Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Default Re: Homeland

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Hold the hell on.

The only thing in that case was a bunch of C4? Did I hear that right? You're an al-Qaeda level terrorist operation and you need to kill 6 federal agents so they don't find some simple explosives? Or because you can't get more or something, even though it's not exactly plutonium?

That makes it so much worse.
    I doubt it's just C4. To me whatever is in the case would lead back somewhere up the ladder, to Brody, Roya, or even Nazir.

Brody's life is almost MORE out of control now that he's working for the 'good guys.' As an aside I would love to bang his wife. No wonder Mike can't f*ck off.
    Last edited by johndeeregreen; 11-13-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Hold the hell on.

The only thing in that case was a bunch of C4? Did I hear that right? You're an al-Qaeda level terrorist operation and you need to kill 6 federal agents so they don't find some simple explosives? Or because you can't get more or something, even though it's not exactly plutonium?

That makes it so much worse.
    I just watched the episode, they have no idea what was in the case, all they know is that it was not any sort of radioactive material so I think Carrie just kind of threw something out there just taking a stab in the dark.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    I doubt it's just C4. To me whatever is in the case would lead back somewhere up the ladder, to Brody, Roya, or even Nazir.

Brody's life is almost MORE out of control now that he's working for the 'good guys.' As an aside I would love to bang his wife. No wonder Mike can't f*ck off.

I agree, whatever is in that case must be more damning than killing a dozen CIA members mid day on a small town main street. We know that they know that the CIA is onto them if only because they were at the Tailor's shop. And we know that that was going to be a major news story, as seen by the fact that the fundraiser guy knew about it.
    Can you imagine what a scene like that would look like on the news cycle's we have these days. Even if they could hide the fact that the victims were CIA somehow.

I also agree that I'd like to bang his wife, and in fact one of my biggest faults with the show is that we haven't seen her naked since early in that first season. C'mon Showtime, get your shit together.

I really wish the BET made their own version of this... Homieland. Would watch

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    I just watched the episode, they have no idea what was in the case, all they know is that it was not any sort of radioactive material so I think Carrie just kind of threw something out there just taking a stab in the dark.
    Well there's some explosives in the case, since they mentioned RDX showed up in the tests.

But yes, it must have been something more important for them to go commando.

Also, the CIA guys survived that attack? One of them is out of the hospital? What? I'd have to watch that scene again, but those guys were firing multiple shots from a military weapon. Why would they leave anyone alive?

It does seem to be veering away from realism.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Well there's some explosives in the case, since they mentioned RDX showed up in the tests.

But yes, it must have been something more important for them to go commando.

Also, the CIA guys survived that attack? One of them is out of the hospital? What? I'd have to watch that scene again, but those guys were firing multiple shots from a military weapon. Why would they leave anyone alive?

It does seem to be veering away from realism.
    Well Quinn was 'acting' like he was dead when they walked right past him out of door. Galvez is as good as dead from what they make it sound like. Seeing as how they just shot up a store in a small neighborhood they probably didn't have too much time to go around checking pulses or firing off extra shots at everyone to make sure they're dead. Still veering away from the realism aspect I agree though.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

If it's between losing Quinn as a character for realism's sake and keeping him around with a small reach in reality, I pick the first one. Really like him as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    Well Quinn was 'acting' like he was dead when they walked right past him out of door. Galvez is as good as dead from what they make it sound like. Seeing as how they just shot up a store in a small neighborhood they probably didn't have too much time to go around checking pulses or firing off extra shots at everyone to make sure they're dead. Still veering away from the realism aspect I agree though.
    I was precisely thinking about them firing extra shots. Wouldn't have taken anytime whatsoever.

Also I think the Quinn getting out of bed thing, they stole from Gen. Petraeus's bio.

he suffered one of the more dramatic incidents in his career; in 1991 he was accidentally shot in the chest with an M-16 assault rifle during a live-fire exercise when a soldier tripped and his rifle discharged.[43] He was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, where he was operated on by future U.S. Senator Bill Frist. The hospital released him early after he did fifty push-ups without resting, just a few days after the accident.[44][45]

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Who saw this episode

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Who saw this episode
    Home girl said fuck this case, i'm gettin some terror dick!

That old dude held his head and shame like he was listening to his daughter getting gangbanged.

Carrie is stone-cold crazy

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot

That old dude held his head and shame like he was listening to his daughter getting gangbanged.

Yeah that was funny/weird at the same time.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

this is 24 on cable now. this is getting bad.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot

Carrie being employed by the CIA is becoming more and more unrealistic now.

Its kinda funny, although this is way more extreme, imagine if one of the agents searching for Osama Bin Laden was in love with him?

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Carrie being employed by the CIA is becoming more and more unrealistic now.

Its kinda funny, although this is way more extreme, imagine if one of the agents searching for Osama Bin Laden was in love with him?

I kind of felt like the show knows that, it admits it, and it's almost winking at the audience when it did the scene with Saul and Quinn listening in on it. Quinn is pretty much expressing all the ludacris things about the scenario that the audience is probably thinking. And Saul is kind of sitting there sort of shamefully defending her, and in a way the show in general, shaking his head and sort of telling the audience to just bear with us here.

Nothing she did in that episode was less believable than the idea of a private helicopter flying totally undected with the CIA unable to track it, landing in the suburbs of DC, and zipping off. And then meeting up with Abu Nazir? How many times after 9/11 do you think Osama Bin Laden was being driven around in luxory vehicles to warehouses just outside the nations capitol.

But that's not really the point of the show for me. The point is that it's so crazy that I'm not able to see things coming. At some point it'll have one twist too many, but it's not there for me yet.

One of the things I find interesting are the critics who love this but hated The Killing for it's own series of implausible scenarios.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I kind of felt like the show knows that, it admits it, and it's almost winking at the audience when it did the scene with Saul and Quinn listening in on it. Quinn is pretty much expressing all the ludacris things about the scenario that the audience is probably thinking. And Saul is kind of sitting there sort of shamefully defending her, and in a way the show in general, shaking his head and sort of telling the audience to just bear with us here.

Nothing she did in that episode was less believable than the idea of a private helicopter flying totally undected with the CIA unable to track it, landing in the suburbs of DC, and zipping off. And then meeting up with Abu Nazir? How many times after 9/11 do you think Osama Bin Laden was being driven around in luxory vehicles to warehouses just outside the nations capitol.

But that's not really the point of the show for me. The point is that it's so crazy that I'm not able to see things coming. At some point it'll have one twist too many, but it's not there for me yet.

One of the things I find interesting are the critics who love this but hated The Killing for it's own series of implausible scenarios.
    I'm not really trying to complain. Just pointing it out. Still love the show and will continue to watch.