Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: ☆2015 Lakers Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Well I'm indeed surprised, I guess I was happy none the less whoever if it was of the top 3 it wasn't who I wanted first choice but can't exactly be mad, surprised none the less, though I think Aldridge has certainly had an effect on who was picked, seems all but gone from Portland and seems Lakers may be really in the hunt or at least they think they are.
    I think not just Aldridge but Love also opted out 1 or 2 days before the draft.
    In essense, if LMA says no, there are other options like Kevin, Monroe, Marc etc. Also, they still hold an option on Jordan Hill, he may not be allstar but I think he is good enough to fulfill a role of a defender/rebounder.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I think not just Aldridge but Love also opted out 1 or 2 days before the draft.
    In essense, if LMA says no, there are other options like Kevin, Monroe, Marc etc. Also, they still hold an option on Jordan Hill, he may not be allstar but I think he is good enough to fulfill a role of a defender/rebounder.
    Yeah Love opted out as well, though I can see him returning to Cleveland (I think he just opens up more problems as to what to do with Randle if the team gets Love), Aldridge has the body and strength to play center pretty good (or at least enough so that Randle can play power forward). I somehow am guessing New York may throw a bit of money (more than I'd want) at Monroe, there's other options of course but as far as who I'd want it'd be him then daylight for me anyway and I'd probably think for most. Though I must admit if the team gets a power forward even though he's been injured (though I'm sure if he's up for trade other teams will probably offer more) would be interesting to try and organise a sign and trade with Philadelphia for Embiid but I doubt Randle would be enough (despite injury risks for Embiid both I guess have injury concerns albeit). Must admit it's funny to think in terms of the 76ers, just according to all reports Lakers will take an inside big leaving the player they'd love to have and could use Russell then blindsided and they've got basically now a cluster of talented bigmen.

Interesting off-season ahead at least
    Last edited by Lakers91; 06-26-2015 at 12:04 PM.

-Have the Lakers ever drafted a star big man? I think every single decent center we got was through trade/FA. Okafor would have been the first good center draft pick by Lakers - an anomaly

-With this pick, I cannot see us getting Jimmy Butler for SG -- unless if we get him for SF. It wouldn't make sense either when you have such a big glaring need at C

-We still need a SF. Nick Young at starting SF is risky. I hope we can get Harrison Barnes, but he would want too much money (he is not worth max). I would still offer max to Kawhi Leonard though. Butler I guess can play SF too - he is worth max too

Signing a top big man would be awesome, but I also like Danny Green and Mike Dunleavy.