Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: The amount of guns US citizens own in relation to the rest of the world is insane

Too many guns getting in the hands of the wrong people. Bad people. Criminals.

Default Re: The amount of guns US citizens own in relation to the rest of the world is insane

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Beto has been betrayed by his own people

Got you shook

College star

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    what's more useful to society- an ar-15 in the hands of some suburban soccer mom or new bridges and railroad tracks?

How about I ask you what’s more important? Taking AR-15’s from soccer moms or building new bridges and railroad tracks? Everyday when you sit in traffic on some antiquated dilapidated freeway are you actually giving a shit about whether some harmless soccer mom has an AR-15?

Putting gun control before an infrastructure program is a total loser position. Bottom line.
    Last edited by Norcaliblunt; 09-14-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Out of shape soccer mom in her 40s with an AR15 without body armor or training of any kind taking on the US army armed with M4s and air support/tanks/jeeps in street combat. Good luck.

How many times we gotta say that the US is not gonna bring out tanks into or bomb suberbia. It's ridiculous that anyone imagines that would happen. That would signal the collapse of our democracy.

Which would be a huge w for the militia even if they got rofl stomped.

-Smak

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    this.

and/or a nationwide gun buyback program. take all those useless military grade killing machines out of civilians' hands, melt them down and use the metal for infrastructure fixes. and people will get compensated, they could use that $ to buy something actually useful or meth, whichever they prefer.

what's more useful to society- an ar-15 in the hands of some suburban soccer mom or new bridges and railroad tracks?
    I agree with this. There has to be some incentive. Americans don't trust the government so it needs to be monetary. But it has to be a decent amount of money. The government is cheap as ****. But if they gave everyone say....10K, that would do it. The government can afford it. If they come talking 1K, its not gonna happen.

NBA sixth man of the year

Out of shape soccer mom in her 40s with an AR15 without body armor or training of any kind taking on the US army armed with M4s and air support/tanks/jeeps in street combat. Good luck.

Sounds like the folks who play Call of Duty...

Oh wait...I play Call of Duty. But I also play Gears of War and I'm NASTY so yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    How many times we gotta say that the US is not gonna bring out tanks into or bomb suberbia. It's ridiculous that anyone imagines that would happen. That would signal the collapse of our democracy.

Which would be a huge w for the militia even if they got rofl stomped.

-Smak
    Okay.

Out of shape soccer mom in her 40s with an AR15 without body armor or training of any kind taking on the US army armed with M4s and smoke/flash nades in street combat. Good luck.

Better now?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Man those crushed beer cans look so trashy.

Okay.

Out of shape soccer mom in her 40s with an AR15 without body armor or training of any kind taking on the US army armed with M4s and smoke/flash nades in street combat. Good luck.

Better now?
    yea, a task force could def happen. Not to seem like a dick, but whenever people act like the US military is gonna go full syria on us, it makes me sigh. And basically as you said they wouldn't need to.

It's mainly just balance. That's why NK doesn't wanna give up their nukes. Not cuz they could do that much with them, but the destruction/hassle it would cause would deter a lot of low level stuff.

The problem w/ something like a gun buyback, to me, is if you put the price right people could probably sell their guns and get new ones illegally. Like dude said, there are so many guns, but most are probably in cases and will never be used 'seriously.'

Guns are a necessary evil for democracy, imo, but we do need people to stop shooting up places. Some day, guns might be the last power we have. Tangible things are more important than something fake like money. Tools are good, and guns are really powerful tools, albeit mostly for destructive purposes. As long as we have guns, people will always have to take us seriously (for better or worse.) We don't want to take power away from the people. Or I don't, even tho I don't want a gun. When shit goes down I'll borrow someone else's haha.

-Smak