Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

I'll take Chris Paul, more dependable down the stretch. Chris has a dependable jumpshot as well as the ability make free throws at the end of games.

Local High School Star

LOL are you serious? CP was 1-5 vs the heat in the 4th quarter

Is their any other clear cut ignorant posters than lebron23? Dudes a joke

Quote Originally Posted by ShowTime LA
    Is their any other clear cut ignorant posters than lebron23? Dudes a joke

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    LOL are you serious? CP was 1-5 vs the heat in the 4th quarter
    He iced the christmas day game making 3 jumpshots in a row. Also in the clippers first game against the blazers he hit a 3 pointer and made 2 big layups. He also blocked crawfords 3 point attempt.

Ok, those who think its debatable, check out tonights game between clippers and lakers

I rule the local playground

They're equals if shots outside of 15 feet don't count for anything.

Good High School Starter

rondo clearly, second best point guard in the NBA, hes carrying the old ass celts by himself this year. Everyone on the team is honestly just waiting for rondo to set them up, they cant do shit without him

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Did CP3 have these haters before he joined the Clippers? . Rondo isn't worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as CP3 and never has been. Even CP3 at 75 percent>Rondo normally. Funny thing is Rondo is having a big year because everybody around him is struggling and he's having to carry more.

CP3 is playing with another franchise player/superstar who's averaging what 23 or 24 ppg? Then he's playing with other 16 ppg scorers in Butler and Billups. 16, 9 and 3 while getting used to new teammates and when you're not conditioned early in season is still elite for a PG.

Chris Paul may have went 1-5 down the stretch vs Miami... but his clutch plays are what got the Clippers control of the game and cut the leads down. Whether it was getting steals, making the right passes or hitting jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by rule1223
    rondo clearly, second best point guard in the NBA, hes carrying the old ass celts by himself this year. Everyone on the team is honestly just waiting for rondo to set them up, they cant do shit without him
    Carrying them to 4-5. Sounds amazing. Guess who the Celtics have played so far?

Knicks
    Heat
    Hornets
    Pistons
    Wizards
    Wizards (twice in a row)
    Nets
    Pacers
    Mavs

So they have played 1 great team and two solid ones in Knicks and Mavs. Not only a weak schedule but guess who their wins came against? Not against the Knicks, Mavs or Heat but against the Wizards twice, Pistons and Nets. Color me unimpressed.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 01-14-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Did CP3 have these haters before he joined the Clippers?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Rondo has now developed a jumper. Still struggling with the FTs though.
    The past 2 seasons this has been said. Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    CP3 is playing with another franchise player/superstar who's averaging what 23 or 24 ppg? Then he's playing with other 16 ppg scorers in Butler and Billups.
    To be fair, he averaged similar numbers with the Hornets last season. I wish he played as aggressive as he did against Miami more consistently.. I was a big fan of his game in 08 and 09 and only see it in spurts now. Would rather have him running my team than Rondo though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Rondo's a better passer, slasher, penetrator, defender, rebounder, and has better vision.. better pure point. But CP3 is clearly a better overall basketball player mainly because he does everything rondo does at a slightly lower level except he does it with precision shooting and an alpha mentality.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Rondo's a better passer, slasher, penetrator, defender, rebounder, and has better vision.. better pure point. But CP3 is clearly a better overall basketball player mainly because he does everything rondo does at a slightly lower level except he does it with precision shooting and an alpha mentality.
    rondo is way more of a leader than paul, when the hornets were about to be eliminated in hte playoffs instead of helping the team this guy deferred to jannero pargo... a guy who isnt even in the league anymore. If i didnt watch bball, i wouldve thought pargo was the man of that team

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    To be fair, he averaged similar numbers with the Hornets last season. I wish he played as aggressive as he did against Miami more consistently.. I was a big fan of his game in 08 and 09 and only see it in spurts now. Would rather have him running my team than Rondo though.
    Yea... true. Just saying it's more impressive if you can maintain that WHILE playing with another superstar+ other talent. I think he's not peaked this season honestly. When the Clippers do best is when he's aggressive on offense. Team knows it.. coach knows it and he knows it. His first postgame quote after Clips beat the Heat was about being more aggressive because he was too passive in Portland game.

The first step to fixing a problem is identifying it and everybody knows. I expect to see a lot more vintage CP3 27 points, 11 assists, 5-6 rebounds, 3 steals with great D and efficiency.