Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: 6,337 to 5,987: An unbreakable record?

I really can't believe that you're throwing a temper tantrum this big because I proved you wrong. I mean, I tried. I tried reposting, I tried explaining it better, I tried breaking it down into individual points, etc..

Sigh. I'll try one more time.

Even if you Kareem all those points at those scoring averages for the games he missed, he'd still end up with only 50 more points than LeBron with ~35-40 MORE games played. Just read that ONE sentence.
    Even if my issue were Lebron vs Kareem...you telling me Kareem would be ahead(but narrowly) is not proving me wrong. But the issue isnt Lebron vs Kareem and this is where ive learned what you are.

The player fanatics...3ball and jordan...Kenneth and Kobe...apparently you and Lebron....

They arent able to step back and see an argument for what it is on a basic level...because they only see arguments for how they reflect on the player they are obsessed with. You call me a Lebron hater for things ive said about Kobe....and Jordan...and anyone any time this came up.

Its not about Lebron in any way. Its about Shaq and Harden scoring the same in the playoffs when one won the title on a higher scoring average and the other lost in the conference finals. Its about Jerry West scoring less in a playoff run than Rashard Lewis when they both lost in the same number of games in the finals but West scored 41ppg and Lewis 19.

Its about every single player having different rules until 2003.

Its about how many 5 game series thousands of people played that nobody to come in after 03 ever did. Its about the Lakers losing a 3 game series by a single shot in the 80s when these days....when Lebron goes down 2-1 in the first round like vs the Pacers he has 4 more games....while the Lakers went home and dont play 18-20 more games. Its about George gervin going down 0-2 vs the Celtics and the series is OVER. Its about Nique losing game 3 to the Bulls and the series is OVER. Its about Moses Malone winning game 2 and the series is OVER. Its about being too dominant to even HAVE a first round. Its about 37 years of there either being no first round or top teams having a first round bye. Its about some players having the playoffs begin on Saturday and be over on Monday.

Its about the entire nature of the playoffs being different.

But once a person is far enough down the rabbit hole in the defense of a single player they cant step back and see the big picture.

It seems you are more Lebron supporter than basketball fan and having noted that...I wont expect you to be rational going forward.

This is about the changing format of the NBA playoffs and how it changes the numbers of everyone not just due to less rounds/games...but because of much easier upsets that wouldnt likely happen in 7 game series(the 41 win Rockets can beat Showtime twice to win a series...im not buying them winning 4 in 7). Everything is geared in favor of late 90s and especially 03 draft and up players coming out ahead on totals. Just how it is.

But you cant get away from it being Lebron...because that appears to be your...thing. At least lately. So lesson learned. I will not attempt to engage you seriously for some time. Im not doing the 3ball thing again where I try over and over for months before I accept the obvious.

Do you. I'll let you be. You're certainly no worse than the other player fanatics(arguably better than some since you dont spam topics). I will leave you in peace to fight about Lebron till you get past this phase. I'll check back with you after hes gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Even if my issue were Lebron vs Kareem...you telling me Kareem would be ahead(but narrowly) is not proving me wrong. But the issue isnt Lebron vs Kareem and this is where ive learned what you are.

The player fanatics...3ball and jordan...Kenneth and Kobe...apparently you and Lebron....

They arent able to step back and see an argument for what it is on a basic level...because they only see arguments for how they reflect on the player they are obsessed with. You call me a Lebron hater for things ive said about Kobe....and Jordan...and anyone any time this came up.

Its not about Lebron in any way. Its about Shaq and Harden scoring the same in the playoffs when one won the title on a higher scoring average and the other lost in the conference finals. Its about Jerry West scoring less in a playoff run than Rashard Lewis when they both lost in the same number of games in the finals but West scored 41ppg and Lewis 19.

Its about every single player having different rules until 2003.

Its about how many 5 game series thousands of people played that nobody to come in after 03 ever did. Its about the Lakers losing a 3 game series by a single shot in the 80s when these days....when Lebron goes down 2-1 in the first round like vs the Pacers he has 4 more games....while the Lakers went home and dont play 18-20 more games. Its about George gervin going down 0-2 vs the Celtics and the series is OVER. Its about Nique losing game 3 to the Bulls and the series is OVER. Its about Moses Malone winning game 2 and the series is OVER. Its about being too dominant to even HAVE a first round. Its about 37 years of there either being no first round or top teams having a first round bye. Its about some players having the playoffs begin on Saturday and be over on Monday.

