Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Playing while high

Anyone else do this?

I play SO much better while high it's ridiculous. I'm not talking a little better...I'm talking doubling my ppg output. I was probably putting up around 10ppg in the two leagues I play in and I started smoking the last 3 games and I've put up 12, 18 and 19 in a row. My rebounding is down a bit though because I'm not as aggressive, but my game is SO MUCH SMOOTHER. My jumper is money...my midrange and threes haven't even been hitting rim...nothing but net. I'm finishing around the rim like I haven't since I was 15 years younger (I'm 39) and NOTHING rattles me. Nothing. I used to beat myself up over missing an easy shot or making a dumb play and it would make me play worse. I would get on some crazy cold shooting streaks because of this. Since then...I don't think I've ever missed more than 2 shots in a row...and I'm probably shooting at a 60%+ clip.

As an example of how much it has helped my shooting...I used to be a pretty good three point shooter back in the day (early 20s). These days, when I warm up, my shot is on...form and release is consistent and shot is smooth. Then the game would start and all that would go out the window. My mechanics would suck...my shot would look different every time and I was just off...BAD off. In probably 30+ games, I made THREE....count em...THREE 3 pointers TOTAL. If I had to say, I was probably 3-20 or something from behind the arc. The last three games since I been smoking? I made FOUR three pointers...shooting 4-6 with the two I missed in and out heartbreakers.

My defense is better too. I still get beat by quick guys who can drive by me on occasion but I been averaging like one or two blocks, getting steals and no one has been able to post me up.

Anyways...just wondering if anyone else does it with similar results?

Default Re: Playing while high

I've tried to play while drunk. I don't recommend doing that. I'm curious about playing after a line or 2 of cocaine.

I just don't see the point. I would rather relax when I am high instead of getting a run in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I just don't see the point. I would rather relax when I am high instead of getting a run in.
    I didn't see the point either.

I should probably mention that I'm hypoglycemic and high intensity sports makes me jittery and dizzy. The weed helps to "normalize" me.

Google it...most people say it actually helps their game, which surprised me.

But I tried it for myself and the results are ridiculous. At least for me.

I do sometimes but I cant smoke too much or my game is really off. I wouldn't recommend it unless your just playing bullshit games with your friends. I honestly can't remember who I was guarding my first three games on Monday cuz I smoked too much

Love Live Life

I can't do it. I'm lazy when I'm high.

I had some friends in high school that played high all the time and would absolutely kill.

I've tried playing drunk and I was falling all over the place so yeah I only play sober now.

You never worry about missing and feel like your the boss when you make shot, the weedy smoke your ego.

I always feel im a better scorer, more creative and i have a sense for where everyone is on the court for passing. Defence and rebounding plummet.

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    I've tried to play while drunk. I don't recommend doing that. I'm curious about playing after a line or 2 of cocaine.
    I would think cocaine would help dramatically... it makes you energetic and extremely confident. I wouldn't be surprised if players do this.

Playing drunk I am pathetic because I lose coordination and I just don't care. Playing buzzed I am all right though.

I have never played high but it works for some. For me I get a natural high while playing especially when I am playing really hard. I could see playing high being a cool experience though... just very chill. Depends on the weed though. Some weed just makes me almost braindead so I don't know if that would be a good thing lol. I am a pretty heady player so I think it might effect my awareness. I will just have to try it sometime though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    I would think cocaine would help dramatically... it makes you energetic and extremely confident. I wouldn't be surprised if players do this.

Playing drunk I am pathetic because I lose coordination and I just don't care. Playing buzzed I am all right though.

I have never played high but it works for some. For me I get a natural high while playing especially when I am playing really hard. I could see playing high being a cool experience though... just very chill. Depends on the weed though. Some weed just makes me almost braindead so I don't know if that would be a good thing lol. I am a pretty heady player so I think it might effect my awareness. I will just have to try it sometime though.
    I'm pretty sure you will want to do it on some sativa dominant strain rather than an indica.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Know exactly what you mean.. For me I get a lot more creative when I'm dribbling passing etc. It's like every move I make is smoother and you get that total control feeling like you have the ball on a string. Kind of the same when I'm cruising high.. Every turn is smoother, I accelerate at optimum intervals, it just puts you in a zone like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Know exactly what you mean.. For me I get a lot more creative when I'm dribbling passing etc. It's like every move I make is smoother and you get that total control feeling like you have the ball on a string. Kind of the same when I'm cruising high.. Every turn is smoother, I accelerate at optimum intervals, it just puts you in a zone like no other.
    YES...so much yes.

