Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Lakers have a huge target on their back still at 15-20

Teams are still getting geeked up to play them cause they've been on the top for so long. I was just watching the postgame speech of Durant and he said that he was pumped up to play because he "didn't want the Lakers to turn their season around on us", that just speaks to how every team in the league is playing the Lakers extremely tough just so that the Lakers don't get a chance to develop a dominant chemistry together.

That's one thing to consider when evaluating their season... that and all the injuries and two retarded coaching hires.

Default Re: Lakers have a huge target on their back still at 15-20

*15-21

every team has to continue kicking them while they are down. keep at it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    *15-21
    Lol

Good points. That is the burden a great team, like the Lakers, have to shoulder for awhile. The Lakers are like the Yankees in baseball, they always have a target on their backs...but you never see a great team go into instant panic mode.

That may be true but, last night and against the Spurs and Rockets, it was just a case of an undermanned Lakers team playing much better teams.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Good points. That is the burden a great team, like the Lakers, have to shoulder for awhile. The Lakers are like the Yankees in baseball, they always have a target on their backs...but you never see a great team go into instant panic mode.
    Agreed. The contenders also try to keep them and even the Mavs out of the play-offs, because you never know, when their talent gets it together or they make one more trade that fixes their problem.

But the NBA or its referees also seem to treat other teams fair against them for once. It

Teams are still getting geeked up to play them cause they've been on the top for so long. I was just watching the postgame speech of Durant and he said that he was pumped up to play because he "didn't want the Lakers to turn their season around on us", that just speaks to how every team in the league is playing the Lakers extremely tough just so that the Lakers don't get a chance to develop a dominant chemistry together.

That's one thing to consider when evaluating their season...
    I agree. The Lakers are the biggest deal in NBA history, and the league does more or less revolve around them, and has for at least 40 years. They're like Superman, or America. It doesn't matter their record or their roster. The fact is once every 3 to 5 years a great, great player is gifted them for free out of the blue, simply because they're the Lakers.

And not only that but they still do have an all-time great who is not totally outside of his prime on their team, and one who is a huge and controversial personality at that.

They could lose ten straight and still be the most exciting matchup anyone has in a given month.

Very good NBA starter

This is complete bullshit. Everyone in the Lakers organization from the players to coaching to management has completely $hit the bed. Everyone is responsible for this horrible season, cry me a river if you know there's a target on your back then players should bring their best every night, the coaching staff needs to have a solid game plan and management needs address the weaknesses on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    that's true, I think how a team handles adversity and losing at times is a better test of character than how they handle winning. Anyone can play with confidence and calmness when they are frontrunning, it's when your down, behind and your back against the wall is when your true character comes out.

good points btw as well clifton, I agree with what you said as well. It's no secret the NBA is more profitable when teams like LA, Boston and NY do well. Same for the NFL with teams with the Cowboys, Redskins, 49ers, etc. The NFL just has much more storied franchises while the NBA only has something like 7-10 teams that have ever won a championship (I believe boston/la holds like 66% of all the nba titles ever awarded)

This is complete bullshit. Everyone in the Lakers organization from the players to coaching to management has completely $hit the bed. Everyone is responsible for this horrible season, cry me a river if you know there's a target on your back then players should bring their best every night, the coaching staff needs to have a solid game plan and management needs address the weaknesses on the roster.
    The Lakers are definitely having an underachieving season but like I said things like what I said in the OP play a factor. The Lakers can't exactly quietly sneak in as the 4th seed like an Indiana (last season anyways) or possibly a Golden State out west. I mean the hawks have the 3rd best record in the league which is where they've been for the past half decade or so and you don't hear about how teams are getting pumped up to play atlanta.
    Last edited by BlueandGold; 01-13-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Fakers are now 15 -21

But soon Fakers will be 16-21 thanks to Eastern Conf bottom feeders CLE match up tonight.

& also, Fake MJ called Kobe will get a chance to get his elusive 40-50 pt game against usual bottom feeder

something he cannot do against OKL or SAS.

If the Lakers go 15-22 the season will be officially over.

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    I am a *******
    what

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    Fakers are now 15 -21

But soon Fakers will be 16-21 thanks to Eastern Conf bottom feeders CLE match up tonight.

& also, Fake MJ called Kobe will get a chance to get his elusive 40-50 pt game against usual bottom feeder

something he cannot do against OKL or SAS.
    That's cool, I don't know who the Fakers are though. I'm talking about the Lakers here.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

I don't know about that. As a Nets fan if I see the Lakers on the schedule the first thing that comes to mind is "sweet i get to see my nets put up 130 points". They weren't as bad defensively at the start of the season but since Mike Antoni' has taken over they dropped a couple of notches on the defensive end. No, teams don't jump with joy as if they were playing the Suns but let's not act like they're intimidated because they see the Lakers on their schedule tomorrow.