA (Feb. 16).

"I feel I've definitely proven I can still play and provide something for a team out there,'' Fredette said. "I've shown that. And I'm definitely confident if I do get an opportunity, I'll be able to produce. The D-League has helped me to get better and develop as a basketball player. I hope there'll be a team that takes notice and gives me a chance.''

Fredette was named the MVP of the D-League All-Star Game on Feb. 13 after scoring 35 points.

Keith Schlosser, SNY.TV Twitter | Archive

The Jimmer experiment will be very interesting. There's no doubt he is dominating the D-League, but that is largely due to the fact that he has the green light to pour in the points in Westchester. His ability to score has never been an issue or question. Instead, it's been a matter of whether or not he's versatile enough to impact the game in other ways.

There's no denying the Knicks can certainly benefit from the injection of life Fredette stands to provide off the bench every now and then. A consistent scoring effort by players from A to Z hasn't always been present this season.

Still, Fredette will have to embrace his role and do whatever is called for from him. If his defense is lacking or if he fails to play in a unselfish manner with the basketball, he'll find himself ushered back to Westchester.

To be fair, though a well known NBA veteran, Fredette has used his time in the D-League to tweak some aspects of his game. He's improved in pick and roll sets somewhat, and perhaps more importantly for the Knicks, has been able to acclimate himself to the triangle offense over the last few months.

After opting not to pull the trigger on any trade deadline deals, Fredette likely represented the best remaining option for what New York needs as they look ahead.

Tags: Keith Schlosser

Default Re: Jimmer to get a shot (or a few shots)

I say we have nothing to lose at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I say we have nothing to lose at this point
    Total agreement.

Coach's decision? Why won't they let him play? Wtf..