I mean, not to brag, but I was a very good shooter when I was in high school and til I was about 22-23. I could hit from anywhere on the court. But a string of injuries (broke my ankle, had toe problems, etc) and then my hypoglycemia really affecting me...it's like I "forgot" how to play. I couldn't shoot, I was missing easy lay ups...I was like the basketball equivalent of Steve Sax disease. I couldn't make routine plays...and forget about hitting anything outside of 5 feet. My confidence was SO shattered outside the paint..and even inside, the only thing that saved my ass was that I was a great rebounder and could put back my own misses.

From the age of 25 on...it was like that. No outside game whatsoever...people daring me to shoot like Lebron in game 6. I was airballing threes.

I think I mentioned it before, but in nearly 30 league games (I run in two at the same time) over nearly 2 seasons, I hit three 3 pointers...TOTAL.

Last night....I hit THREE in one game...including one from near NBA range and another right in some dude's face.

In the last 4 games since I been smoking...I've knocked down 7 threes, making over half my attempts. To some, that might be no big deal. To me...I'm mind blown. I'm 39 years old! I haven't shot like that in nearly 15 years!

It's cuz I'm not thinking out there...when I shoot in the game, it's like I'm warming up. I don't even care who's in front of me...my defender doesn't exist. Now, it has caused me some issues...I've gotten my shot blocked a few times because I don't care who's in front of me (and cuz I'm old and can't jump for shit), but I'll take that any day over bricking up shot after shot.

I don't think I'm actually better at anything when I'm high. But the difference is I try harder.

I don't really think I'd smoke before playing (but I might), however some people have hit me up for ball and it's like man I just smoked a B... and it's like but whatever.

I am overly quiet when I'm sober. I don't see the worth of talking most of the time, but when I'm high I'll shout like... and one! haha.

I just don't care + trying (because the world is different so it's fun to try and see how well you can do) makes me better. I am definitely more on point shooting, too.

-Smak

It's ugly ass B.Walton

I do it every other week. Playing high is kind of like being om fire in 2K in that every offensive attribute would go up.

It's weird to say this but I feel like I'm much more coordinated handling the ball and I can execute dribble moves much more smoothly. Playing high makes you feel like you're Allen Iverson crossing people up. The confidence boost of a made shot when you're faded is incredible. That shvt pumps you up to 180 and you don't care as much about misses. The thing is I tend to see everything a bit slower (as usual) and I (relatively) have more time to think and control my actions because of that perception.

Defense and reboundin aren't really affected when smoking a Sativa strain imo.

Now smoking Indica or Hybrids kind of causes problems lol. It takes immense mental focus to be zeroed in on the game at times. Oftentimes I'll get stripped more easily because I feel lethargic and I'm thinking too slowly. Using your athleticism also becomes harder because my limbs will sometimes feel wobbly after smoking couch lock strains. That doesn't help when you're trying to run or stay on balance on fadeaways and hard drives. Sucking ass on D becomes a reality and rebouding turns into "pray the ball falls into your hands". The one thing that stays consistent with whatever I smoke is my shooting touch improving and my creativity finishing and handling the ball receiving a boost.

The overall feel and fun while playing high is incredibly enjoyable, though. You feel like every shot is going in (even when you miss 100 straight) and when you do hit one it gives you confirmation bias lol because you'll forget about the misses.

Playing high is most enjoyable 1 on 1 imo

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I don't think I'm actually better at anything when I'm high. But the difference is I try harder.

I don't really think I'd smoke before playing (but I might), however some people have hit me up for ball and it's like man I just smoked a B... and it's like but whatever.

I am overly quiet when I'm sober. I don't see the worth of talking most of the time, but when I'm high I'll shout like... and one! haha.

I just don't care + trying (because the world is different so it's fun to try and see how well you can do) makes me better. I am definitely more on point shooting, too.

-Smak
    I'm the same way except with liquor.

Stopped smoking like 4 years ago.

But when I drink I'm real talkative

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

I use to do that all the time, but ive been smoking weed daily for years now, so i get a "different high" than most people not associated with daily weed smoking would get... if that makes sense to anyone

ill still light up before playing a couple of pick up games at my local 24, but i dont before league games anymore. mainly due to the fact that my league games are always on weekend mornings, and if i was to smoke right before, id be wakin and baking, which makes me way toooo high for a league game. but theres nothing better than lighting up right after.