Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best Basketball Management Game?

What's the best NBA game currently available if I want to spend a lot of time being a mock-GM? I'm looking for an NBA version of those Championship Manager games for soccer/football fanatics. I want good season simulations, drafts, trading, free agency, etc.

Default Re: Best Basketball Management Game?

Total Pro Basketball 2005. This is what was used to sim matches in a Sim League that I used to be in. Very detailed game which even includes D-League. You have to download a patch to get the real players, but its easy to find as far as I know and very easy to install.

I think there is a more up to date and better management game called DDS: Basketball though.

DBDs

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Total Pro Basketball 2005. This is what was used to sim matches in a Sim League that I used to be in. Very detailed game which even includes D-League. You have to download a patch to get the real players, but its easy to find as far as I know and very easy to install.

I think there is a more up to date and better management game called DDS: Basketball though.
    Cool. I was looking for something like this too. I liked the earlier version of Championship Manager. More "playable". The excessive detail takes away from the fun of the game - but thats just me.

Anyway,
    total pro basketball, you think its worth the $35 to buy?
    http://games.softpedia.com/get/Share...all-2005.shtml

I am Chris Wilcox

Would I have to purchase this game or could I dl it somewhere.

I am Chris Wilcox

Just felt that this needed to be bumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
    Cool. I was looking for something like this too. I liked the earlier version of Championship Manager. More "playable". The excessive detail takes away from the fun of the game - but thats just me.

Anyway,
    total pro basketball, you think its worth the $35 to buy?
    http://games.softpedia.com/get/Share...all-2005.shtml
    Fast Break Basketball is another legit one.

It's nice and simple, has some bugs and glitches, but that's because it was made in 04/05 I believe. I can find the crack for it so you can unlock it w/o paying

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by qrich

It's nice and simple, has some bugs and glitches, but that's because it was made in 04/05 I believe. I can find the crack for it so you can unlock it w/o paying
    I got the Crack for it but I want that for Total Pro Basketball

Local High School Star WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar

I've played most of them and you can't go past Fast Break Basketball but just don't expect anything close to the game that the CM/FM series is.

Sadly there just ins't a basketball game that is even really close to those, the best is probably the college ones(there are 3 that are good) but if you are after an NBA one you will have a hard time finding one.

Hockey has Eastside Hockey and baseball has Out of the Park, which are both on the same level as FM(not as good, but close) but there just isn't anything for basketball and the only thing close for football(Front Office Football) isn't as accessible as FM is, it's every bit as detailed but it is almost too buried in the details.

Quote Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1

Sadly there just ins't a basketball game that is even really close to those, the best is probably the college ones(there are 3 that are good) but if you are after an NBA one you will have a hard time finding one.
    Any of those College games for free? Or have cracks? I'm looking for a college one, but only one I find for free is FastBreak's college version, which I disliked bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave The Man
    I got the Crack for it but I want that for Total Pro Basketball
    Eh, I like TPB, but it gets too complicated and annoying. FBB is the way to go if you want something to actually enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich

Is FBB the real NBA rosters or fake players? I don't mind too much either way but if you could find a crack that would be great.

I am Chris Wilcox

I found one called World Basketball Manager 2008 and apparently you can download a patch for all the real names and team names.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Is FBB the real NBA rosters or fake players? I don't mind too much either way but if you could find a crack that would be great.
    Since FBB was last made back in 04, it's the rosters of that year, but you can find updated rosters and import them to your game. Just check sim leagues if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I found one called World Basketball Manager 2008 and apparently you can download a patch for all the real names and team names.
    Is it free?

I am Chris Wilcox

If you can download it off of ares or limewire successfully, then yeah. But I haven't had any luck getting it yet. On the game's website it says that it costs 20 euros, which is quite cheap.

I am Chris Wilcox

Just foun an online game which seems to be really good. It's free and you have complete control over the team. You sort out the training, the money expenses, how and where the players play on the court, you also decide the lineup for each game and quarter. It seems pretty good.

www.charazay.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Just foun an online game which seems to be really good. It's free and you have complete control over the team. You sort out the training, the money expenses, how and where the players play on the court, you also decide the lineup for each game and quarter. It seems pretty good.

www.charazay.com
    Just registering for it now. Something to pass the time away I guess :) Hopefully it will be interesting. Thanks man.

Oh great, another one of these 'wait for the administrator to approve you' sites. Took me nearly 2 weeks to be accepted here on ISH. Hopefully it won't take that long.