Its about the entire nature of the playoffs being different.

But once a person is far enough down the rabbit hole in the defense of a single player they cant step back and see the big picture.

It seems you are more Lebron supporter than basketball fan and having noted that...I wont expect you to be rational going forward.

This is about the changing format of the NBA playoffs and how it changes the numbers of everyone not just due to less rounds/games...but because of much easier upsets that wouldnt likely happen in 7 game series(the 41 win Rockets can beat Showtime twice to win a series...im not buying them winning 4 in 7). Everything is geared in favor of late 90s and especially 03 draft and up players coming out ahead on totals. Just how it is.

But you cant get away from it being Lebron...because that appears to be your...thing. At least lately. So lesson learned. I will not attempt to engage you seriously for some time. Im not doing the 3ball thing again where I try over and over for months before I accept the obvious.

Do you. I'll let you be. You're certainly no worse than the other player fanatics(arguably better than some since you dont spam topics). I will leave you in peace to fight about Lebron till you get past this phase. I'll check back with you after hes gone.
    Please take a deep breath, go back and try to actually read my post.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Please take a deep breath, go back and try to actually read my post.
    You cried about people not liking lebrons records.

How much do you like the record where lebron gives up the most finals mvps?

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    The problem here is clear. Im a basketball fan and you are a Lebron fan seeing this through a Lebron tinted lens. It doesnt matter who the player is...playoff totals arent rational to judge a player by. I dont know who would have the record if all of history had the same rules....I just know it wouldnt be Lebron. Jerry West went to the same number of finals as Lebron and has a higher playoff ppg. Who knows what Elgin averages if he got a cupcake first round team when his team was the top seed. he averaged 45ppg in 62 vs the team he would have played had they not been given a first round bye.

No way to know how any of it goes and the extrapolation isnt "my way"I didnt say it to begin with) but its common sense to know the format makes a drastic difference.

When some people in the discussion have a possible max of 14 games in the playoffs and some have a max of 28.....going by totals in the end is just indefensible.

If we are deciding who the best fisherman is....I get up to 28 trips to the lake....you are capped at 14 and eventually raised to 21...

In the end...we compare fish...and I have more than you...

You keeping quiet on the format?

This has nothing to do with Lebron James, or Kareem, or West, or Robert Pack or Jared from Subway. Its not about point...or blocks...or threes made.

This is about common sense. No matter the stat...no matter the player....

All time totals dont mean shit when everyone all time didnt play the same format.

Throw Lebron out.

Think basketball. This is me 7 years ago on the subject of Kobe about to pass Larry Bird in playoff assists:

It has absolutely nothing to do with Lebron and everything to do with common sense. Side note...that topic was made with Kobe 22 shy of Bird after the 2012 playoffs. But he never played another playoff game so he didnt pass him. Which makes this response to me amusing:

They didnt see that next 4 years coming....

Anyway...

All this is.....ESPN posting more bullshit that takes advantage of the public not having knowledge of how these things come to be.

Its "These people dont know enough to call us out" nonsense.

The very notion of an all time playoff ____ list when all the "all time" players before 2003 had less games and sometimes rounds is just deceptive. Not to me. But it is to people who dont know the subject matter. And that is exactly its purpose.

It gets more talk to just say ____ is #1 all time without context. Often they flat out fabricate records by adding the "Since ____" asterisk. Like when Durant had the longest ___ streak since like....1982 or whenever Moses or Gervin really had the record....which was itself only the record since Wilt.

Whatever it is....its never a record record. Its a "If we dont count all the people better" record. This isnt a record record either. Its a "If we pretend guys didnt have fewer games and series till recently" record.

If you could ignore Lebron being the subject im sure you could see it.

Excellent post, 100% spot on. Same thing for Babe Ruth, home runs and the # of baseball games and deadball era.

People forget that Babe hit 60 HR's in the standard 154 game season - Roger Maris hit #61 the last game of 162 game season. In the deadball era (pre-1920 or so) some stadiums were LARGER and the biggest key? Balls that ended up FOUL counted as FOUL balls. So if the Babe hit a "fair" HR and it went foul over the fence it was considered a foul. How many HR's would he have had?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
    Jordan was 1-9 before Scottie took over
    Yes, I am well aware.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    You cried about people not liking lebrons records.

How much do you like the record where lebron gives up the most finals mvps?