Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: NBA and NBPA meeting Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    i know no progress will be made yet i fall for it everytime like a hopeless sucker.
    You wouldn't be alone there. I'll be watching NBATV waiting for the news conferences that reveal nothing was accomplished.

Like a moth the flame brother.

Learning to shoot layups

I think this is just another media ploy....aint shit gonna happen anytime soon

F*CK BOTH SIDES

Players need to cave. This is stupid. Basically, they can eithe
    1) Cave now and get their whole salary.
    OR
    1) Hold firm and come back with a new deal later on.
    2) While holding firm, play overseas for less money than they would get here.

So basically they could win but lose because they'd lose more money than the would get back over the length of a 7 year deal.

Give it up. YOU LOST. The owners have more leverage. The second the players said "owners are losing money but not quite as much as they say" they lost. The second they implied a new deal might be needed.

Anyone seriously think the union holds firm when the have's are getting deals overseas and the have nots have no jobs at all? BTW, i'm pro player. My team's owner (the knicks) would go to war with last year's system in a heartbeat, with no cap in a heartbeat. Basically NY, we are on the players side. But they are not going to win.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Players need to cave. This is stupid. Basically, they can eithe
    1) Cave now and get their whole salary.
    OR
    1) Hold firm and come back with a new deal later on.
    2) While holding firm, play overseas for less money than they would get here.

So basically they could win but lose because they'd lose more money than the would get back over the length of a 7 year deal.

Give it up. YOU LOST. The owners have more leverage. The second the players said "owners are losing money but not quite as much as they say" they lost. The second they implied a new deal might be needed.

Anyone seriously think the union holds firm when the have's are getting deals overseas and the have nots have no jobs at all? BTW, i'm pro player. My team's owner (the knicks) would go to war with last year's system in a heartbeat, with no cap in a heartbeat. Basically NY, we are on the players side. But they are not going to win.
    Why would they cave now when they haven't even heard back from the NLRB?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Are you an idiot? It already is.

All-white league = Owners

Hoodrats = Players

We watching the players, but everyone knows the white man is running the show upstairs.
    YOU are the idiot, did you not read white "players" in the quote, or are you an idiot that cant read too. Stop being a dimwit for once in your life.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Exactly. I mean, if this were the NHL, where both sides were white, we'd NEVER have any sort of labor dispute....am i right, people?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Why would they cave now when they haven't even heard back from the NLRB?
    They only win if they win NOW, if somehow the owners are forced right now to implemenet a similar system. If the NLRB comes back and they win but it becomes a long drawn out thing, they will still lose even if the terms of this current CBA are applied going forward.

They've lost. THey really have. Remember, the NLRB to get the players CBA applied has to prove the owners are having an unfair work enviorment. It's not. Otherwise what are they trying for?

People confuse being pro-player with being unrealistc. Thinking the players will win at the moment strikes me as at best, improbable.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    I'm pretty sure the mediator is gone.
    really?

damn....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

They only win if they win NOW, if somehow the owners are forced right now to implemenet a similar system. If the NLRB comes back and they win but it becomes a long drawn out thing, they will still lose even if the terms of this current CBA are applied going forward.

They've lost. THey really have. Remember, the NLRB to get the players CBA applied has to prove the owners are having an unfair work enviorment. It's not. Otherwise what are they trying for?

People confuse being pro-player with being unrealistc. Thinking the players will win at the moment strikes me as at best, improbable.
    Its really not about taking a side. I'm sure everyone here thinks I'm pro owner. Not really. I just understand their stance. They have negotiating leverage and they are using. It makes business sense. They have the power, money, and leverage to get what they want....or at least close to it.

The players' position doesn't make sense because each day they lose money they can never get back....and their position is weakened. Some owners actually want there not to be a season. Its actually better for a majority of owners financially under the current system and climate. So again, that position make sense.

What doesn't make sense is for players to not take the best deal available and hold out while losing 2.1 billion dollars in the process that can never be made up.

The problem is that players are operating out of pride, ego, and principal. All the things you should never use in a negotiation. As you said, they've lost....unless something crazy happens and the big market owners just agree to absurdly high levels of revenue sharing and agree to not spend over a certain amount of money in salary each year. And that probably would be considered collusion and the players would have a problem with that as well.

adrian wojo of yahoo sports tweeted these;

Clearly, the NBA and NBPA made some measure of progress talking quietly over last 48-72 hours leading into bargaining session today in NY.
    - 11 mins ago

Two sources -- one on ownership side, one union -- with direct knowledge of latest proposals are encouraged with movement on both sides.
    - 19 mins ago

wojo is rarely wrong or speculative so these are small but good signs for all of you pessimists. there will be a season! i can feel it!

Quote Originally Posted by chips93

- 11 mins ago

- 19 mins ago

wojo is rarely wrong or speculative so these are small but good signs for all of you pessimists. there will be a season! i can feel it!
    in b4 "no progress was made"

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93

- 11 mins ago

- 19 mins ago

dont get your hopes too high..

Learning to shoot layups

Lets start a countdown to the "no progress was made"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Taking the deal now means a HUGE loss for them. Over $1.8 billion for 10 years. Getting a win from the NLRB means they will still give back money, just not quite that much. More along the lines of what they have conceded, which is $1 billion.

3-time NBA All-Star

They seemed pretty dead set on canceling an extra 2 weeks, so them holding off on that all of a sudden has to mean something good.

There's this also:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/71...l-star-classic

Hopefully this is a sign as well. Lebron, Melo, CP3, Rose, and Westbrook have all pulled out of this tour. I believe they're all giving up close to a million each by doing that. As rich as they are, thats still a whole lot of money, not to mention the fact that they maybe giving up salary with the lockout. You would think if there was no positive sign of it ending soon, they would stay around. Not to mention I believe there was a clause that if the lockout ended, the tour would be over. There's no risk in doing the tour, but they are botching it anyway.