Default Time to go all out for a star

You guys are still onboard with putting everything toward getting a star right? With Carmelo in place on what will be the old max, and porzingis on a rookie deal it seems like the plan has to be to add someone to the top of the roster.

Core: Carmelo, porzingis

Keep: Galloway, grant

The question is: is there a way to get a star using Lopez, afflalo, dwill, saraphin, (and picks or grant/Galloway)

Wouldn't you trade the whole group of guys 3-12 for a #1 or 2 type talent

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Time to go all out for a star

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    You guys are still onboard with putting everything toward getting a star right? With Carmelo in place on what will be the old max, and porzingis on a rookie deal it seems like the plan has to be to add someone to the top of the roster.

Core: Carmelo, porzingis

Keep: Galloway, grant

The question is: is there a way to get a star using Lopez, afflalo, dwill, saraphin, (and picks or grant/Galloway)

Wouldn't you trade the whole group of guys 3-12 for a #1 or 2 type talent
    Absolutely. I'd like to keep Afflalo but he's on a PO contract anyway so yea... They can all go. I'd keep the 4 you mentioned and anyone else is expendable.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Might have to include Grant, the rest are rather sorry. Grant might have value, but it's gotta be slipping now that folks know he cant shoot and has bad handles.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Might have to include Grant, the rest are rather sorry. Grant might have value, but it's gotta be slipping now that folks know he cant shoot and has bad handles.
    Only if Conley is in the mix for next year. I don't have a problem with Grant's shooting inconsistencies - Fish doesn't have the rotation squared away yet.
    The kid needs more time. We ain't winning shit this year.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Only if Conley is in the mix for next year. I don't have a problem with Grant's shooting inconsistencies - Fish doesn't have the rotation squared away yet.
    The kid needs more time. We ain't winning shit this year.
    Definitely.

Finally. For once I agree with your fcking trade idea. Keep the four you mentioned, sell everyone else while there's still value. This team is good with them they need chemistry, but I think we need a third scorer that can produce points because behind melo, prozingus isn't proven to score. He's more likely going to be our defensive anchor with the ability to score. We need points. Were struggling to score when everyone goes cold.

If you ask me, were one step closer with prozingus on the team the lure some players. I do not want dumbass JR back. I don't care.